1/6 The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am yet to display my Tumbler, it's been in its box for almost 2 years now. Does that issue on the fenders (due to the weight) does not get any worse?

From my experience, no. Have mine standing on the wheels without any support under the body work and didn't recoginize any change on the fenders over the the time, they're also bulged a little but that's just how ithey were right from the beginning.

From my experience, no. Have mine standing on the wheels without any support under the body work and didn't recoginize any change on the fenders over the the time, they're also bulged a little but that's just how ithey were right from the beginning.

Thanks for the info! It's good to know that it doesn't get any worse :)

Early this week in Hong Kong...

IMG_0087.JPG
IMG_0083.JPG

Now that pic of the Tumbler replica confuses me. The wheels actually show the same inaccuracies as the HT 1/6 wheels, the angular tire form and the silver rim circle. Kind of like as if they took the 1/6 model as reference to build this.

Cool shots anyway!
Any yeah, my all time favourite Batmobile as well! :yess:

Now that pic of the Tumbler replica confuses me. The wheels actually show the same inaccuracies as the HT 1/6 wheels, the angular tire form and the silver rim circle. Kind of like as if they took the 1/6 model as reference to build this.

I was thinking the same thing! The softness on the panels is also off. It looks like a home-built replica that didn't use the movie or prop as reference. ;)

Cool shots anyway!
Any yeah, my all time favourite Batmobile as well! :yess:

I was thinking the same thing! The softness on the panels is also off. It looks like a home-built replica that didn't use the movie or prop as reference. ;)

Yeah I'm thinking the same thing. Even the 1989 Batmobile on display there looks more like a blown up Hot Toys version than the original car/accurate full size replica.

Super-glossy paint aside, look at the side-piping, and the threading on the front and back wheels. They're not as finely detailed as real Mickey Thompson tires, and they don't even look like real tires to me...but the softness of the threading reminds me a lot of the HT version.

I think WB commissioned Hot Toys (or a local replica/prop company) to just make 6:1 scale replicas of the toys for this Hong Kong display rather than ship "real" Batmobile replicas all the way over there. They're keeping their main Batmobiles for the show currently in California.

EDIT: There are daylight shots of these replicas and the Bat-pod on the Hot Toys facebook page. They're OK when darkly lit and viewed from afar, but they're not fooling anyone. It's just a couple of steps above a fancy cardboard theater display.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm thinking the same thing. Even the 1989 Batmobile on display there looks more like a blown up Hot Toys version than the original car/accurate full size replica.

Super-glossy paint aside, look at the side-piping, and the threading on the front and back wheels. They're not as finely detailed as real Mickey Thompson tires, and they don't even look like real tires to me...but the softness of the threading reminds me a lot of the HT version.

I think WB commissioned Hot Toys (or a local replica/prop company) to just make 6:1 scale replicas of the toys for this Hong Kong display rather than ship "real" Batmobile replicas all the way over there. They're keeping their main Batmobiles for the show currently in California.

EDIT: There are daylight shots of these replicas and the Bat-pod on the Hot Toys facebook page. They're OK when darkly lit and viewed from afar, but they're not fooling anyone. It's just a couple of steps above a fancy cardboard theater display.

All the original 89 batmobiles that were left over were repainted after the movie. So if that is actually a screen used one, not a replica, it's the repainted one. Not sure on the tumbler. There were only a few made and one got destroyed. There are a few replicas out there. A guy I know who made a replica rents it out for appearances.

All the original 89 batmobiles that were left over were repainted after the movie. So if that is actually a screen used one, not a replica, it's the repainted one. Not sure on the tumbler. There were only a few made and one got destroyed. There are a few replicas out there. A guy I know who made a replica rents it out for appearances.

I know they were all repainted. I am saying that what's on display in HK are definitely not screen used ones (neither the '89 or the Tumbler --- repainted or not), and in general are pretty poor replicas for an official display. This is what the HK '89 looks like in daylight.

10300623_10152149229687344_7867839531647429773_n.jpg

Check out that rear fender and air scoop, Hot Toys style front wheels, and no-texture orange headlights. Looks like it was in a fender-bender when they rolled it off the truck or however they got it there too.

Yeah, they ****ing wrecked it.

The air intake things on the side don't look as sophisticated, rounded and polished as the real deal either.

the chinese built a replica of the tumbler to match the hot toys version, so that collectors over there would think their toy model at home was screen accurate

ya its definitely a replica, just not a very good one.

I love the Jay Leno Garage video of him talking about and driving the screen used Tumbler around that is kept at WB studio. Its the only one they use for test driving now. They mention the rest of the Tumblers are in the UK. But this video is a few years old now.

This is why it will always be my favorite batmobile!!! :)

Last edited:
That tumbler definitely looks like it's based off HT's model. Like mentioned, the back wheels, rims, but also the exhaust. It's just one mold instead of many individual panels.

DarkKnightRises+camo+tumbler+exhaust.jpg

Back