1/6 The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

Hey cool, I appreciate the photos that include a common item for scale reference. My final payment is in January. I'm seeing (or at least, I think I'm seeing) fewer posts about QC issues lately. Do you guys think they've ironed out most of that stuff? Or are folks just tired of talking about it. heh.

From what I've read there is more issues with the batpod than with the tumbler. Mine was perfect when it came.

That's unfortunate. I've had to put off getting the 'pod but I was hoping to get it a few months down the road. Guess I'll hafta check that thread. I try to avoid threads about products I can't afford to curtail the "desire to acquire."

From what I've read there is more issues with the batpod than with the tumbler. Mine was perfect when it came.

Yeah I've heard and read quite a few complaints about the Batpod which is why I put off buying it. I could luck out like I did with the Tumbler but I'm not sure if I want to take the chance or not. I would love to have it but with so many figures coming out and the ones I'm still looking for I'll probably pass. I have the Tumbler and that's all I really need :wink1:

Thing is, I've *got* to have the Catwoman figure and that figure looks so good on/next to the batpod.
jeeeze ima dork.
:)

The Bat-pod I got had none of the problems at all when I inspected it.
It's a shame a lot weren't as lucky as me, though.

The Bat-pod I got had none of the problems at all when I inspected it.
It's a shame a lot weren't as lucky as me, though.

Some of the black parts like the front fork and handle bars may have scratches on it, I only notice mine had scratches on my second or third check....it is sad but at least mine didnt have crooked wheels....

Since receiving my Tumbler last week, I've decided I have to have the BatPod so I'll be dropping an order for that Friday. I really hope they're still available. I intend to build a display case for them side-by-side.

Bane is an easy pass for me but with all they did with the Selena Kyle character, I'm desperately trying to talk myself out of picking up Cat Woman.

Now, back to the topic at hand...I did finally get my Tumbler and was relieved to see I was one of the lucky ones to receive one that was not damaged. I went over it with a fine tooth comb and found no issues. That was before holding my breath installing the spoilers hoping I wouldn't **** it up myself. Fortunately, I didn't.

It really doesn't matter how many times people tell you how massive this thing is, I don't think you have a chance of absorbing it until you actually have it in hand. I took it out of the box and just stared for a good 5-10 mins taking it all in. The wife joined me about half way through marveling at the fact it covered half of our kitchen table. She thinks it's as cool as I do and loves the DX12 standing next to it.

Amazing piece.

Last edited:

It really doesn't matter how many times people tell you how massive this thing is, I don't think you have a chance of absorbing it until you actually have it in hand.

This was exactly my experience. I picked up mine from a great local board member yesterday, and I was stunned when I saw the size of the box. Heavy too.

My retailer here in Spain has adviced me that I have to wait till January to get it...

I can´t believe it!

Finally can't wait for the Tumbler.. shipping out from Sideshow today!

I am really struggling trying to decide which tumbler to go with....I have the black on flex, but the camo seems to have more detail with the paint and stuff......choices!!!

:thud:

BTW, These are back in stock on Sideshow.....don't know how many they have.

I'd say worry about the black tumbler for now. They seem to be drying up. BBTS had 5 on Monday, and they're now sold out. Even wbshop had a couple and are now gone.

I am really struggling trying to decide which tumbler to go with....I have the black on flex, but the camo seems to have more detail with the paint and stuff......choices!!!

:thud:

Well...do you want the Batmobile or Bane's goon's tanks?

Batman's Tumbler is iconic where as the camo Tumbler was just fodder. The choice is simple :peace

Batman's Tumbler is iconic where as the camo Tumbler was just fodder. The choice is simple :peace

:goodpost:True! I am just going to keep the black tumbler....looks better with DX12 anyways.

If they would have just made the camo tumbler different, like with the gun or the rocket launcher it probably would have gotten some more interest. Leaving it plain I don't see a need to spend $500 more dollars for the same thing I already have just with different paint.

Flex paying another one...i love my better half!

Ah but he could want an original tumbler, pre-paint job...

...but yes, get the black one!

Back