1/6 The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

I think this may have been asked several times, but.... Once the flaps/spoilers are added can they be removed? Say you had to move and wanted to place the tumbler back in the original box for safe travel. I may be faced with this dilemma once I finish my flex pay and get this monster. Thanks

Please, someone answer this, I have the same doubt!!

I think this may have been asked several times, but.... Once the flaps/spoilers are added can they be removed? Say you had to move and wanted to place the tumbler back in the original box for safe travel. I may be faced with this dilemma once I finish my flex pay and get this monster. Thanks

well mine is from the first run and required quite a bit of force to get in and in the process I also broke a piston connector here and there. Definitely not easy to insert and I assume remove. Maybe lubricate it prior to ... ok this cant go anywhere good
go spoilerless is what I recommend :peace

well mine is from the first run and required quite a bit of force to get in and in the process I also broke a piston connector here and there. Definitely not easy to insert and I assume remove. Maybe lubricate it prior to ... ok this cant go anywhere good
go spoilerless is what I recommend :peace

Lubricated and spoiler less - sounds quite risky but I was figuring this would be the best way to go. Once I'm in a new location I can insert the spoilers. This is all tumbler related people.

oh wait just noticed so are you saying I am ripping off ppl, might as well say it!

Hi, I was trying to help the guys that called the Custom cases
In Ohio that wanted over 300 to ship a 36x24x14 I believe.

Dunno why you took offense to that, and I don't know what you are even charging for a case.

But if you tell me I can then say if you are.
I just scanned through your thread and you a running a router on 1/4 plexi glass and charging people for that, then they have to put it together with this special tape. No plexiglass case this gauge and size for a no load sidebox should cost more than 100-125 for a standard 36x24x12 case in 3/16 - 1/4 plexiglass just taping it together and doing all the labor. If so folks are overpaying.

What are you charging for your kit?

Hi, I was trying to help the guys that called the Custom cases
In Ohio that wanted over 300 to ship a 36x24x14 I believe.

Dunno why you took offense to that, and I don't know what you are even charging for a case.

But if you tell me I can then say if you are.
I just scanned through your thread and you a running a router on 1/4 plexi glass and charging people for that, then they have to put it together with this special tape. No plexiglass case this gauge and size for a no load sidebox should cost more than 100-125 for a standard 36x24x12 case in 3/16 - 1/4 plexiglass just taping it together and doing all the labor. If so folks are overpaying.

What are you charging for your kit?

In the end I was offering what I thought was a fair service but you seem to know better so as an open economy I am sure many members will be delighted line up for your offering and I will simply step aside. Please don't disappoint our fellow collectors :peace

In the end I was offering what I thought was a fair service but you seem to know better so as an open economy I am sure many members will be delighted line up for your offering and I will simply step aside. Please don't disappoint our fellow collectors :peace

I'm not selling any cases. I'm not looking for a quick buck, don't need the cash. This thread has people excited over a $500.00 plus item and they are throwing money like crazy to get a nice setup. I am being helpful cause most people on the board are not experienced with building stuff like this, obviously by the prices I see.

The intent was to help these guys not spend more than they should as a "impulse buy". Though I would say it is convenient this service for cases jumped up when the tumbler launched.

By your reaction, I am sorry to say you must be really overcharging folks.
That's your decision to stop selling cases, if folks want to buy from you I say go for it.

funny thing is .... go back read your replies and then read mine again and now under the assumption that your statement of rip off was directed at me and then highlight all the little statements you made to just try to do whatever you were trying to do while I am .. well NOT trying to do the same
Sorry but I have to wonder how adult you are and what statement is true and what is not...
In any case I think you have thrown enough insult my way and I have simply no interest in throwing much any of that back at you but you have certainly reminded me how cold the internet is

Enough of this.

This thread is for the Tumbler, Geil can charge whatever he feels is appropriate, it's up to individuals to buy or not buy.

I understand you're trying to be helpful Hookietwo but you're free to PM people if you have concerns.

Enough of this.

This thread is for the Tumbler, Geil can charge whatever he feels is appropriate, it's up to individuals to buy or not buy.

I understand you're trying to be helpful Hookietwo but you're free to PM people if you have concerns.

:goodpost:

I just got mine delivered about two hours ago. A BIG box indeed! Thankfully, no significant damage to the shipper box. I haven't had a chance to crack open the box yet. Here's hoping for no issues with the Tumbler itself.

Now to strategize where to display the beast and where to buy a custom display case locally.

Order it, contractors coming next week.

As I feared, HT QC strikes again!! :gah:

Right wheel wasn't attached when I lifted the Tumbler out of the styrofoam packaging insert, along with the engine nozzle.

Michael_Cortez_Tumbler_RightWheel.jpg

Left wheel hub cap was loose in the box!

Michael_Cortez_Tumbler_LeftWheelHubCap.jpg

This thing on the flap, hub cap and engine nozzle can be glued back back on.
Michael_Cortez_Tumbler_FlapL3.jpg

I've sent an email to HT customer service last night. I've only had to contact HT CS twice in the past and they've responded within five days of me sending an email to them. So three times the charm. If they can't resolve the wheel issue, I'm contacting CSC where I bought it.

Thank you for the kind words.

Few things I still need to figure out.

I have three Marvel books displayed under Batman posters, doesn't really go :lol

I only own one Batman book, The Art and Making.

So I need 2 more Batman books plus the one I have to go under there.

The other thing is that I really wanted to have space to pose my 1/6 BB Toy Fair Exc version along with the Tumbler, can't where I have it at the moment, still working on that.

Thank you for the kind words.

Few things I still need to figure out.

I have three Marvel books displayed under Batman posters, doesn't really go :lol

I only own one Batman book, The Art and Making.

So I need 2 more Batman books plus the one I have to go under there.

The other thing is that I really wanted to have space to pose my 1/6 BB Toy Fair Exc version along with the Tumbler, can't where I have it at the moment, still working on that.

Why not have him climbing put of the tumbler as in some of the promo pics?

Will the tumbler not fit where the books are now? Leave the other spot for the smaller Batpod and you may only need one more book if at all ;)

:borg

Back