1/6 The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

Don't think he has been back on yet to report.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4830714&postcount=2428

Click the green diamond next to his name to see his full post.

[Edit] Thats new then. They used to be fixed on the first version. Thats good then.

Yeah, those side flap things aren't even located in the little area where the rest of the spoilers are. Each one is in its own compartment in the styrofoam. Butters probably just hadn't put them on when he took the pics.

After having it for a week, its a great piece. My only complaint is that the roof doesn't extend as far back as I'd like, but its not noticeable when its closed.

I know it's a bit off subject but...

Has anyone else seen this! It goes on sale tomorrow @Mondonews twitter page. I want onebut dont have a twitter account. This would be an awesome add on to someone's Batman collection.*

58753B0C-BBEB-4314-9395-0B93E75B26A2-12212-00000D7CBFA5AC54.jpg

Here's a link if your are intrested.

https://m.superherohype.com/features/...er-the-batcave

Damn. Sold out.

Sold out in 2 minutes..I was lucky to get one.

I kept checking all morning lol. I went to go pee and was gone from the computer for like 3 minutes and when I got back the sale had gone live and sold out.:slap If it is always that crazy I doubt I will even bother trying again.

That was my favorite scene from the Nolan trilogy.

When BW ran into Stark and a giant cute dog while unwrapping the Batmobile from weird plastic around the wheels.

"...and yes Mr. Stark, it does come in hot rod red." :1-1:

Love my tumbler What a beauty love this collectible must get for any Nolan Batman fan

F8E8AE72-4BC1-4CB6-8C2A-F9B45A5D9807-7212-000005B12B2FF6AF.jpg
B75103B7-89D8-473F-881B-F8511B4AE17E-7212-000005B1309EC727.jpg
4F63573D-CA25-4230-8A0D-BFED896C8DE4-7212-000005B135601AA7.jpg
B9409464-87DF-44FE-B4FF-4B1A32C5394A-7212-000005B14186FB87.jpg

This is how its sitting while I get a custom coffee table built
925506A3-E1A4-4B83-ADF6-8D9F7AC722B8-7212-000005B1485FD289.jpg

Just called an acrylic display case manufacturer in Ohio...they said it would be about $300 just to ship it!! What's crazier is that the lady said that she had just got off the phone with someone from California wanting a custom case with the same dimensions! I told her that I bet it was for the same item, and she said it was for some Batman thingy lol

Yeah that is the tricky part really. If the box is shipped preassembled you have to build something real strong to protect it and it won't be cheap. Shipping it flat there are simply not many good solutions for DIY assembly as glueing is quite challenging and when you shop around look at samples. You will almost always see bubbles in the seams just more or less. The other solution I saw with screws is a decent compromise but not the best looking. I am still the only one to use tape i think? Tough call and certainly if you find a shop locally that is really the way to go

:borg

It could save you a few more $ and space but 34"x24"x14" is plenty of room

shingle2.jpg

case4.jpg

And welcome all the noobs to the tumbler club :D

Last edited:
Every panel is 1/4" incl the base and dimensions should be inner clearing size. The base sticks out 3/4" on each side as I recall (I sold the case since then)
And I certainly prefer the angled display. Keep in mind if you really have space then the larger the better especially if you can fit a brood in it as well and maybe Batman and Selina. I usually recommend to not go too large or high as too much space look weird but with the Tumbler you really can't go wrong except for going too tight on the dimensions.

Yeah.....welcome. *mutters angrily under breath*

:D (nah seriously I'm over it, glad guys like Jyecat can get it...also it looks like I'm gonna be in that position on the 89 batmobile since I won't be able to get it in 13')

It could save you a few more $ and space but 34"x24"x14" is plenty of room

shingle2.jpg

case4.jpg

So 34"x 24"x 14" works huh...can you fit a figure with a stand inside?

I called Cases for Collectibles to see if they would really ship a pre-built case for the price on the site. The lady I spoke to said, "Let me guess, it's for Batman..." :lol She said 3 other people from CA called yesterday asking for a similar sized case. :rotfl Unfortunately, something that big would actually require $300 to ship out here. :gah: I'll probably have to go with some place local.

Please keep me posted as to what you find out...Im getting a quote from a company in Costa Mesa tomorrow :)

Has anyone try to make them? I know at Lowes (not sure of the cost of the supply's) but they will cut it for you. Free. I used to do this with fish tanks.

I called Cases for Collectibles to see if they would really ship a pre-built case for the price on the site. The lady I spoke to said, "Let me guess, it's for Batman..." :lol She said 3 other people from CA called yesterday asking for a similar sized case. :rotfl Unfortunately, something that big would actually require $300 to ship out here. :gah: I'll probably have to go with some place local.

Are you in CA? If so, what part?

Has anyone try to make them? I know at Lowes (not sure of the cost of the supply's) but they will cut it for you. Free. I used to do this with fish tanks.

I am making my own. It is 3/8 thick cost is less than 150 bucks. If there are DIY'ers on here check Amazon as they have perspex cheap if you have Amazon Prime it ships free. Lowes will cut it for 2 dollars a cut.

Go get some 600 1200 1500 wet sandpaper and either screw it in or use MEK or methalene chloride to bond it together to get a seamless joint. (Be very very very careful if you go chemical wash.)

Last edited:
It's a lot of work though and not easy. If you get it cut at the wrong shop the edges will be rough as they tend to use the general purpose MDF/wood blades which rips the edges apart. Sanding manually is almost unusable in my opinion as the edge will not likely remain flat and square and for fusing it chemically without bubbles it needs to be both. If you are going DIY I think 1/8 might be better at hiding the flaws just because there is not much of an edge to see. My very first case was with 1/8" and I bend two corners with a DIY heating table (forgot the official name) glued the sides on and the routed the edges. Cheap and hides flaws well but have to invest into the right tools and quadruple check everything to make sure everything remains square. On a large piece like this it becomes annoyingly important. But I would never ship that.

Back