"The Dark Knight" 2008 !!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw it last night and I don't get how anyone could be disappointed in any facet of this film. Never before has any movie been this hyped in my head and delivered on this level. I was 110% satisfied with what I saw.

They somehow managed to give Lucius, Rachel, Harvey, Bruce, Batman and the Joker all depth... without drowning the movie while doing so (ala Spider-Man 3).

Heath's performance was astounding, his Joker was one Hell of a twisted bastard but very smart at the same time. It really was a joy to watch. It doesn't get much better than this, he was THE JOKER. I found myself forgetting it was Heath under there, it was so well performed. While Nicholson will always hold a dear spot in my heart for his Joker, THIS Joker was the one I wanted to see the most. It was perfection.

Two Face was handled extremely well, he made me more nervous than the Joker did at times. His dedication to his form of justice was so absolute, and his pain was justified... They really nailed the transformation and tragedy of Harvey.

I could go on about how the suit performed waaay above expectations and how I loved it more than the Begins suit, or how the story twists threw me, or how much the end surprised me... But I won't.

Let's just say that there is a new favorite Comic Book movie of all time on my list, and a new top 10 movie of all time as well. I wasn't disappointed at all, in any way. Best movie of the summer, bar none.

:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead

GAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

This day is dragging on FOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEVER!!!!!

I saw it last night and I don't get how anyone could be disappointed in any facet of this film. Never before has any movie been this hyped in my head and delivered on this level. I was 110% satisfied with what I saw.

They somehow managed to give Lucius, Rachel, Harvey, Bruce, Batman and the Joker all depth... without drowning the movie while doing so (ala Spider-Man 3).

Heath's performance was astounding, his Joker was one Hell of a twisted bastard but very smart at the same time. It really was a joy to watch. It doesn't get much better than this, he was THE JOKER. I found myself forgetting it was Heath under there, it was so well performed. While Nicholson will always hold a dear spot in my heart for his Joker, THIS Joker was the one I wanted to see the most. It was perfection.

Two Face was handled extremely well, he made me more nervous than the Joker did at times. His dedication to his form of justice was so absolute, and his pain was justified... They really nailed the transformation and tragedy of Harvey.

I could go on about how the suit performed waaay above expectations and how I loved it more than the Begins suit, or how the story twists threw me, or how much the end surprised me... But I won't.

Let's just say that there is a new favorite Comic Book movie of all time on my list, and a new top 10 movie of all time as well. I wasn't disappointed at all, in any way. Best movie of the summer, bar none.

Excellent, Josh. :cool:

This movie also made me remember why I HATEHATEHATE CGI so much. REAL LOOKS REAL. I love Nolan for realizing that.

AWESOME SHOTS! I never realized the Joker shoes were suede...
Great info! Thanks!

Wish I could of gotten better shots, but it was late and dark. I am sure someone will post better pictures today with some natural lighting. The Joker's costume was not lit that well so it was a bit hard to capture it. Also, the batpod was not there yet.

This movie also made me remember why I HATEHATEHATE CGI so much. REAL LOOKS REAL. I love Nolan for realizing that.

Same here. I just don't like that most directors have gotten so dependent on CGI. It should only be used for something that cannot possibly be done otherwise. Two Face was CGI done right.

There are few directors that really get it. P. Jackson got it, hence all of the miniature work in LOTR... and it looked miles better for it. And that's why the SW OT looks more believable than the PT... it's the traditional miniature and other camera tricks that make it work like it does.

TDK has only made a paltry $18.5 million so far and that is only for the Midnight showings!

It's 3:46am on a Saturday morning here.

I've got to wait until 2:25 am tomorrow morning to watch the show! I'm almost there!

The wait is excruciating! :banghead

Best Batman movie EVER. Period. Loved it. Saw it this morning at 9:45 and going again with some friends tonight. Yeah I'm a nerd lol.

Swag... I was hoping for more after standing 3+ hours, but hey it was free goodies :D T-shirt and tank top

swag1ix5.jpg

swag2sb1.jpg

I forgot to add this to the other thread but I don't hate the new suit. In fact the scenes with Batman and the change was done so early on that I didn't even realize it was the new suit until close ups were done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back