"The Dark Knight" 2008 !!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If this film needed it, I would get it. But this was going to be one of the biggest films of the year (if not of all time).

I have no doubt that Ledger is brilliant in this role. It's a tragedy that he passed so young but would anyone ever expect an actor in a comic book movie to be the leading candidate for an Oscar?

If this film needed it, I would get it. But this was going to be one of the biggest films of the year (if not of all time).

I have no doubt that Ledger is brilliant in this role. It's a tragedy that he passed so young but would anyone ever expect an actor in a comic book movie to be the leading candidate for an Oscar?

For supporting actor yeah. Pacino was nominated for Dick Tracy, and Jack was nominated for his Joker at the Globes. While they're not comics, the roles of Gandalf, Obi Wan, and Jack Sparrow aren't that far removed from this norm either. I do believe it's the exception, but I don't see it as odd.

Late for the party here, but....

Just picked up the score today....talk about amping up the intensity! Some random thoughts on it as I listen...In addition to re-visiting the themes from BB, Zimmer & Howard have added some interesting aural twists here...I'm being reminded a bit of some early Tangerine Dream with an industrial bent. Nice.

I also have to wonder if some of the reviews that are mentioning "Heat" as a comparison to DK are doing so in part because of this score....I see this sound working well with something intense from Michael Mann....hmmmm....what would his take on Batman be like?

This score...the same but different. Enough of a new edge to make it an extension of the BB score, as well it should be....

Anyhow....enough ramblin' from me here......is it Thursday night yet? :)

Relative to the score, anyone listen to WHY SO SERIOUS? that's familiar with the movie HEAT? Not only do I find filming similarities, but musically there's a HEAT influence to some of the crime stuff.

Without seeing the movie, never in a million years, but that's not to say someone could break through the stigmas of comic films and deliver a performance that speaks strongly to their talent.

Unfortunately, Ledger's death will leave a stigma on any success this role has for him, like a steroid accusation in baseball, it'll always shadow anything that comes of it. Even if his success is all on his skill, it'll be there, and that's the worst part because he may deserve it all simply for his committment and effort to the role, but in a PR ass-kissing Hollywood, who knows whether awards and such are or aren't influenced by off-screen goings on.

Relative to the score, anyone listen to WHY SO SERIOUS? that's familiar with the movie HEAT? Not only do I find filming similarities, but musically there's a HEAT influence to some of the crime stuff.

Some Joker stuff sounds a bit like NIN, cool score.

Yeah, I'm listening to the score right now... and MAN... it's intense music. It still hits on some Begins themes, but really does push forward with it, musically.

Yeah, I'm listening to the score right now... and MAN... it's intense music. It still hits on some Begins themes, but really does push forward with it, musically.

I made that comment to someone. TDK score, to me, takes the best elements of the Begins score and pushes them further. I'll admit, I got a little teary eyed the first time I listened to track 3 and it had that very dramatic rendition of the Corynorhinus music from Begins, I can only imagine the visuals in the movie that'll shadow. I still think my favorite element of the music is the heart-pounding stuff like Molossus off begins, and the moody piano stuff for all the emotional and dramatic scenes.

It's funny how some parts of tracks are so distinct who was behind them, like some things just scream Zimmer and others Howard, but yet they blend together beautifully. Not sure why Begins was a collaboration between them, but it's paid off, they both add what they're best at to counter each other's weaknesses.

I made that comment to someone. TDK score, to me, takes the best elements of the Begins score and pushes them further. I'll admit, I got a little teary eyed the first time I listened to track 3 and it had that very dramatic rendition of the Corynorhinus music from Begins, I can only imagine the visuals in the movie that'll shadow. I still think my favorite element of the music is the heart-pounding stuff like Molossus off begins, and the moody piano stuff for all the emotional and dramatic scenes.

It's funny how some parts of tracks are so distinct who was behind them, like some things just scream Zimmer and others Howard, but yet they blend together beautifully. Not sure why Begins was a collaboration between them, but it's paid off, they both add what they're best at to counter each other's weaknesses.

I tell you Sean that damn Molossus is going to get me killed one day :lol I listen to the BB score daily while working, I will be picking up the TDK score tommorrow forsure!

I tell you Sean that damn Molossus is going to get me killed one day :lol I listen to the BB score daily while working, I will be picking up the TDK score tommorrow forsure!

I've got TDK in my car, you thought Begins was a road danger, DON'T play TDK in your car, many more intense driving tracks than Begins, and now we've got all the extra tumbler and pod footage in our brains from the trailers, plust I drive a black car haha.

I'm not much of a conspiracy theorist, but 3 of the 4 current negative reviews at RT are from Time Out New York, New York Magazine and The New Yorker. I guess all that talk about New Yorkers being pissed that Nolan filmed in Chicago instead of using their city as Gotham was true after all. It's absolutely ludicrous that these "critics" let something like that play into their review of a film, but in this case the bias clearly shows. What a bunch of a-holes!!!

To add to your conspiracy, can I also mention that all 3 New York critics are named David???!!!!

Anyway, just noticing... :naughty

I've got TDK in my car, you thought Begins was a road danger, DON'T play TDK in your car, many more intense driving tracks than Begins....

Yeah, I found myself having to ease off on the gas today drivin' around with TDK playing...it does make on want to drive FAST! :lol

So I just got back from the premier (sneak peak) for the viral ticket holders/press screening of The Dark Knight, and let me just say "WOW." Simple as that. It will be this summer's biggest movie (if not this year's.) It truely out-performed every other action movie out that's been released this year, including Iron Man (and that says a lot coming from a Marvel fan.)

I've got TDK in my car, you thought Begins was a road danger, DON'T play TDK in your car, many more intense driving tracks than Begins, and now we've got all the extra tumbler and pod footage in our brains from the trailers, plust I drive a black car haha.

Especially "Why So Serious?" and "Harvey Two-Face"...those'll get you speeding and goosebumps on your arms, respectively. "I'm Not a Hero" is pretty good too. Couldn't stand how many times they hit the opening notes of the Bat-Theme (Molossus) and then kept diverging off of it before it hit its stride. Man, I was itching to throw in Begins score after TDK just to blast Molossus.

Fixed that problem though. Made an MP3 disc with both scores on it tonight. :)

So I'm guessing you enjoyed it. :lol

Understatement of the year! I'll tell you this, it lives up to the hype! And I'm sure you guys know how much I have been looking forward to this. Now don't think my anticipation for this film has blidded me. Many times expectations are not met and the film "sucks." This film exceeded my expectations.

The rest of my family loved it too! BEST film of the YEAR by far!

:drool

Thursday night can't get her soon enough! :lol

Understatement of the year! I'll tell you this, it lives up to the hype! And I'm sure you guys know how much I have been looking forward to this. Now don't think my anticipation for this film has blidded me. Many times expectations are not met and the film "sucks." This film exceeded my expectations.

The rest of my family loved it too! BEST film of the YEAR by far!

:drool

Thursday night can't get her soon enough! :lol

WOOT! That's great news! Now I'm even more stoked! If a true Batfan likes the film, then I know for sure I'll like it. So far we've only been going on the words of movie critics, who may or may not know jack about the bat.

What's next for you, Buttmunch? Imax?

WOOT! That's great news! Now I'm even more stoked! If a true Batfan likes the film, then I know for sure I'll like it. So far we've only been going on the words of movie critics, who may or may not know jack about the bat.

What's next for you, Buttmunch? Imax?

Yes. But I also saw it tonight in IMAX. Just amazing!

And the way I look at films, if the Critics LOVE it, then most likely I will too! Especially something like a superhero film like this.

1 hr til i see it in OZ!!!!
its been booked out since 10am this morning and i had to cash in my midnight session tix cause being school holidays here ATM they decided to release the movie on a wednesday instead of the normal thursday.....alas i JUST got tix til the 8:30pm screening which starts in a lil over an hr local time!!!!
will be finishing at 11:22pm,so a lil too late to post anything til tomoz :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back