"The Dark Knight" 2008 !!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's pretty interesting, the IMAX in Dallas is sold out for like a week. But the local theaters aren't quite as sold out as Star Wars Episode III was for the midnight showing. ROTS had 4 showings for midnight that sold out, this one so far has two available. I really think though that this will make a new record beating out SM3.

I remembered checking the TDK showtimes and ticket availability for a (sort of) local IMAX near my area on Monday and all the showtimes were available. I check back the next day (Tuesday), and all of them were gone except the very earliest (9:30AM) and the very latest (1:30AM).....And this was for Saturday the 19th!!!!

So I went and ordered tickets for Sunday. Taking my little cousins.

Just got back from seeing it at the local...And yeah, one movie that DEFINITELY lives up to the hype....All the guys in the cinema at the end stood up and applauded, which is something you don't see around here too often. Heath really got the Joker, it's a pity he won't get to see the reaction that he'll get from the public, from what was an outstanding performance.

And, Harvey Dent's 2Face was GREAT!

I'm so jealous... :lol

I'm glad Buttmunch liked it, that gives me a lot of hope. He and I see pretty much eye to eye on what we want from a Bat film, so I trust his judgement. Now I am even more psyched to see it.... It needs to be Friday already. :banana

I'm so jealous... :lol

I'm glad Buttmunch liked it, that gives me a lot of hope. He and I see pretty much eye to eye on what we want from a Bat film, so I trust his judgement. Now I am even more psyched to see it.... It needs to be Friday already. :banana

Yeah, same here. If both you and Buttmunch liked it, I'm already there. Of course I admit I will have a biased opinion since I was on set to watch Nolan film while in Chicago :banana :rotfl

A 5th negative review came in, and guess what. It's another New York critic! This is hilarious. 4 of the 5 negative reviews are New York critics. Also do NOT, do NOT read the current negative, the jerk posts HUGE spoilers throughout it. It's from About.com

About that "About" review...

Just a heads-up for those trying to dance around too many spoilers prior to seeing the movie...

Was over at Rotten Tomatoes reading reviews and the twit from about.com has a "review" (I use that term loosely) where he not only hates it, but gives away major plot points with no warning just to be an ass.

Having an opinion is one thing, blurting out spoilers in a review with no warning...that's just rude.

Just a heads-up, all....

I was lucky to see it last night too, and I am in 100% agreement with Buttmunch. :drool
RUN to the theater!
bat.gif

Amazing film. Absolutely loved it. Can't wait to see it again.
Definitely an Oscar Nom role for Ledger. Very very sad.
10.gif

Big Car+Molussus= Wanting to go very fast and swerve a bunch.:D

I am very eager for Friday and it will be my 1st time at an Imax theatre and the score is amazing!

Just a heads-up for those trying to dance around too many spoilers prior to seeing the movie...

Was over at Rotten Tomatoes reading reviews and the twit from about.com has a "review" (I use that term loosely) where he not only hates it, but gives away major plot points with no warning just to be an ass.

Having an opinion is one thing, blurting out spoilers in a review with no warning...that's just rude.

Just a heads-up, all....

Thanks for the heads up.

These ********* New York "critics" are really starting to piss me off. Nolan wanted to film in Chicago because logistically it worked much better for him than NY. They really need to GET OVER IT!!!! Believe it or not, there are other places in the U.S. besides New York. And just because they don't like that Nolan chose not to film there doesn't mean that bias should play into a review of his film. It's completely unprofessional and makes their reviews 100% worthless. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
:lol I really don't think all of the NY reviews are biased just because Nolan films these in Chicago.

It's easier for me to believe that NY critics are just bitter tools, period.

There is no conspiracy.

The 6th negative review is in, and guess what, it's another New York critic. lol

Seriously 5 out of 6 negatives and they are all NY critics. Get this, in his review, it's negative because it's like "There Will Be Blood." That's great in my book.

I saw the film last night. It was fun and great. Heath was amazing and I want a BATPOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back