1/6 The Dark Knight - 1/6th scale Two Face Collectible Figure (Toy Fairs 2019) Exclusive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the original version and I think it's one of the best headsculpts and a great resemblance to Aaron Eckhart. Except for maybe the tayloring I'm not sure if I'll buy this upgrade. Headsculpt on the new one looks a bit more detailed hence more realistic but less like Aaron in my opinion.
4704e4249658d024b470d772b815bdb6.jpg

I have the original version as well and I'm perfectly content with it, but I must admit this sculpt & the suit tailoring both look to be improvements. While it's nice, I too am baffled by HT's decision to revisit an old figure from an 11 year old movie. If they were going to do a Nolanverse figure I'd have preferred Ra's al Ghul. I must say I'm quite underwhelmed by the Toy Fair Exclusives this year.

Ras would've been a perfect one. New. People ask for it every year. They proved they are allowed to make Liam.

I have the original version and I think it's one of the best headsculpts and a great resemblance to Aaron Eckhart. Except for maybe the tayloring I'm not sure if I'll buy this upgrade. Headsculpt on the new one looks a bit more detailed hence more realistic but less like Aaron in my opinion.
4704e4249658d024b470d772b815bdb6.jpg

I just was looking at this comparison on FB as well. My recollection of him was the blonde hair. Now they've changed that totally.

What's the point ? Also considering all the other points and figures people want.

I hope HT cop a hiding in the comments section of this figure. That reminds me. Need to go post what I want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t get it.

The original didn’t sell well at all. I was able to get two of them on clearance for $75 each and sold them later for $500 each. It was a crappy release. This is a redo of that figure of an okay character.

I mean it’s like, YEAH! Aaron Eckhart as Two-Face, remember him?! So out of left field.

Could have been,

- Ra’s Al Ghul
- Ninja Bruce
- Romero Joker (been waiting to see this released for a long time)
- a new Jack Nicholson Joker variation for the 30th anniversary
- ANY new type of Batman to celebrate the 80th anniversary of Batman as a character
- Returns Catwoman
- Returns Penguin
- that comic deco Adam West Batman
- 60s Batgirl

But no, 2008 Two-Face, again. Nothing refreshing about it at all. Especially when DC collectors are starved of anything good and get like one or two releases a year. Where the hell is Shazam? Hot Toys has really lost it’s way. Every release is so boring now.

Agree with every word of this!

A massive let down. The wait for a Returns Catwoman will go on it seems. The only worthwhile 1/6 Nolan figure at this stage would have been Ra's.

If they wanted to do this figure again should be to add to the 1/4 line.

I’m happy about this
Instant buy

Looks pretty good. But definitely random. Haven’t started in on the Nolan Batman so this would be an odd figure to start with.

This would be a get if I had a Batman and Joker to put him with, but I started collecting a few years too late. Makes me wish there was an Arkham Knight version.

I may pick this up but only have the DX11 as far as Nolan figures go. Never bothered picking up Catwoman or Bane with all the pleather deterioration people are reporting. Suit still looks baggy to me, especially in the jacket shoulders, so I dunno.

More prove that HT as a company makes zero sense. It's like one of those crazy Japanese shows. Let's drop a random TDK Two Face figure a year AFTER the 10th aniversary and on the 30th aniversary of the 89 Batman....wut. :lol

Anyway, I sold the original because it looked dated even back in 2009, IMO. I might get this one...maybe not. The TDK hype isn't really there for me anymore unless it's a Ledger Joker.

I don’t get it.

The original didn’t sell well at all. I was able to get two of them on clearance for $75 each and sold them later for $500 each. It was a crappy release. This is a redo of that figure of an okay character.

I mean it’s like, YEAH! Aaron Eckhart as Two-Face, remember him?! So out of left field.

Could have been,

- Ra’s Al Ghul
- Ninja Bruce
- Romero Joker (been waiting to see this released for a long time)
- a new Jack Nicholson Joker variation for the 30th anniversary
- ANY new type of Batman to celebrate the 80th anniversary of Batman as a character
- Returns Catwoman
- Returns Penguin
- that comic deco Adam West Batman
- 60s Batgirl

But no, 2008 Two-Face, again. Nothing refreshing about it at all. Especially when DC collectors are starved of anything good and get like one or two releases a year. Where the hell is Shazam? Hot Toys has really lost it’s way. Every release is so boring now.

Alright, mind changed. It's not refreshing. Hot Toys is frustrating and weird.

The clinchers were

-It's the Batman '89 30th anniversary yet nothing
-If it has to be a Nolan figure why not Ra's (or an explanation why he hasn't been made yet. No? Course not, Hot Toys don't do communication)
-and by the way where's that Romero Joker, Returns Catwoman and Penguin

I just was looking at this comparison on FB as well. My recollection of him was the blonde hair. Now they've changed that totally.

What's the point ? Also considering all the other points and figures people want.

I hope HT cop a hiding in the comments section of this figure. That reminds me. Need to go post what I want.

Yeah first thing I noticed. Should be blonde not brown hair.
16b98442ea1a42601abc7b169273d432.jpg

I initially thought it must be 1/4 scale.

Yeah, that would have made a lot more sense along with Catwoman and Bane to complete the Nolan line in quarter scale.

They did this only because the 2nd market prices have been historically VERY high at times.

The realized there was still a market and they wanted to capture that cash.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Back