The Crossed

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this definitely makes the walking dead look like Sesame street. That's for sure.

Also, These Crossed creatures are a lot more scary than regular zombies or running zombies. I love that they are able to talk but they only speak to taunt their victims and they are not really smart.
being able to use weapons and tools but not smart enough to avoid getting shot. something about that is really freaky

I hope you are all pleased with yourselves I hadn't even heard of crossed before this thread & because of you all this arrived today...

Want to see if it really is as nasty as you've made out...thanks alot guys! :wink1:

I hope you are all pleased with yourselves I hadn't even heard of crossed before this thread & because of you all this arrived today...

Want to see if it really is as nasty as you've made out...thanks alot guys! :wink1:

I think you'll be surprised by just how nasty the book can be. I've read a few other series that have been violent like Ferals, night of the living dead, stitched, but this one blows them out of the water.

One thing is for certain, we're never going to get a Crossed film, that's for Damn sure.

I think you'll be surprised by just how nasty the book can be. I've read a few other series that have been violent like Ferals, night of the living dead, stitched, but this one blows them out of the water.

One thing is for certain, we're never going to get a Crossed film, that's for Damn sure.

Lol you're right there it will be a cold day in hell before this see's the light of day on telly...I know they push the boundries lately with Spartacus but this just no way.

Anyway I read it in a day & while it was plain shocking in places & made me wonder how they got away with releasing it at all I did feel uncomfortable at points but I felt I had to find out what happened next & couldn't put it down, I really got into the survivors & wanted to see how it went.

I am seriously considering the next volume now just to see where it all goes from here.

Neil

Lol you're right there it will be a cold day in hell before this see's the light of day on telly...I know they push the boundries lately with Spartacus but this just no way.

Anyway I read it in a day & while it was plain shocking in places & made me wonder how they got away with releasing it at all I did feel uncomfortable at points but I felt I had to find out what happened next & couldn't put it down, I really got into the survivors & wanted to see how it went.

I am seriously considering the next volume now just to see where it all goes from here.

Neil

A lot of the trades are just self contained stories that pop up and then that's it. Rinse and repeat. When they later introduce the island in Scotland or England, that's when it gets really good.

I honestly think the only reason this got the go ahead in the first place was because Garth Ennis's name was attached to it. Then after that it kinda just took off in its own.

Thanks for the info on the trades.
Nice to know they are self contained to begin with, makes it easier than a massive Walking Dead thing.

I did notice there are some called Wish you Were Here as well are those worth investigating as well?

Does the Island start with Badlands or is it earlier than that?

You lot have really started something here lol

Neil

Badlands is part of the main series. Volume 7 and 8 are titled badlands. The island has nothing to do with it although I do believe one of the characters has a story in the ongoing.

Wish you were is the ongoing story and has 3 volumes so far. I actually prefer these to the ongoing as you get routine characters and an overall story as opposed to the ongoing which is just mini stories with throwaway characters.

you also get some characters from psychopath make an appearance in badlands, like amanda. the chick with only one hand. even THE psychopath made it in the early chapters of badlands.

we may not get to see a crossed film, but they are shooting webseries called crossed:dead or alive.:lol

you also get some characters from psychopath make an appearance in badlands, like amanda. the chick with only one hand. even THE psychopath made it in the early chapters of badlands.

we may not get to see a crossed film, but they are shooting webseries called crossed:dead or alive.:lol

Lol that Web series will be NASTY!!!!

Thanks for the help so far guys.

Someone on another forum gave me a list of the current TPB's & an idea of what issues they contain & how they run so I'm on it now.

Just ordering 2 & 3 this week so will get them read as well.

Been looking at other similar series now to read afterwards...you've all started something now :slap

Neil

I was in when it was Garth Ennis. Psychopath was a bit weird but brilliant.
There was a 3D edition I got hold off and was still interested in crossed.

Then Badlands came along and it got really lame.
I think the last story arc I read was some dude going to a writers retreat(?) and it was just awful.
I cancelled my subscription after that. Theres only so much cannibalism/rape/torture I can take.

And for the record, the first issues of Crossed did actually give me really bad nightmares.

I think the last story arc I read was some dude going to a writers retreat(?) and it was just awful.
I cancelled my subscription after that. Theres only so much cannibalism/rape/torture I can take.

And for the record, the first issues of Crossed did actually give me really bad nightmares.

badlands > psychopath for me. really like the fatal englishman arc. weird, the setting in europe kinda got the good stories.

Actually I read that the movie rights were being held by Kevin Spacey (of all people :lol)

Kevin Spacey’s production company is in on it

"2008 ten-part comic book mini-series “Crossed” is in development for the big screen. Michael De Luca, Jason Netter and Kevin Spacey’s Trigger Street Productions are going to assist in getting the picture off the ground. Ennis himself penned the script which is now out to directors."

Who knows when this will get made, but at least they are trying. and they want to make it. so we might see it in the coming years.

(As far as gore, they can show a lot, and if they don't show too much sex stuff they will be fine, Gore is not a problem for movies, the problem is the sex. they would have to cut down on the rape stuff for the movie )

Yeah I guess there does come a time when the same old stuff over & over just gets too much.

I can concur with the nightmares...well not nightmares for me as such but in the first arc I just cannot get the 2 page splash of what happens to the family with the salt idea out of my head, it just flashes back in there when I'm least expecting it.
It's just properly got under my skin that bit.

Actually I read that the movie rights were being held by Kevin Spacey (of all people :lol)

Kevin Spacey’s production company is in on it

"2008 ten-part comic book mini-series “Crossed” is in development for the big screen. Michael De Luca, Jason Netter and Kevin Spacey’s Trigger Street Productions are going to assist in getting the picture off the ground. Ennis himself penned the script which is now out to directors."

Who knows when this will get made, but at least they are trying. and they want to make it. so we might see it in the coming years.

(As far as gore, they can show a lot, and if they don't show too much sex stuff they will be fine, Gore is not a problem for movies, the problem is the sex. they would have to cut down on the rape stuff for the movie )

Wow now that surprises me.
Yeah the Sex stuff would have to be cut down or just hinted at off screen.
That said the way things like Spartacus has pushed the envelope for acceptable sex on screen in a TV show means who knows what we'll see in future when it comes to stuff like this.

Neil

I was reading Wish you were here and I had nightmares about that

Spoiler Spoiler:

:lol:lol, these stories get to you

I did notice there are some called Wish you Were Here as well are those worth investigating as well?

Neil

Wish you were here is an online comic that you can read for free. I really loved it, it is not as gory as the other ones you are reading, but the story is pretty good

I was reading Wish you were here and I had nightmares about that

Spoiler Spoiler:

:lol:lol, these stories get to you

Yep they definitely do.

Wish you were here is an online comic that you can read for free. I really loved it, it is not as gory as the other ones you are reading, but the story is pretty good

Didn't realise it was free.
Just read the first issue...the opening scene with the
Spoiler Spoiler:
was a bit OTT for me, that was just a little bit too far if I'm honest

Will save the rest for another day...shouldn't really have read that...I'm at work at the mo ;) lol

Neil

Back