The Creator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Best we can do is a sequel/remake/reboot of an 80s classic.

stressed-stress.gif

Am I doomed to watch my early years repeat and repeat in worse and worse copies like Duplicity?

Unfortunate this ended up the way it did - I was recently in Paris/London and the posters for this were absolutely everywhere, so not like they skimped in terms of promotion.

This was an awesome film. What I didn't like was it was slightly cringe in the one dimensional bad guys and stereotypical army dialogue. However, the rest was amazing.

I also thought the CGI was mind blowing. Not even exaggerating, probably the best visual effects I've ever seen. The way it was both grounded in realism and looked so real with such a small budget was very impressive

Literally almost every review says it’s the best Terminator movie since T2 and it feels and looks like a Cameron 1980’s movie had he been given 80-100 million in the 80’s.

Movie looks like it cost 300 million.

Definitely going to see this in Imax.

Like why wouldn’t I.
It cost $80m. Pretty impressive imo.

Sad to hear this sucks. Didn't pull many in either.

But 'Exorcist Again' kicked ass.
It doesn’t suck. Of course it didn’t pull many in, it’s original sci fi. It never does. Like most sci fi. It has a ton of aspiration but never quite gets there. Maybe Partly because it took seven years to make and there is a lot of middle of the road AI themed shows and movies that have come out during that period that make this look dated. Dare I say it … the Gilroys could have worked wonders with it lol.

Sad to hear this sucks. Didn't pull many in either.

But 'Exorcist Again' kicked ass.
I liked it. But I was not expecting the “best Terminator since the original two”

It was not great. I am the opposite of jye. I liked the first and second act and did not care for the third.

It’s a better acted and scripted Avatar but with Robots and Asians instead of the Navi

I'm just glad that it was us, not AI, that was the real evil in the end.

And that it'll live happily ever after in New Asia.

Like... Edward Snowden's soul embedded in Chat GPT.

Two pages on this in 5 months.... this was never going to do well, was it?

Oh well, Gareth. You did what most geeks dream of. Maybe you can go on the college circuit and tells stories about Hollywood.

The dialogue was horrible.

“I’ll do anything to spend one more minute with her”

Seriously!?! OMG I felt sick when he said that line. The movie looked pretty cool just lacked any substance for me. Cliche lines like that throughout the whole movie. It’s like they’re writing these movies for a child audience.

It’s more of a “B” kinda stupid sci-fi horror flick than some epic film which it had the potential to be. Had they hired some decent writers it might have been worthwhile. As is, not really worth the time and money to go see at the theaters.

I was greatly disappointed.

I'd say it was more Blomkamp-lite than Cameron-lite. It needed that Blomkamp ultra-violence to give it more punch. Still a worthy watch in a massive Atmos auditorium though.
Blomkamp really lost his edge though, a graph plot of D9 to Elysium to Chappie was like a company about to go bust.

Maybe you could say the same about Cameron though, even if the BO taking graph is reversed.

I feel like Blomkamp is a one-trick pony. Gareth is apparently the same.

A lot of directors are like that, actors too. At least with writers, you can add more as needed. Sounds like they needed more here.

I feel like Blomkamp is a one-trick pony. Gareth is apparently the same.

A lot of directors are like that, actors too. At least with writers, you can add more as needed. Sounds like they needed more here.
Yeah but the difference is that this year, Neil Blomkamp had Gran Turismo and Edwards had The Creator. At least one of them still has a semblance of credibility lol.

Saw it this week. Just felt wholly uninspired and a totally run of the mill story. It looked really good but that wasn't enough to make it that good.

Back