The Creator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisstbh

Thrawnald McDonald
Reaction score
Amidst a future war between the human race and the forces of artificial intelligence, Joshua (Washington), a hardened ex-special forces agent grieving the disappearance of his wife (Chan), is recruited to hunt down and kill the Creator, the elusive architect of advanced AI who has developed a mysterious weapon with the power to end the war… and mankind itself. Joshua and his team of elite operatives journey across enemy lines, into the dark heart of AI-occupied territory… only to discover the world-ending weapon he’s been instructed to destroy is an AI in the form of a young child.

Directed by Gareth Edwards (“Rogue One,” “Godzilla”), the film stars John David Washington (“Tenet”), Gemma Chan (“Eternals”), Ken Watanabe (“Inception”), Sturgill Simpson (“Dog”), newcomer Madeleine Yuna Voyles and Academy Award® winner Allison Janney (“I, Tonya”). The film’s screenplay is by Gareth Edwards and Chris Weitz, from a story by Edwards. The producers are Gareth Edwards, p.g.a., Kiri Hart, Jim Spencer, p.g.a. and Arnon Milchan. The executive producers are Yariv Milchan, Michael Schaefer, Natalie Lehmann, Nick Meyer and Zev Foreman.

1684348968146.png

I love that poster.

Had always wanted to see this with SkyNet. Looks interesting. A bit like a Blomkamp movie.
Yeah the poster is stunning, honestly it reminds me of some Ralph McQuarrie art - it is very Star Wars.

Honestly I thought it was a Blomkamp movie too until the Rogue One thing popped up.

Wow an original science fiction film. I’m happily shocked this got made. I hadn’t realised Kiri Hart had left Lucasfilm.

Literally almost every review says it’s the best Terminator movie since T2 and it feels and looks like a Cameron 1980’s movie had he been given 80-100 million in the 80’s.

Movie looks like it cost 300 million.

Definitely going to see this in Imax.

Like why wouldn’t I.

I liked it. It has its problems no doubt, agree it’s highly derivative and has too many kitchen sink ideas. Its like a cross between AI, T2 and District 9. Too many characters as well. I never knew which bad guy to hiss at. But. There are tons of really cool ideas. Many of the designs of the AI and ships are terrific. It feels like a heavily James Cameron inspired film. Like RO, the visuals and scale is impressive. And I really liked the three leads. They are all great. Turning into a big fan of John David Washington. He’s great in everything he’s in.

Back