Statue The Crack of Doom Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got it. Very nice sculpts and the paint apps look nice. I would have liked to see more enviro on it but overall it looks very good. The price is really hard to beat as well.

Trevolver said:
Wow, really impressed with the paint application on this prototype...hats off to the amazing Sideshow team.

It was a real pleasure to get to sculpt this piece, and how cool to see such a NICE outcome.

And thanks for the kudos on the Elijah likeness! he's a tough one, allright!
Trev
OMG Trev! that's an incredible likeness and at such a small scale! amazing.

It looks great, but why isn't there an exclusive version? :confused:

If there is no exclusive then I'll probably get one through a dealer.

Looks good, good price but I'm glad it isn't speaking to me, whew, out of display space and I should be saving for a house! :)

If there had been more environment involved in the sculpt, I prob would have been more intrigued. Best likeness of Frodo, it seems, so far. But also the scale is another minus, too small. I'd rather pay a bit more for a more 'substantial' collectible.

Beren

9713_press08-001.jpg

Truly an exceptional job sculpting such a great likeness at such a small scale.

:clap

tomandshell said:
I've never seen that piece before! Cool.

Any diorama featuring the entire Fellowship will be mine, without a doubt.

Especially in Moria! :rock

soloblaster,

Nice pic. Give us the scoop on that one. I have not seen it before and would have prefered Sideshow to have done something like this even if it was tiny.

Those dioramas look like the sort of lead/metal models that Games Workshop produced (or maybe it was Warhammer as mentioned above?). Looks like someone has done a very good paint job on them and assembled them together to make some excellent dioramas - I suspect they are one-offs and not mass produced. Now if Sideshow could do some of those scenes in 1/6 scale... (especially the Moria scene)

That is really neat. I would get any Dio with all 9 members and would be tempted to get that piece of them in Moria for sure.

It is from one of the gamesday contests. (golden deamon) Gamesworkshop makes a LOTR battle game.

I passed not necessarily because I'm not interested in the line but it didn't blow me away. What I was impressed with is the likenesses and wondered why the same likeness couldn't be struck with the Frodo PF. Either way I felt $80 was a little much for this particular piece but if I can find it less somewhere else I might be tempted to nab it. Although if they had something with the entire fellowship I'd order in a second.

Back