The Chris Howes GHOSTBUSTERS commissions

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that I've seen that there will be quality accessories and costuming with the upcoming Mattel 1:6 Ghostbusters figures I'm back into this... when the third run of Nick's amazing proton packs got cancelled leaving me packless I'd written off being able to do these, but it looks like the Mattel figures will really only need new base bodies, boots and HEADSCULPTS to be incredible.

I any case, I think the demand for Chris's heads is going to increase as the amount of work to bash the boys together just potentially decreased a great deal....

That's exactly what I'm thinking too! :rock

yeah i agree, providing the jumpsuits etc are good enough when they come out, theres not guna be as much to change as u wud if uwas building frm scratch. altho istill like the ideaof custom built figs.

for these metal id def look at some new leather boots, and def a diff ray head going on what that preview shows.

... and def a diff ray head going on what that preview shows.

I really do not care about that head. I would have changed it anyway. I mean Chris is making GB heads what do you want more? Forget about any GB head Mattel will produce. I really like the 4HM but as it comes to sculpting original actors likeness they cannot be compared to an experienced freak as Howes... This said do I get a head for free now? :angelsmil:lol

Seriously what do we want more? We will have cool heads, cool outfits, great nick-a-packs/original protonpacks, a great trap by nick and one by Mattel that doesnt look that great but opens... We have really almost everything we need. The only pieces missing are GBII outfits and weapons... :naughty

yeah i agree, providing the jumpsuits etc are good enough when they come out, theres not guna be as much to change as u wud if uwas building frm scratch. altho istill like the ideaof custom built figs.
Yeah, if I'd managed to grab a set of Nick's packs I wouldn't be interested in these, but I didn't, so this seems to be the route to go. I'm suure I'll be replacing the bodies as well as the heads and boots, as well as weathering the jumpsuits (if they don't require replacing outright, the jumpsuit quality sems to be the big "if" thus far).

Yeah, if I'd managed to grab a set of Nick's packs I wouldn't be interested in these, but I didn't, so this seems to be the route to go. I'm suure I'll be replacing the bodies as well as the heads and boots, as well as weathering the jumpsuits (if they don't require replacing outright, the jumpsuit quality sems to be the big "if" thus far).

well howcome u missed nicks packs?? he can do them whenever from what he told me. i ordered 1 from him by sneding him a personal mail so i guess u would be able to get them from him still. im waiting for my trap and pack set from nick to come so cant wait for that.

and yeah we got a good choice to change t hings now if we need or want to with these 12" figures.

Now that I've seen that there will be quality accessories and costuming with the upcoming Mattel 1:6 Ghostbusters figures I'm back into this... when the third run of Nick's amazing proton packs got cancelled leaving me packless I'd written off being able to do these, but it looks like the Mattel figures will really only need new base bodies, boots and HEADSCULPTS to be incredible.

I any case, I think the demand for Chris's heads is going to increase as the amount of work to bash the boys together just potentially decreased a great deal....

Wow! Well, that first pic does not look bad at all. The headsculpt does nothing for me, but the gear looks pretty good! I might get some of these just for parts in rounding out my figures.

Hey Shatner, can you put me down for a regular Venkman? Also, what photos will Chris be working from? Thanks!

so any1 know when ray will be done? or chris if ur reading this when ya guna have ray done to show?

i knw last time i got a mssg bck frm chris, early last week i think he said ray was about 70 or 75 % done .

cant wait to see him

so any1 know when ray will be done? or chris if ur reading this when ya guna have ray done to show?

i knw last time i got a mssg bck frm chris, early last week i think he said ray was about 70 or 75 % done .

cant wait to see him

Why so hectical... I have no problem with waiting another 6 weeks as long as I get a head as cool as House is which is from my point of view even better than the Howes' Joker... :)

What I am more interested in is how likely it is to get all heads until fall... MAny people are planning to switch the heads of the Mattel bodies so August might be a good date to get them even painted before Mattel starts the GB line... :joy

But on the other hand we have waited for this about 20 years... so a month more or less :lol

Why so hectical... I have no problem with waiting another 6 weeks as long as I get a head as cool as House is which is from my point of view even better than the Howes' Joker... :)

What I am more interested in is how likely it is to get all heads until fall... MAny people are planning to switch the heads of the Mattel bodies so August might be a good date to get them even painted before Mattel starts the GB line... :joy

But on the other hand we have waited for this about 20 years... so a month more or less :lol

ahah im jst so damn eager to e him ahah nbut yeah i hope we get a full set of custom heads done b4 the mattel line come out 2!!

:banana

:sick Because sometimes info doesn't get cross posted through all the various Chris threads, Chris was sick as hell the last two weeks stopping all of the work he was doing. Now that he's getting better he still is recouperating, so he apologizes.
If he had the virus I recently got from my wife (hers is running a week and a half strong and shows no sighn of stopping), I soooo sympathize with his even more cause she just gave it to me, hence my absence too. Lets just say my new forum name should be "Reagan", and I don't mean after the President! :monkey4 :toilet_cl:Flush:dump

"Kiiiiiiilll Meeeeeeeeeeee. I want to Dieeeeeeeeeeeee. Put a bullet in my heeeee-eeeee-eeeee-eeee-aaaaadddddddd! Sorry, I was listening to the Cure alot when i wrote that!"

-Rick

ps- I'll add everyone who want to be added tonight. :)

:sick Because sometimes info doesn't get cross posted through all the various Chris threads, Chris was sick as hell the last two weeks stopping all of the work he was doing. Now that he's getting better he still is recouperating, so he apologizes.
If he had the virus I recently got from my wife (hers is running a week and a half strong and shows no sighn of stopping), I soooo sympathize with his even more cause she just gave it to me, hence my absence too. Lets just say my new forum name should be "Reagan", and I don't mean after the President! :monkey4 :toilet_cl:Flush:dump

"Kiiiiiiilll Meeeeeeeeeeee. I want to Dieeeeeeeeeeeee. Put a bullet in my heeeee-eeeee-eeeee-eeee-aaaaadddddddd! Sorry, I was listening to the Cure alot when i wrote that!"

-Rick

ps- I'll add everyone who want to be added tonight. :)
stuff coming out of both ends, eh? i hear ya.

i think we can all be patient here but Dr. Stantz really wants his head:
IMG_0479.jpg

Looks cool craw!! is that nicks trap aswel as his pack?? im awaiting mine to arrive and i cant wait!!

ru guna be buying the mattel 12" figures aswel then when there out now you done all this custom work/??

personaly i want a set of both.

stuff coming out of both ends, eh? i hear ya.

i think we can all be patient here but Dr. Stantz really wants his head:
IMG_0479.jpg

thanks guys. and yes that is all nick-a-tron's stuff. and i still may pick up the new GB stuff. i've been waiting a long time for any movie related GB stuff. i dont care if it isn't HT quality. it's still GB related and looks pretty cool.

yeah your custom kicks ass claw. def among the best gb customs ive seen.

ill be buying the mattel gb stuff aswel, like usay it aint hot toys etc but ill still be getting em, and if i can, iwna get 2 of each of the 12" and use 1 to change round, as guess alot of ppl customizing iwll jst use the pack and trap and change the bodys/heads/uniforms

yeah your custom kicks ass claw. def among the best gb customs ive seen.

ill be buying the mattel gb stuff aswel, like usay it aint hot toys etc but ill still be getting em, and if i can, iwna get 2 of each of the 12" and use 1 to change round, as guess alot of ppl customizing iwll jst use the pack and trap and change the bodys/heads/uniforms

In that case I would buy the Nick-a-packs, which is 1st cheaper and 2nd another cool looking pack which will give you set up less repetition... I will do so...

In that case I would buy the Nick-a-packs, which is 1st cheaper and 2nd another cool looking pack which will give you set up less repetition... I will do so...

yeah nicks packs are awsome. i knw afew ppl have said they are slightly bigger, sligthyl, but they look awsome and are pretty spot on for detail. plus my order frm him should coming soon, and after he mssged me and told me what hes been odin wit hthe pack and trap im super excited!! hes slightly changed the making process of it and what he told me hes done iwll kick ass!! and is def worth the cash!!

ill get pics up when i recieve it if any1 wants to see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back