The Chris Chulamanis Memorial Custom USCM Figure Project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i also stated that happy to fund the base/plaque of the fig so let me know if this is still required....great job though guys :rock

Chris's helmet will need a cover- which has been donated by another of Chris's friends- Steve (menatarms @ SciFiMilitary) I'll forward it.

Patches- I'll send the helmet patch as well as all the uniform patches.

Base- I have the base frame done, need to find the aquarium filter for it, and begin building it up from there.

Aside from the bypass pouch which will need to be custom made, quite a bit of the "hard" gear is in the EVA kit. We could swap out the resin pouches for cloth ones, if anyone had any to donate. :D

Vietnam Jungle boots- fabric, lace ups, whose going to step up and donate a pair?

Glad things are starting to move forward again. I've updated the checklist but there are still a few things we need to sort out. I just received the packet of spare gear from tigerfeet, including another set of eight M40 grenades, making a total of 16 that I have now. Still need another 4 grenades, but since it's so few, I'll just fabricate the rest from some round plastic stock on hand.

One other thing, if Josh will be detailing the helmet cover, then I don't think I need to paint any camo on the helmet, 'cause it isn't going to show. I'll still go ahead and paint everything that will show and leave the rest to him then. :cool:

I like the idea of using cloth pouches, but if we aren't able to locate any then I can go ahead and use the resin ammo pouches that came with the EVA kit. Looks like we still need some boots, pouches and a few other odds and ends, but we've already got a lot of the big stuff out of the way already. :rock

And lastly, when I was discussing helmet covers with Chris last year he suggested wetting the cloth and then gluing it down tight against the helmet with Elmer's glue. He said that method made for a nice snug fit that stayed put. You can also model wrinkles into it as you see fit. Anyway, I think it would be a nice gesture if we used his own method for attaching the cover on his helmet. What do you guys think of that idea?

sounds like a plan..........glad everything arrived ok :banana

I feel like we have made some great progress over the last couple of weeks.

I just noticed that tigerfeet included a piece of helmet cover-sized camo cloth in the packet he sent me (thanks Martin!), so I think I'll just go ahead and do the cover myself. I probably have a wee bit more time on my hands than Josh does, so unless he really wants to do it himself, I'll take care of it and save him some time.

Its good to see this project is still on course. Ive been out of the loop for a while so I apologize for not being able I to contribute to this project, still if there is anything I can do to help let me know.

Hey, buddy, great to have you back! Where you been keeping yourself? I was beginning to wonder if we were ever going to hear from you again! Seriously, though, your timing couldn't have been better. :D

Things are still moving forward and appear to be picking up momentum. There are still some things to do and items needed to complete the figure, so if there's anything you could provide, please let us know and I'll add your name to the list of contributors (see the updated checklist posted a page or two back). :cool:

It seems a lot of us have been busy with other things lately, but I'm sure this will all come together in the not too distant future. Look forward to hearing from you again soon! :duff

Hey Mudshark, its been a while buddy!

I sold off most of my USCM stuff a couple of months back so unfortunately I dont have much to offer that isnt already covered. Its good to see its all coming together though, I cant wait to see the finished piece. Im sure Chris would be very humbled by all your efforts.

Instead of just giving the figure to "whomever is best to receive it"(Good luck figuring that out) wouldn't it be better to auction it and send the money to his family or a charity in his name?

Instead of just giving the figure to "whomever is best to receive it"(Good luck figuring that out) wouldn't it be better to auction it and send the money to his family or a charity in his name?

The idea behind this gesture was to give a "tribute" to Chris to his wife from us. It was never the intention to have to decide who it went to as it was always stated/understood who would receive it.

Vietnam Jungle boots- fabric, lace ups, whose going to step up and donate a pair?

If you guys still need a pair of Jungle boots, I'm in for supplying them. I have a question, though as there is not a 100% accurate 1/6 version. The Newline ones have the correct vibram sole, but do not have the drain grommets or the webbing on the side. ACE and Toy Soldier have good cloth jungle boots, but they have the Panama Style sole. Let me know which would be preferable and I'll get 'em.

The idea behind this gesture was to give a "tribute" to Chris to his wife from us. It was never the intention to have to decide who it went to as it was always stated/understood who would receive it.

My bad. First post said this though.

"Together, we SSF members involved, are going to endeavor to work up a thorough and fitting tribute figure of Chris Chulamanis, worthy of his wonderful contributions to our field of Figure Customs, especially to the Colonial Marines figure making world, to be given to whomever is best to receive it, at a time when the figure is completed."

I haven't read every page since. Seems like a cool idea though.

If you guys still need a pair of Jungle boots, I'm in for supplying them. I have a question, though as there is not a 100% accurate 1/6 version. The Newline ones have the correct vibram sole, but do not have the drain grommets or the webbing on the side. ACE and Toy Soldier have good cloth jungle boots, but they have the Panama Style sole. Let me know which would be preferable and I'll get 'em.

Anything you'd like to contribute would be greatly appreciated, DBoz! Remember that his leg armour will be covering most of the uppers, so if you can find something that matches the parts that show closely enough, that'd be great. I pulled this pic of Chris for your reference. This is probably the best pic I've been able to find where his boots are clearly visible. Hope this helps. :D

chrischulamanis.jpg

From that picture, it looks like Chris' boots have the Panama style sole. I have a pair of Toy Soldier boots here that should fit the bill. Who should I send them to?

I just noticed that tigerfeet included a piece of helmet cover-sized camo cloth in the packet he sent me (thanks Martin!), so I think I'll just go ahead and do the cover myself. I probably have a wee bit more time on my hands than Josh does, so unless he really wants to do it himself, I'll take care of it and save him some time.

Okay, we got that covered! :D

Bro, sorry it's taken me sooooo long to send out that tin of Brown Bess. Seems like I forget when I get home, I remember when I go to bed and then say to myself: "Gotta remember in the morning to get that tin out..."

That ain't working.:banghead

I'll write myself a note...:D

Okay, we got that covered! :D

Bro, sorry it's taken me sooooo long to send out that tin of Brown Bess. Seems like I forget when I get home, I remember when I go to bed and then say to myself: "Gotta remember in the morning to get that tin out..."

That ain't working.:banghead

I'll write myself a note...:D

No worries, there's still plenty of time! I haven't even finished prepping the armor yet, but I hope to get back to it soon. Thanks for the heads up! :cool:

Back