The Chris Chulamanis Memorial Custom USCM Figure Project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Guys,

I have a short message from a friend of Chris's wife about the base for this project:-
They were talking about doing the USCM symbol for a base - I carefully asked if I could have one or two of Chris' pins with the symbol - I can send them to whoever if they want to include them as part of the figure base - and they were actually Chris' pins.
If this is something you guys would be interested in PM me and I'll sort it out to get the pins sent to whomever need's them.

Best
Angie :peace

Just answered your PM. Not sure how to make it myself, but one of the members here does do custom bases. Looking into it and hope someone else can remember who it is...

Just answered your PM. Not sure how to make it myself, but one of the members here does do custom bases. Looking into it and hope someone else can remember who it is...

wasnt that evilface?????????

My apologies for my absence. With 5 armored outfits to get ready for DragonCon, it utterly consumed my free time. DragonCon was incredible, but 4 days and nights of costumed partying just left me wiped out! :google Took almost 10 days to recover! :naughty:lol

I'll continue working on the base, got some excellent parts for it, ideas are swinging back and forth, with a partial celing, tubes of various sizes hanging down etc. I was hung up on trying to light it, but right now, I'm going to be putting that part on the back burner, as it was slowing me up.

I've got some of the Delta pins to put on the base already. :D

I talked to Joy (Chris's wife) at Dcon, she's been overwhelmed by the love and support of the USCM. I think she will be just as overwhelmed by what the Sideshow Bros come up with. I told her that we are working on a very special project for her, and she will be completely surprised.

She can't wait! :angelsmil

At the USCM Dinner at DragonCon, she had Chris's gear auctioned off. (got outbid on every single thing too!!! :horror)

But when it came time to auction off Chris's helmet and armor, a Marine spoke up: "How about if we all donate $10- and Joy keeps the armor?"

Wallets flew open amidst a deafening cheer. Joy was in tears.

With about 50+ Marines there, we took care of Joy.

It was awesome guys, just awesome.

The Brotherhood of Colonial Marines-

Welcome back, bro, and thanks for sharing the great memories of this year's D-Con with us! It really makes me wish I could have been there too, even just as an observer. Now that I have my very own USCM uniform, who knows... maybe I'll get that chance one of these days! :D

I was kinda sorry we didn't get it together in time for the con this summer, but at least now Joy knows that we're working on something special, and that's good news. We all have things going on in our lives that have to be attended to, but the project is still very much on track. It's probably for the best that we all take as much time as we need and really do this right, for Chris and Joy's sake.

Rex, did you happen to get any pics of Chris's armour and gear before it was auctioned off? Any additional references of his camo patterns and other little details of his gear would be extremely helpful and greatly appreciated. Maybe somebody else got pics they'd be willing to share. Please LMK if anything like that turns up on the AL board. Since you know so many of Chris's friends, you'd have much better luck than I would. Anything you turn up would be most welcome, bro! :cool:

I'll see if anyone has pics of just Chris's armor, trying to think... His stuff wasn't actually there, just pics. I'll see if I can get the pic of his armor that Joy had. Chris's armor was basically Hick's, but with "Joy" in the heart.

Here's what I did with my armor- from the parade-

DconmyChrismemorialarmor.jpg

52 Marines marched in the parade- all in honor of Chris. 15 Brits, 2 Frenchmen, our Canadian brothers, all came together to salute Chris's memory.

The Honor Guard-
Dconallflagsgoodpic.jpg

hey guys its been awhile since anything was posted on this thread......are we still missing anything ? I have got some marines gear that I will not be using so let me know as happy to throw some more into the project if appropriate....:eek:

I'm sure things are proceeding, just not as fast as we all thought. :rolleyes:

I just bought from Kelly's Heroes a base w/ 3 egg pods. I'm trying to see how to pose the figure around it, and include the walls, etc.

The difficult part is not having the eggs dominate the scene. Not much room to place Chris around it. It may or may not make it to the final base. Been scavenging some good parts for the wall section, trying to work with some EL wire, see if I can get some cool lighting effects.

Wow, did this project ever stall. No updates since November? It really seems to have taken a back seat to so many other things. I know there was a ton of 1:1 interference for many of us in '08, but does anyone know where this stands as of now?

I'm still VERY interested in getting one of these figures, or at least the head sculpt. I had the great pleasure of "meeting" Chris Chulamanis online before he passed away. I have his USCM helmet, and M41-A pulse rifle in 1:6 scale, and a nice set of 1:6 scale fabric USCM patches. I hope this project is still moving forward now.

Please keep us updated.

As Chris used to say...."VBR" :D

Very Best Regards,

Mike Buckley

Wow, did this project ever stall. No updates since November? It really seems to have taken a back seat to so many other things. I know there was a ton of 1:1 interference for many of us in '08, but does anyone know where this stands as of now?

I can't speak for anyone else, but my primary computer unexpectedly quit on me over a month ago and that has severely limited my access to all online activities.

I only know that Les has been in the same boat for quite some time, and that he expects to be back fairly soon. Hopefully he'll chime in here with an update on the Chris portrait he's working on.

I have no idea what any of the other contributors have been doing lately, as far as this project is concerned, though I expect they've also been sidetracked for one reason or another.

I really hope everyone is still on board and will check in here before long, so we can get this project back on track. I'm still 100% committed to doing my part, and I hope to have my own computer up and running again before the end of February, with any luck.

I'm still very much involved in this project. Real Life has been a bummer, fighting to keep my house, IRS & property taxes had me step away from
1/6th for awhile.

I've been adding all sorts of stuff to Chris's display and even have his personal Delta pins to attach to the plaque.

Ok, it's been over a month since anything was posted and almost a year stuck on page 5!!
Does anyone have anything to add?
I know the 1:1 dealt a vicious hand to quite a few of us over the last year or so, but this started out as such a wildly great idea when Les & I first imagined it. I'm already waiting to complete so many of my own customs, I don't mind waiting a bit longer if it helps get this cause accomplished.
Anyone?

I've got more of the base to do, and have Chris's own Delta pins to put on it.
Life has gotten in the way of getting this project finished, but we really, really should have it finished in time to present to Joy at DragonCon 09. (Assuming she's going. Last year she said she would.)

-Rex

I never knew Chris as I just signed up here. I did a google search and so much info comes up about him. You can tell he was a really great guy. Wish I knew him.

Back