The Children of Húrin out today!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone notce that the deluxe 'Children of Hurin' is back to pre-order status on Amazon.com? The text states that it has not been released yet. May have to wait a little longer ...

Ultimate Weapon said:
Anyone notce that the deluxe 'Children of Hurin' is back to pre-order status on Amazon.com? The text states that it has not been released yet. May have to wait a little longer ...

Yeah, my order has been delayed till like the middle of May.

Yeah, I got the email from Amazon saying May 25th. I honestly doubt they'll come through. In fact I've never had anything I pre-ordered from them go through.

Apparently, the first printing of the regular editions have sold out and second printings have started at Houghton Mifflin. Might be a good idea to take care of that "reading copy" after all!

Does anyone know what the actual delay of the deluxe edition is all about? So only the first printing of the regular edition has sold out? When we do finally receive the deluxe editions it won't be from a second printing run?

Not that it matters much, but hey, it's nice to have a first printing especially if pre-ordered way in advance.

Ordered a second deluxe copy a few days ago from amazon.ca and it just arrived. They are more expensive than the pre-orders on amazon.com, but they are at least available and are 1st printings. Not sure why they are not readily available to U.S. residents yet? Mine are similar to the amazon.com version, with the only difference being the smaller size of the embossed image on the side of the slipcase.
And no WetaWork, as tempting as it is, these won't be bookplated :lol

woodsy said:
Ordered a second deluxe copy a few days ago from amazon.ca and it just arrived. They are more expensive than the pre-orders on amazon.com, but they are at least available and are 1st printings. Not sure why they are not readily available to U.S. residents yet? Mine are similar to the amazon.com version, with the only difference being the smaller size of the embossed image on the side of the slipcase.
And no WetaWork, as tempting as it is, these won't be bookplated :lol

that sounds like the HC version, so the HM one's print on the slipcase is a small one? but is it on the same side as the pics on amazon.com or on the other side?

I ordered the Deluxe from Amazon.uk and it arrived late last week. Very nice, but the slipcover is very very plain. I like the HM look of that slipcover more. I also went and got the HM regular version on release day, haven't had time to read it yet, but will soon! Oh, and I did get in on that 80 pence deal back in November for the Deluxe. :)

noelleon69 said:
that sounds like the HC version, so the HM one's print on the slipcase is a small one? but is it on the same side as the pics on amazon.com or on the other side?

Ok, i went to amazon.ca to have a look myself. Didn't expect the books to be from Harper Collins. I thought being so near the US, the books will be from Houghton Mifflin instead as they are the US publisher. So we still don't know if the actual HM deluxe looks exactly like the product photos or not.

80 pence is an unbelievable deal. How did you guys know about the error on the site?

Woohoo, got this message today from amazon.com regarding my deluxe edition:

Greetings from Amazon.com.

We thought you'd like to know that we shipped your items, and that this
completes your order.

:chew

noelleon69 said:
good news. could you post pics of it when it arrives? thanks!

Noel, you could have send the real thing if you want to, unless you want to see the US version. :eek:

Yes that's exactly what I wanted. Just to see it though, what the differences are. I will still be getting the UK version.

Back