The Cabin in the Woods

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow... cannot believe all the hate!! :horror!
Honestly, I loved it... it was refreshing, inventive and very clever... the concept alone is so outrageous it's absolutely genius!
I could tell that sacrifice was involved since the opening credits, but how they manage to make it work into a clichéd story, that's what I really enjoyed!!
Besides the last mayhem scenes are pure gold!
:yess:

Obviously not the best or ultimate horror movie ever, but a great movie nonetheless!

Refreshing? Sure. From recent horror on the screen.

Inventive and Very Clever. No.

Refreshing? Sure. From recent horror on the screen.

Inventive and Very Clever. No.

It sure was... sorry, but the whole concept of a secret organization keeping control of all the monsters in the world and managing them in order to keep the gods @ bay seems pretty inventive to me...

And yes, very clever, how in a wicked way they actually made some sense out of it, pretty clever my friend!

I understand people not liking it... but just like in South Park, "you just don't get it"... :wave

It sure was... sorry, but the whole concept of a secret organization keeping control of all the monsters in the world and managing them in order to keep the gods @ bay seems pretty inventive to me...

And yes, very clever, how in a wicked way they actually made some sense out of it, pretty clever my friend!

I understand people not liking it... but just like in South Park, "you just don't get it"... :wave

Exactly. Cause we've seen this done before, right? Anyone? No? Oh that's right, cause we haven't. Silly me. :wink1:

yeah this movie was awesome. It's almost surprising to me that someone wouldn't have a great time watching it. It was hilarious.

Hell...I thought the writing/characterization was so good that if it was just a straight up cabin in the woods type movie with those characters I would have enjoyed it. I can't remember the last horror movie I saw where I actually LIKED any of the would-be-victim characters.

yeah this movie was awesome. It's almost surprising to me that someone wouldn't have a great time watching it. It was hilarious.

Hell...I thought the writing/characterization was so good that if it was just a straight up cabin in the woods type movie with those characters I would have enjoyed it. I can't remember the last horror movie I saw where I actually LIKED any of the would-be-victim characters.

That's why I don't like it. I'm not into "funny" horror. I will admit I laughed at parts. But that's not what I want nor expect out of a good horror film.

I have been told I just am a Whedon hater. Not true. Loved the Avengers and Serenity. Buffy makes me want to throw up. I don't hate Whedon and it's easy for me to see why some people both liked and didn't like the film.

You don't like horror-comedy, it's very understandable why you didn't care for it. :D

Personally, I hate plain modern horror. It lacks fun. It lacks anything entertaining. Even the gore is boring to watch now.

. Aside from a very select few, serious modern horror sucks ass. But those worked because they tried. No one tries any more.

Aside from a very select few, serious modern horror sucks ass. But those worked because they tried. No one tries any more.

I pretty much agree with this. I have an idea for a film but I'm not near talented enough to film it. I think it would be god damn terrifying. Maybe one day.

^ Dude, send me your story! I've been lookin to make a horror flick. Maybe you have the golden ticket!

And you'd obviously be credited. I wouldn't cheat someone out of a story. :D

Well, if you got a basic story...or plot-

"There is a big evil wolf running around a pre-school"

I could take it from there, maybe. :D

OH SNAP!

Main character is going to be a 5 year old badass, who ____s ____ up with his Tonka trucks. :lol

I just saw this today with mom (who was the one who suggested it :rotfl )

I loved the premise and the monsters were really cool. I wasn't a fan of the ending but the rest was great.

The weird thing was it was only my mom and me in the theater. I joked we should have brought our dog and he could chase the screen and bark to make it just like home:rotfl:rotfl

Back