The Book Of Boba Fett (December 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, as I mentioned earlier, I decided to watch Episodes 1-4 and 7 today with no pause and no Mandalorian intermission. I'm going to honestly say that I enjoyed the series a LOT more the second time around. Maybe my expectations were lower, maybe I've been suckered by the cool HT 1/4 Fett, or maybe watching it week to week just didn't provide any continuity to the story. With episodes 1 and 3 being weaker than 2 and 4, watching back to back really helped tie things together a bit more. I watched the finale for exactly what it was: a ridiculous battle royale with silly RR stunts, Rockette knee dart shots and questionable strategic decisions, but at the end of the day I can say that I'm OK with the BoBF. I think some of the questionable things that bugged me the first time, bothered me less the second time:

1. Boba crashing Slave 1 in the Hanger was better this time as the hanger door is closed, it's dark and he can't see, plus it's a tight squeeze. I see they were trying to build drama in the escape and maybe missed the mark.
  2. Slave 1 in the Sarlacc. Chalk up him forgetting where his armor went to the time passed out in the desert. He thinks it's dead, so he's just trying to see inside it when it grabs on. The sonic charge was cool. Not as terrible as the first time.
  3. The rabbit droid in the kitchen. Yeah, this was still stupid. This is trying to add that Jar Jar type humor but you just can't do it with Fett.
  4. Like a bantha. We got a great meme out of it and in reality, he's bonding with his adopted Tusken tribe and trying to educate them on how to ride a speeder. It's goofy but I didn't hate it this time around.
  5. Helmet off. I guess knowing that the helmet was coming off lessened the annoyance for me. I actually found that it wasn't off as often as I recall and it wasn't as wildly inappropriate as I remember it.
Now, bring on 1/6 Boba, Cad Bane and Black Kristin.

I don’t know who told you that those rose colored glasses look good on you but she was lying. :lol

1644725052545.gif

Yes it's true we've got our High Republic costumes picked out and everything. He's donning black face to arrive as the overweight African American lesbian Jedi and I'm going as that one rock that copilots the ship, lol.

Who is going to show up as those two shaved-head Trent Reznor-looking non-binary Jedi twins with black greasepaint around their eyes, though? asking the real questions here.....

Why did Bane think Cobb was dead? Surely he knew he shot him in the shoulder... I understand Cobb has plot armour here but in reality Bane just shoots him right between the eyes.

So who here is hoping for Hasbro to do a Vintage Collection Rancor and Boba figure, apart from me of course.

Oh and the Naboo Star fighter, Black Krstanzen, Cad Bane, but not the Mod Squad.

Yeah, but I'm never not gonna appreciate really good tech that brings something impossible to life, and the detail work to do that well.
I appreciate the work that went in for the technical achievement, but it's just not enough on its own. Which is part of the reason writing is so sloppy these days.

It would have been hilarious if this was the opening moment of BOBF, lol.

View attachment 562169
Cue up catchy theme song that you can't get out of your head for days.
🎼

“….Believe it or not I'm walkin' on air, I never thought I could feel so free. Flyin' away on a wing and a prayer. Who could it be? Believe it or not it's just me”, etc., etc…

You're welcome. :chase

Back