The Book Of Boba Fett (December 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You aren't kidding - with that belly, looks like he found a new definition of suffering, as he slowly digested over a thousand calories a minute.

The Weight Watchers before and after does look pretty damning....

srK8Fyl.jpg

Boba Fett? More like Boba the Hutt

No wonder he chose Jabba's palace as his new crib

Last edited:
Jeez people....I tought it wasn't bad.
Some nerds are ridiculous....Oh he is a different shape coming out of the pit than he was going in....ffs

There's all kinds of hyperbolic salt right now because it's fun. But I think @jedibear 's thoughtful take more or less nails it. The first episode gets by on goodwill and curiosity. It's not the worst thing we've ever seen but it's simply not well done.

You can slide this stuff by little kids and even bored 15-year olds, but any adult fan (and Star Wars has always been a family thing) who pays attention and isn't blinded by THE BRAND will feel the lack of care in this show.

Disney's been mailing these properties in more than usual as of late. And I don't say this as a 'butthurt' Boba Fett fan -- I've actually never been a big fan of the character and have no real idea what his EU stuff was like. I just think the show's tone deaf and the art direction's lazy too, amongst other issues.

The hype train would have you believe the people they hire are TRUE FANS and try to make everyone feel like they're in on something special but it's a bunch of spreadsheets and paycheques you're seeing on screen, not a love of stories or art.

And can you blame the people working? I certainly don't. It's tough out there. Would anyone here with the opportunity to work on that show, stare down those producers and accountants or would you put your damn name on the show and get paid?

And so: Disney Star Wars is but a dung hill, and I am but a cock that climbs upon it to crow.

There's all kinds of hyperbolic salt right now because it's fun. But I think @jedibear 's thoughtful take more or less nails it. The first episode gets by on goodwill and curiosity. It's not the worst thing we've ever seen but it's simply not well done.

You can slide this stuff by little kids and even bored 15-year olds, but any adult fan (and Star Wars has always been a family thing) who pays attention and isn't blinded by THE BRAND will feel the lack of care in this show.

Disney's been mailing these properties in more than usual as of late. And I don't say this as a 'butthurt' Boba Fett fan -- I've actually never been a big fan of the character and have no real idea what his EU stuff was like. I just think the show's tone deaf and the art direction's lazy too, amongst other issues.

The hype train would have you believe the people they hire are TRUE FANS and try to make everyone feel like they're in on something special but it's a bunch of spreadsheets and paycheques you're seeing on screen, not a love of stories or art.

And can you blame the people working? I certainly don't. It's tough out there. Would anyone here with the opportunity to work on that show, stare down those producers and accountants or would you put your damn name on the show and get paid?

And so: Disney Star Wars is but a dung hill, and I am but a cock that climbs upon it to crow.
Actually as a fan of the ST and one who thinks Mando 1-2 are masterpieces the decrease in quality with Boba is pretty jarring for me.

That drop in quality is night and day Mando was engaging thrilling emotional and most of all cinematic while this is amateurish flat and disrespectful.

I never ONCE spoke ill of ST Luke I held my ground thru it all because it was a study of internal human conflict and for me a deconstruction of the samurai code if you will of honor tradition and the external accountability vs internal responsibility of dealing with established dogmatic principles.

Many are willing to kill with perpetual conflict but none are willing to die finding resolution. Luke was willing to cut his “top knot” to deal with this conflict.

Boba is being made to look EVEN WORSE than his ROTJ self WORSE can you imagine such a thing I couldn’t until now lol

ROTJ Fett at least marched into battle!

That is not deconstruction that is DEMOLITION!

Actually as a fan of the ST
Well known. :LOL: I see where you and Khev are coming from but will never agree with the presupposition, so we agree to disagree. But ... further to this:

[...]
Boba is being made to look EVEN WORSE than his ROTJ self WORSE can you imagine such a thing I couldn’t until now lol

In a weird way they're actually maintaining continuity ...
  • Slapstick Sarlacc tumble
  • Koska beat-down
  • BoBF ... :unsure:
Well now you finally know how I feel about the ST. :ROFLMAO:

But seriously, let's not make this thread about the ST. Old news.

The lack of care is evident in more than just the writing. The whole thing feels weird. I'm SO curious as to what the subsequent episodes will be like after this ... err .. experience.

Actually as a fan of the ST and one who thinks Mando 1-2 are masterpieces the decrease in quality with Boba is pretty jarring for me.

That drop in quality is night and day Mando was engaging thrilling emotional and most of all cinematic while this is amateurish flat and disrespectful.

I never ONCE spoke ill of ST Luke I held my ground thru it all because it was a study of internal human conflict and for me a deconstruction of the samurai code if you will of honor tradition and the external accountability vs internal responsibility of dealing with established dogmatic principles.

Many are willing to kill with perpetual conflict but none are willing to die finding resolution. Luke was willing to cut his “top knot” to deal with this conflict.

Epic post jye, so perfectly said! :exactly:

Not really a fan of the main theme for this show either, especially the vocals section.

They should have taken more inspiration from the Republic Commando theme

The one thing I did like about episode 1 was how Fennec was already disobeying orders. When the Cirque Du Soleil performers (er, I mean assassins) were escaping, Boba told her "I want them alive", but when she has them at her mercy she decided one was enough and kicked the other one off the roof. :lol

"Sorry boss, one of them got away"....

Back