The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 7-Disc Limited Collector's Edition Blu-ray Trilogy includes all three films in high definition, Transformers: Dark of the Moon in high definition 3D, more than 10 hours of bonus material, as well as a plaque of movie images signed by director Michael Bay.

I would throw that in the trash.

1000283712_f.jpg

https://www.wbshop.com/on/demandwar...w?q=1000283712&adid=1211HaroldEml&src=EHARKMR

As part of its 100th Anniversary this year, Universal Studios Home Entertainment will offer special re-issues of selected catalog titles, and the Harvey Blu-ray will arrive in the March wave. Director Henry Koster's screen adaptation of the Mary Chase stageplay stars James Stewart (It's a Wonderful Life) as Elwood P. Dowd, a charming, well-liked member of his smalltown community...who also claims to pal around with a six-foot-tall rabbit.

Fearing social ostracization, Elwood's sister (Josephine Hull, Arsenic and Old Lace) tries to have her brother committed to a mental institution in order to "fix" his delusion, thus setting off a gently comic chain of events wherein Elwood and "Harvey" help teach those around them a valuable lesson about tolerance and the power of imagination.

Universal's Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Copy combo pack presents the film in its 1.37:1 original aspect ratio with a 2.0 DTS-HD Master Audio track. The disc also contains the following supplements:

Special Introduction by star Jimmy Stewart with photographic montage
Production notes
Two 100 Years of Universal featurettes:
- The Carl Laemmle Era
- The Lew Wasserman Era
Theatrical Trailer

Harvey is expected to street on March 6th.

As part of its 100th Anniversary this year, Universal Studios Home Entertainment will offer special re-issues of selected catalog titles, and the Deer Hunter Blu-ray will arrive in the March wave. Director Michael Cimino's epic drama focuses on a group of best friends (including Robert DeNiro, Taxi Driver, John Savage, Hair, John Cazale, The Conversation, and Christopher Walken, King of New York) whose lives are forever changed by the uncertainty and violence of the Vietnam War.

A critical and commercial darling immediately following its release in 1978, The Deer Hunter was also a big success at the 1979 Academy Awards, winning the following Oscars:
Best Picture
Best Director: Michael Cimino
Best Supporting Actor: Christopher Walken
Best Film Editing: Peter Zinner
Best Sound: Richard Portman, William L. McCaughey, Aaron Rochin, & C. Darin Knight

Universal's Blu-ray/DVD combo pack presents the film in its 2.39:1 original aspect ratio with a 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio track. The disc also contains the following supplements:

Deleted and extended scenes
Commentary with cinematographer Vilmos Zsigmond and film journalist Bob Fisher
100 Years of Universal: Academy Award Winners featurette

The Deer Hunter is expected to street on March 6th.

As part of its 100th Anniversary this year, Universal Studios Home Entertainment will offer special re-issues of selected catalog titles, and the Parenthood Blu-ray will arrive in the March wave. This dramedy examines the multi-generational Buckman family, all of whom are struggling with the trials and tribulations of being parents.

Directed by Ron Howard (Apollo 13), the film features an all-star cast that includes Steve Martin (Three Amigos!), Jason Robards (Once Upon a Time in the West), Mary Steenburgen (Step Brothers), Rick Moranis (Ghostbusters), Tom Hulce (Amadeus), Dianne Wiest (The Lost Boys), Martha Plimpton (The Goonies), Joaquin Phoenix (Walk the Line), and Keanu Reeves (The Matrix).

Universal's Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Copy combo pack presents the film in its 1.85:1 original aspect ratio with a 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio track. The disc also contains the following supplements:

Three behind-the-scenes featurettes:
- Art Imitating Life
- Family Reunion
- Words and Music
Two 100 Years of Universal featurettes:
- Unforgettable Characters
- The Lew Wasserman Era

Parenthood streets on March 6th.

Does anyone know the deal with Zodiac? Why is it out of print? Any news of a reissue?

One of the most intense scenes ever. :lecture

It is OOP, i don't know why. The same goes for Hot Rod, Disturbia and a few other movies. You might get lucky and find them in a store somewhere. But the UK version of Zodiac is Region Free and cheap.

It is OOP, i don't know why. The same goes for Hot Rod, Disturbia and a few other movies. You might get lucky and find them in a store somewhere. But the UK version of Zodiac is Region Free and cheap.

Yeah, it's such a great movie. It doesn't make sense why it'd be OOP. I guess I'll have to look around.

Yeah, it's such a great movie. It doesn't make sense why it'd be OOP. I guess I'll have to look around.

If you're interested Play.com have it for £7.99 & HMV for £7.50

https://www.play.com/Search.html?searchtype=allproducts&searchsource=0&searchstring=zodiac+blu-ray

https://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;0;-1;-1;-1&sku=764647

I'm sure they both ship to the States.
If they don't though give me a holler & I'll grab them & ship them over if you want?

Neil

Thanks! I'll let you know. I'd really like to get my hands on the 2 disc edition.

Amazon.co.uk has it for £7.49 as well. The UK release has all the special features the US version has, just on one disc instead of two. And i just checked the special features and they seem to be in HD as well.

But i checked Blu-Ray.com and it looks like people are able to find it at Blockbuster for about $10. And a way to check if there's any available near you:

Step 1: go to https://www.google.com
Step 2: type in zodiac blu - ray.
Step 3 in the results you may find one that says stores close to you
Step 4 if it does say stores close to you click on it and it will tell you which one.

It's not very obvious. The easier way to do it is to go to google.com/shopping. Type in what you're looking for. When it comes up, it may have a "Nearby" option if it finds it anywhere. Mine shows two in my area.

Last edited:
Back