The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zaavi’s 4k Man of Steel exclusive steelbook with Jim Lee source Art just went up for po. I was missing this one in 4k steel form now i just need batman vs superman unrated in 4k steel then my dc 4k steel movie set will be nearly complete. I just gotta hope they do another joker 4k steel (since i missed that one) and a superman the movie 4k steel at some point.

BVS 4k steel goes up next week for po, hopefully its the ultimate cut in 4k and not the theatrical..

Here is the link for MoS steel book https://us.zavvi.com/blu-ray/man-of...d-steelbook-includes-2d-blu-ray/12668728.html

Not sure if best buy will carry this so if your interested you may want to po it from zaavi now to be safe, and just cancel your zaavi order if best buy does get it.

:exactly:

4k or blu ray preferred, if you run out of space then and only then the below option

Buy the digital Copies (itunes, vudu, fandango now, amazon prime) but only when they are on sale for 4.99. Just make sure its movies anywhere and your golden. Dont buy any disney title on itunes cause u wont get 4k copies, redeem them in vudu.

The only point to have a streaming service is for their original shows like the mandolorian, its just disney greedy ass, i just cancel until season 2 startS up, otherwise they are a ripoff in the long run

Streaming services are just a racket outside of maybe netflix (a **** ton of original content) why pay monthly fee when you can own 4k copy for 4.99 or 7.99 disney sale or even better the 4k disk itself. I hardly watched disney plus at all since mondo ended so i cancelled it. I already own all the movies i want on their service, they havent done **** with avengers yet. If thats good ill sign on again.

I get the space issue caused by physical media esp if you collect other things. I have that problem myself, my 4k collection has overflowed into the bedroom lol

Another option when running out of room... Take the movies that dont have as much meaning to you and put the in a CD book.

I have a ton in a book. Almost all my comedies and lower ranking action and horror films fill that book up.

After awhile I almost forget I have them and then go through the book and find some old films I forgot I owned.. Its like going to Blockbuster :lol

Another option when running out of room... Take the movies that dont have as much meaning to you and put the in a CD book.

I have a ton in a book. Almost all my comedies and lower ranking action and horror films fill that book up.

After awhile I almost forget I have them and then go through the book and find some old films I forgot I owned.. Its like going to Blockbuster :lol

Hnnng

Remember when Sony had that 400 disc player lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Calling all Marty McFly and BTF lovers: Back to the Future 35th anniversary 4k Limited Edition Steelbook is back up for sale at bestbuy.com atm. It sold out day one but they released a few more PO's if you want it head to best buy.com now to secure a copy

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/back-t...k-4k-ultra-hd-blu-ray/6423196.p?skuId=6423196

I must say i kind of like all new movies being on hold, studios are releasing catalog titles on 4k like crazy this year to make up for shortfall in revenue. This is turning out to be one the best years ever for 4k catalog title releases

Keep you eye out for

Full Metal Jacket 4k Steelbook
Lord of Rings trilogy 4k steelbook
Goonies 4k steelbook
Home Alone 4k Steelbook
District 19 4k steelbook
Hocus Pocus 4k steelbook
The complete Game of Thrones Series 4k Steelbook
Back to the Future 4k steelbook
Hitchcock Psycho 4k steelbook

Among many other that are releasing in the next week or so or have already released or are currently on the schedule to be released by the end of 2020

Personally I am surprised there are not more older titles getting the 4k treatment..

Where are the Indiana Jones films, the Lethal Weapon series, The Thing, the rest of the ALIEN franchise, rest of the Die Hard series, Tombstone, Silence of the Lambs, Seven, Conan the Barbarian, Minority Report, Tron 1 and 2 (PLEASE :lol), HEAT, the rest of the Quinten Tarantino films, Young Guns (Needs a remaster in the worst way) Dances with Wolves, Last of the Mohicans... Etc...

:(

90% of my collection remains 1080p and I even still have some regular dvds.

Me too. There are many movies I'd love to upgrade, but the studios don't seem to think it's worthwhile.

I've been looking for Bowfinger, and Existenz in HD, and Conan, and the Thing in 4K for quite some time.

Dead Zone is finally getting a blu-ray release, but it's in one of those sets mashed together with a bunch of other movies, that honestly don't deserve to be mentored in the same sentence. Because I guess the studio feels that nobody would buy it by itself. I would. I'd jump on a 4K.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Me too. There are many movies I'd love to upgrade, but the studios don't seem to think it's worthwhile.

I've been looking for Bowfinger, and Existenz in HD, and Conan, and the Thing in 4K for quite some time.

Dead Zone is finally getting a blu-ray release, but it's in one of those sets mashed together with a bunch of other movies, that honestly don't deserve to be mentored in the same sentence. Because I guess the studio feels that nobody would buy it by itself. I would. I'd jump on a 4K.

The Thing is supposed to be out this year in 4k Uhd, it may get pushed back due to Covid but its coming

https://www.dvd-store.it/Video/4K--...ed-Edition-4K-Ultra-HD-Blu-Ray-Disc-SteelBook

Look at Jurassic Park 1 forever stuck in a box set of bad movies :gah:

Re: The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Thank you!

Bought!

I think that was the same price as Zavvi, no?

No it was more money at best buy (I bought 1 from each) I paid like 33 from zaavi with taxes for mine but remember it doesn't come with digital copy. If for some reason you want to have two, 1 to open one to keep mint then I suggest buying 1 from zaavi and 1 from best buy. If you don't care at all about any of that or digital copy Zaavi is the cheapest price way to go (but they are sold out). We just don't know if the finishes will be the same on both steelbooks. One reason I prefer zaavi over best buy is cause the Euro releases come with a proper movie back cover card (partial slip) with a bottom insert so they stay on, its not just glued on the back so it doesn't get in the way (to the point you toss them) and you get more protection on your steelbooks which sadly as we all know are very fragile to scratches or scrapes even when you just keep them nicely on a shelf

Disney released a statement that they are not interested in releasing any of their catalog or Fox catalog titles on 4K physical media.

Run, don?t walk, run to buy your discs NOW!

Disney released a statement that they are not interested in releasing any of their catalog or Fox catalog titles on 4K physical media.

Run, don?t walk, run to buy your discs NOW!

I hope this isnt true too many fox titles being locked away i already got all the disney **** i wanted in 4k, well outside of touchstone and mirmax catalog (which is alot) titles.

I have a hard time believing this, i can see them doing this with disney plus catelogs cause they greedy as **** but not fox cause none of that **** is on disney plus. I dont see them sitting on those titles cause they can make money on them. As of now they aint making any money one these fox catalogs they bought so it wouldnt make sense for them to not release them on disk

Just another reason to hate disney they dont want us to own any of thier movies anymore, they want us to pay 7.99 or whatever it is monthly for disney plus in perpeturity.

Whats funny about all this, they give us no reason ever to buy 8k tvs. What a complete and utter waste of money those tvs will be since its all going to be limited to crappy digital streaming going forward.

They better get those fox movies on disney plus, **** them if they expect us to subscribe to another service. Why did they have to buy fox, and then lock it away. First they ruin star wars, then they prevent the world from buying fox movies. I guess we will never get aliens or abyss on 4k disk. I hate you disney, all that money i gave you supporting marvel movies and going to disneyland and this is how you repay us. No pirates series movies will be on 4k disk ever except the last ****** one (which is the worst one)!!!!! Speaking of marvel (and star wars) movies you better hurry up and buy them all on 4k before they are gone for good if you haven't already.

i would easily give up disney plus and its mandolarian to be able to buy fox and touchtone catalog titles on 4k disk

The zaavi exclusive star wars steelbook prices skyrocketed on ebay (new hope was listed at $245 usd) after that news outlet announced this. If it ends up being true, those steelbooks are going to be worth bank as they will be the last ones ever made and with original poster covers, do not open them. Track down extra copies at best buy (original clamshell) or target keep those steelbooks in a safe lol. Sadly i did not predict this happening so i missed out on star wars 1 and 2

Here you can read the article on thedigitalbits.com:
https://thedigitalbits.com/columns/my-two-cents/080720-1600
In essence, my sources said, beyond new release theatrical titles, animated fare from Disney and Pixar, or Star Wars and Marvel-related projects, there were no plans at the studio going forward to release titles on physical 4K Ultra HD—future releases would be 4K Digital only.

Here you can read the article on thedigitalbits.com:
https://thedigitalbits.com/columns/my-two-cents/080720-1600

The death of aliens on disk.............

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I hope this isnt true too many fox titles being locked away i already got all the disney **** i wanted in 4k, well outside of touchstone and mirmax catalog (which is alot) titles.

I have a hard time believing this, i can see them doing this with disney plus catelogs cause they greedy as **** but not fox cause none of that **** is on disney plus. I dont see them sitting on those titles cause they can make money on them. As of now they aint making any money one these fox catalogs they bought so it wouldnt make sense for them to not release them on disk

Just another reason to hate disney they dont want us to own any of thier movies anymore, they want us to pay 7.99 or whatever it is monthly for disney plus in perpeturity.

Whats funny about all this, they give us no reason ever to buy 8k tvs. What a complete and utter waste of money those tvs will be since its all going to be limited to crappy digital streaming going forward.

They better get those fox movies on disney plus, **** them if they expect us to subscribe to another service. Why did they have to buy fox, and then lock it away. First they ruin star wars, then they prevent the world from buying fox movies. I guess we will never get aliens or abyss on 4k disk. I hate you disney, all that money i gave you supporting marvel movies and going to disneyland and this is how you repay us. No pirates series movies will be on 4k disk ever except the last ****** one (which is the worst one)!!!!! Speaking of marvel (and star wars) movies you better hurry up and buy them all on 4k before they are gone for good if you haven't already.

i would easily give up disney plus and its mandolarian to be able to buy fox and touchtone catalog titles on 4k disk

The zaavi exclusive star wars steelbook prices skyrocketed on ebay (new hope was listed at $245 usd) after that news outlet announced this. If it ends up being true, those steelbooks are going to be worth bank as they will be the last ones ever made and with original poster covers, do not open them. Track down extra copies at best buy (original clamshell) or target keep those steelbooks in a safe lol. Sadly i did not predict this happening so i missed out on star wars 1 and 2
Regarding the steelbook prices, where did you hear that?

Prices on Ebay seem to be around $50 to $60.

If they do sell for $200+, I'll happily sell my copies.

The exception seems to be James Cameron’s Avatar, which Disney is banking on heavily. To keep Cameron happy, there might be a chance that the studio will release the likes of Aliens, the original Avatar, True Lies, and The Abyss on physical 4K at some point in the future. But they seem to be in no rush to do so, nor—as fans have become painfully aware in recent years—does Cameron himself seem to be promoting it.
Si i think they have a special deal with Cameron.
Im not so interested in 4K UHDs. I only buye them when the Blu-ray version of the film is not the best version n the market.
And i would be happy if they even released The Abyss...when they use a 4K Master for the normal BD im happy.
I germany the broadband internet is not the best and relative expensive so the most people stream normal 1080p material, they do not have the bandwidth to stream 4K.

Regarding the steelbook prices, where did you hear that?

Prices on Ebay seem to be around $50 to $60.

If they do sell for $200+, I'll happily sell my copies.

It must have just been a few overpriced listings, i only did a quick check to be honest. I really hope zaavi has more copies of pm and atoc to sell like they did the ot after it initially sold out. I wasnt planning on buying them esp atoc since i do not like it but now i want them all in steel form cause this could be the last time (for a long time if ever again) we get steels of them esp with disney’s latest announcement. I was able to secure a copy of empire for retail but so far no luck with those other two. I even ordered TFA, i hate last jedi with a passion but i am even tempted to buy that just to have the complete saga set in matching steelbook form.

As a tribute to the death of fox and aliens on disk i swooped up the the 4k alien steelbook from zaavi. I already own the 4k clamshell edition but always liked that steelbook and best buy sold out fast as ****.

There is going to be a run on titles lol disney created a panic amongst disk collectors and video buffs with that announcement

Back