The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a mount where my tv can tilt if need be or swivel for any room set up. I love the tv being a little higher up. When I am reclined my feet don't get in the way. :lol

In the end you have to do what works for you. The recommended height is around 24" from the floor or so. I couldn't do that with my 4 dogs running around the house and for me like it up in the center of the wall. I have movie posters on each side of the tv and love the way everything is set up. I hope you get your set up soon.

viewing angle doesn't matter for oled whatsoever what matters is ambient light. If the room has a lot of ambient light it doesn't matter where you put the oled, it will not look as good as it would in a darker room regardless of placement. Brightness is the oled's kryptonite. Now with LCD there are two types of panels VA (vertical Alignment) and ISP (In Plane Switching) each has plus and minuses. With a Vertical Alignment panel you need the TV to to be place at eye level to achieve optimal viewing and the best picture quality. With a ISP model the viewing angle will not matter as much but the picture quality will never be as good as a VA model viewed directly on. No matter what LCD you buy the picture quality will degrade at certain angle, its best to make sure those tvs are mounted so that the center of the frame is at the center of you eye. But they all kick ass in bright rooms, its just the picture image degrades rapidly when viewed from certain angles. Oled picture quality doesn't degrade no matter what angle you view it from. Also darkness is the lcd kryptonite where you get near blacks not true black

Vinyl came back. Vinyl. I think there's a future for CRTs for some generation.

'memba the static electricity? 'memba the curved edges of the screen?

Dude i miss the 300lbs 65 inch tube based flat sceen tvs that were all the rage right when plasma took off when the price was still insane (20k usd 65 inch plasma tv). Those flat screen crt had Great color, and image, awesome response time for gaming, and were built to last but they were back breakers to move. I had a sony version we were moving to my appartment it fell off the dolly and rolled down the driveway. I nearly had a heart attack, but sure enough got that ****er set up in the appartment plugged it in and it still worked perfectly, just a few cosmetic scrapes. New oled or 8k tv today could never survive a fall like that- that ****er rolled down the driveway until the inclined stopped lol. It literally was a nightmare at the time but i ended up selling that ****er and it still works to this day lol

Ya tilting a led based tv doesnt work, the pitcure has to be viewed straight on, any angle ****s Tilt down up or from the side ****s with colors and clarity. Sure they are getting better with that each new model but nowhere close to oled in terms of viewing angle. The best picture is va but limited viewing, isp model worse pitcture but better vewing angles, this does not mean the picture doesnt degrade it just doesnt degrade as fast as va model at less extreme angles

:lol :lol

Punisher waiting for those 8K subtitles lol

Haha 4K is enough for me. And yes the subtitles are perfect Wor-Gar. My media room has blackout curtain so ambient light isn't a problem. Love the new tv's clarity but OG is right the new stuff isn't made to last like the older stuff we all grew up with. I mean when a 75" tv weighs far less than a 27" inch tv from the 80's you don't get the same workout moving it.

Back