The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

I'm actually the same way as you with the case matching the discs with just one exception my MCU collection.

It has to do with the rationale behind how I consume the content plus yes eliminating redundancy on my limited real estate movie shelf.

1080p is obsolete in the presence of 4K UNLESS a unique specific cut of the movie is only available in 1080p or a behind the scenes documentary.

Hell I own extended cuts of movies in 480p that I won't replace with their 4K counterparts because the 4K is not the extended cut.

But all things being equal content wise 4K beats out 1080p.

I have no need for a 1080p 2D disc taking up space inside the case if the 4K disc is in there I will never watch the 1080p version.

The 3D disc takes that spot because it's offering something the 4K disc doesn't have.

I am then left with what I view as a "complete" movie meaning 4K and 3D in one case but yes the case doesn't say "3D version included" but that's ok I know that I own the entire package and besides the best part is that they are steel books and MCU steel books don't have text on the cover anyways so it all works out in the end.

Like with Civil War I just took the 3D disc out of that specific release and placed it inside the Civil War steel book.

Would've I preferred that all MCU movies had 4K and 3D together from the start of course but they need to make their monies lol

Great question about my duplicates.

I gift the 480p and 1080p discs to familes or customers I know who are working people but who don't have the disposable income to afford such luxary items as a large movie collection tends to be.

The tv's are cheap enough it's the movie collection that gets expensive.
I definitely understand the rationales, half my collection is DVD still, many of which are unlikely to be upgraded, mostly due to disinterest.

I am also running out of space, I usually donate my extras to the library, but they are no longer accepting discs anymore.

I suppose if I had more Marvel steelbooks, it might make consolidation easier. I think someone could make money making custom cases. I know I'd love to have lenticular cases for my all my 3D movies.

I don't have 3D or 4K in every room, so I still need my blu-ray discs

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
That's why we're brothers! :hi5:

bfl.png

They know everyone wants the original theatrical films. Just make them. You already threw away Lucas' outline for Ep 7-9, lied about serving the characters and fans well, so just throw away saying you'll stick to releasing the special editions and make a ton of more money. Disney, you've already sold out as much as you could for every dollar anyway. :mad: :slap

The CGI they did for the special editions can be done better, the character/creature animation wasn't very good so that can be greatly improved. Other things like color grading they've been messing with for years without getting it correct so maybe that'll be better this time.

The amount of people that want the original theatrical versions is probably very small, so it depends on if it's enough where they would make a profit

I very much disagree with this. It's just SW fans have had their souls sucked from this latest trilogy that you don't hear about it much.

I very much disagree with this. It's just SW fans have had their souls sucked from this latest trilogy that you don't hear about it much.

People have been talking about getting the unaltered trilogy for more than a decade, but I don't think there's enough people outside of a small group of vocal fans that want it. They'll be mostly there with the work that they'll have to do for the 4K release so it depends on if Disney thinks they'd make enough money to release the unaltered versions as well.

That's a tad overly dramatic.

Forget the information age, we live in the hyperbole age

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Or it's common sense by reading any SW thread on the internet. An unaltered trilogy in 4k would blow up the internet. It would be a huge success given all the crap Lucas has taken over the years for it. And since no one in any creative capacity at Lucasfilm can come up with anything new and original, they might as well release the true unaltered OT.

Back