The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would be awesome if they included the unaltered trilogy but we all know the answer to that already. I would get the Star Wars and Indy Trilogy in 4K for sure though.

I'm very curious what all they would do to the OT, since all of the special edition work and other changes would have to be redone for the 4K masters it gives them the opportunity to do better or do something else.

There are only a few things I liked from the SE which means if I have to give them up to get rid of all of the bad stuff which there are plenty then so be it throw the baby out with the bath water.

I would rather have 1080p unaltered over 8K SE.

Re: The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

I think that EG had one of the best posters in the entire MCU so I'll be skipping the Steelbook and picking up a regular edition this time around.

1e1bb52f463ac18f40b9aec9689e7bbd_XL.jpg
I'm wrestling with that myself. I have the 3D ordered from Zavvi, but wondering if the regular UK 3D is good enough.

Is the Zavvi steelbook identical to the BB steelbook?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Re: The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

I'm wrestling with that myself. I have the 3D ordered from Zavvi, but wondering if the regular UK 3D is good enough.

Is the Zavvi steelbook identical to the BB steelbook?

You lost me.

My Zavii EG 3D is $27 non steel book and the same as the Amazon UK 3D.

I don't keep any of the UK 3D cases and art work all to the garbage.

I remove the 2D bluray disc from the steel book and put in its place the 3D disc.

So 4K/3D are together in one case.

I don't keep any of the UK 3D cases and art work all to the garbage.

I remove the 2D bluray disc from the steel book and put in its place the 3D disc.

So 4K/3D are together in one case.
I've considered consolidating for a long time, but not because I don't like the European art or anything. I know it's strange, but I like the case to say what it contains, so if I put the 3D in the 4K case, it will feel off to me. Strange, I know.

Do you just discard the extras blu's?

I've considered consolidating for a long time, but not because I don't like the European art or anything. I know it's strange, but I like the case to say what it contains, so if I put the 3D in the 4K case, it will feel off to me. Strange, I know.

Do you just discard the extras blu's?

I'm actually the same way as you with the case matching the discs with just one exception my MCU collection.

It has to do with the rationale behind how I consume the content plus yes eliminating redundancy on my limited real estate movie shelf.

1080p is obsolete in the presence of 4K UNLESS a unique specific cut of the movie is only available in 1080p or a behind the scenes documentary.

Hell I own extended cuts of movies in 480p that I won't replace with their 4K counterparts because the 4K is not the extended cut.

But all things being equal content wise 4K beats out 1080p.

I have no need for a 1080p 2D disc taking up space inside the case if the 4K disc is in there I will never watch the 1080p version.

The 3D disc takes that spot because it's offering something the 4K disc doesn't have.

I am then left with what I view as a "complete" movie meaning 4K and 3D in one case but yes the case doesn't say "3D version included" but that's ok I know that I own the entire package and besides the best part is that they are steel books and MCU steel books don't have text on the cover anyways so it all works out in the end.

Like with Civil War I just took the 3D disc out of that specific release and placed it inside the Civil War steel book.

Would've I preferred that all MCU movies had 4K and 3D together from the start of course but they need to make their monies lol

Great question about my duplicates.

I gift the 480p and 1080p discs to familes or customers I know who are working people but who don't have the disposable income to afford such luxary items as a large movie collection tends to be.

The tv's are cheap enough it's the movie collection that gets expensive.

Last edited:
Back