The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We definitely need a 4K cut of Troy, but for the love of Hector, can we get a theatrical cut to go along with it?

I'm all about the 2.4:1 ultra-wide, personally. Black bars be damned, it just feels more expansive, more cinematic. Saw Dune: Part Two in IMAX first, will see it a second time in a Dolby theater which is really my preferred venue.
Sonically Dune 2 is # 1 for me now in Dolby took the # 1 spot away from JW4.

It’s spectacular.

To Khev’s and Wor-Gar’s point may I submit…

IMG_8638.jpeg

Now remember the 1080p HD blurays in both the 3D and 4K releases are the crappy DNR version.

Same goes for the 3-D disc.

That’s also the crappy DNR ultimate hunter edition brightened up and slightly expanded to 1.78:1 but I’m OK with that because it’s for the 3D gimmick and it works fine for that specific viewing experience but if you want the best Predator 87 home release obviously stick to that 4K!

Also really messed up that if you want the digital version of Aliens special edition you have to pay another 20 bucks for it because the digital code wasn’t included on the physical media release of Aliens 4K only the theatrical was included.

Bastards.

By the way I stress out when I have to choose which category list to place Aliens in…

Sci-Fi, Horror or Action movie lol

Same for Predator 87 :gah:
Predator is the ultimate romance movie JYE. The Predator came to earth Dutch and if he couldn't have him then nobody could and how would take the Romeo and Juliet way out and commit suicide. :ROFLMAO:

We definitely need a 4K cut of Troy, but for the love of Hector, can we get a theatrical cut to go along with it?

I'm all about the 2.4:1 ultra-wide, personally. Black bars be damned, it just feels more expansive, more cinematic. Saw Dune: Part Two in IMAX first, will see it a second time in a Dolby theater which is really my preferred venue.
When watching on my 85” tv I would rather have my imax shots in the 1:85 ratio as that really fills the screen and it looks huge.

The 4:3 is less immersive. If I had a 200 inch screen I may feel differently but ZS cut of Justice League just made me feel like I watching to old boob tube.

RoboCop 2 was one of the first R-rated movies I was allowed to see in the theater.

My expectations were through the roof.

Then I saw the movie. Crippling disappointment.

Back