The best likeness ever in 1/6th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree, i showed my Connor to at least 10 women(6 that never did see salvation) and they all knew it was Bale.

Not being harsh, I just think there are plenty of sculpts that come closer to replicating the person they're supposed to be.

Off the top of my head:

HT Marcus Wright
HT Blade
HT BR and DX Jokers
HT Mech Test Tony Stark
HT T-800
HT Dutch
HT Godfather
Enterbay Bruce Lee
Enterbay Jack Bauer
Sideshow Old Ben Kenobi
Sideshow Lando Calrissian

Every one of those sculpts, to me, clearly looks like who it's supposed to be and to find flaws would require careful photo study and comparison. To me, the HT Connor sculpt is lacking the defining nose, lip and cheek look of Christian Bale. It pretty well captures him, but compared to other heads, I can instantly see something off with his portrait where the others I've listed, I'd need to compare to photos to find something off. Bale's probably a challenge, between Bruce Wayne heads and Connors and some Equillibrium sculpts, he's been done numerous times and of all the heads I've seen, only 2 really capture him well enough to recognize the sculpt as Bale.

I agree, i showed my Connor to at least 10 women(6 that never did see salvation) and they all knew it was Bale.
You Canadians have funny names.

I showed my Connor to one woman and she Baled out too. I never got to see salvation either.

the problem begins when some people insist on using hyperbole or absolutes to describe likenesses and sculpts.

the likeness is the "worst i've ever seen!" or it's a "failure!" there are no grey areas of in-between for these people. it's either great or it sucks. that's when it starts to pi$$ off other folks. just an observation. :cool:

incidentally, last week i took a female friend along to my local retailer. she saw the ht blade2 figure in the window display, and immediately exclaimed, "wow that looks just like wesley snipes! cool! what character is this?" obviously, she'd never even watched the blade movies so she recognized the likeness itself.

make of that what u will.

Well, even though I don't own the John Connor figure, I've seen it in stores, and I really can't see a good likeness to Christian Bale. Don't get me wrong, it does look "Bale-like", but the shape of the head reminds me too much of David Beckham.

The sculpt does have some likeness, but it's definitely not the best likeness (or even close to the best) of a real-life person that I've seen.

IMO enterbay JB with a HT true type body is still the best likeness in my collection

27xf2nm.jpg

fzaqd.jpg

I tend to think that the best likeness that is available to the general public is indeed Jack Bauer.

However the Kate sculpt below is increadible! :rock

The John Locke sculpt is crazy good too!

Best that I own is either the DX Joker or the Bank Robber Joker... I go back and forth between the 2... can't decide. The DX is defenitly the better figure over all, but the BR sculpr is really amazing too.

Back