The best bargain you've bought 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From the SSC GI Joe line, I got Hawk, Desert Cobra Officer and regular Cobra Officer for $225 at the San Jose Toy Show.

I also got the Cobra Throne for $125.

Very happy with all of those purchases.

If you're in the Bay Area, I cannot recommend the San Jose Toy Show (held 3 times a year at the Santa Clara Fairgrounds) enough.

I don't know if it's a real bargain but I recently got the Hot Toys 1/4 TDKR Batman for £335 and i've seen it go (after my purchase) for about £500-£600. It's very expensive on eBay and retail price was about £450-£550 I believe. Guess that was a bargain then...

All my best bargains were on vehicles.

BM Project Akira bike, £250 incl intl delivery + taxes. Used and no box, but otherwise mint.
HT Camo tumbler, £130 delivered. Minor damage to some flaps but fine and boxed.
HT 89 Batmobile, £330. Local pickup only so I won it for £350. When I told the guy, I could save him his eBay fees by cancelling the transaction, he refunded me some of the fee. It had not even been displayed, as I think he didn't realise it was going to be so big.

This feels like being a bragging ass, but I'll share:

Kaneda's bike, BM!....got it brand new sealed from amazon 28,072 yen and that included shipping. Two years later got the exclusive cowl mint in box for 5295 yen.

Also got the 1989 Hot Toys Batmobile, pristine in sealed box and mailer, delivered to my door by a very sweaty deliveryman for 26,101 yen.

HT Eric Draven 110 shipped
HT Jack Sparrow DX 06 230.00

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Toys Works Mad Skull (Netflix Punisher) for $44 shipped on eBay. They didn't bother putting 'hot toys' 'Punisher' or anything to lead you to it besides the actual product info so it went under the radar.

SS PF Commander Shepard for $300 shipped. Not sure it was a bargain, but I feel it was very reasonable seeing as it was in great condition complete with box and SS shipper and long sold out. eBay was asking for much more and some were just in "ok" or "good" condition.

I got Silk Spectre, Dog Alien, Edward Scissorhands, James Dean Cowboy all for 40 bucks each about 6 years or so ago at some hobby shop closing down.

Last Christmas I found Tyrion X2 and Ned at a clueless comic shop marked at 100 each back home in Calgary. I flipped them for over 4 times the price. I don't feel bad about that flipping them whatsoever... I've been burned so many times in this hobby it was about time it went the other way.

I got a bunch of those Triad figures for around $5.00 each when Vantage Collectibles was blowing out cases on eBay a few years ago.

Zorro and John Carter are among my favorites.

I also bought Big Chief Studio's (First) Doctor Who figure for around a hundred bucks on Amazon.com.

I purchased a Indiana Jones Dx5 with box and shipper only missing the display base for the idol pedestal for $125 Canadian 3 years ago from a fellow canuck.
The 1/6 Han in Carbonite environment for $140 shipped
The Gi Joe Recon at Waypoint for $100 US shipped

Last edited:
I forgot, not the most amazing deal but I got DX07 Bespin Luke for $350 shipped earlier this year from Mandarake. Since it goes for crazy money these days, seemed like a great deal.

Back