The Best and Worst Video Game to Film Adaptations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O but I do blame Paul and milla. I know the history but that still doesn't escape the fact that the movie franchise was inspired by mister Paul snorting to many lines of crack. Being inconsistent with every movie, throwing in countless plot holes , making Alice an op character.

Milla's cool and everything but it feels like she needs these movies to stay relevant or something. Just keep churning out **** so that she can be in a movie. All in all the movies have good points and the first one was very well done but they still suck ***. And Paul is a horrible director and milla's acting is horrendous.

Ps I hate capcom.

Just like the games? :lol

I love the series, but both are a mess! So if the movies where a carbon copy of the games who would be the main character? Jill? Leon? Chris? Claire?

:dunno resident evil doesn't really have a MAIN character.

Sent from Umbrella Corporation HQ using Tapatalk

You know we shouldn't be argueing in the first place. Resident evil franchise went to **** anyway after 6.

Just like the games? :lol

I love the series, but both are a mess! So if the movies where a carbon copy of the games who would be the main character? Jill? Leon? Chris? Claire?

:dunno resident evil doesn't really have a MAIN character.

Exactly. Which is why it doesn't matter since re is stuck far down the crapper it will take a miracle to get it out.

Milla IS the face of the Resident Evil universe. Not Leon, Chris, Jill... Etc.

She's making money for both Capcom and Sony. Anyway, those other crappy movies based on video games wished they made that much money. Alice will forever be stuck to the RE name.

This is exactly why the franchise is a shadow of its former self. Its not a good thing.

#1 best video game movie:

animation01.gif

#2 best video game movie:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34x6jxZ_Erk[/ame]

I always thought this would make a good movie:

[ame]https://youtu.be/PV6TfJ3rvRI[/ame]

Hate to break it to you but Leon is the face of RE. Everything I see re it's Leon.
So what if they make money? Justin bieber makes millions and he sucks. Quality vs quantity . The animated re movies are better. Sorry. Sometimes I swear your milla jovovich or something.
Alice is a forgettable and **** character. Leon is what the fanbase wants.

I agree, but not completely, most people I know (that played since the first RE) love Chris and/or Jill, the rest (the ones that started at RE4) love Leon can't know what the entire world feels about the characters just based on my own experince though.

I think the movies have a totally different fanbase, some of those people don't even know RE is a videogame franchise :dunno

This is exactly why the franchise is a shadow of its former self. Its not a good thing.

I think its even worst than that now

#1 best video game movie:

animation01.gif

Thought I was the only one, I love that movie it made my life better :lol

While the Max Payne film, as many have stated, was horrible the actual imagery in my opinion was nice. It looked like it was done with the games setting in mind. It just didn't feel that way.

The plot and character changes too, were one of the worst decisions made. Christ, how can you take a character that is a short, old, chubby white man and cast Ludacris to play him?

The director ruined the chances of a good Max Payne, and then shortly after he full on killed the Die Hard franchise. Stop giving him work, Hollywood.

While the Max Payne film, as many have stated, was horrible the actual imagery in my opinion was nice. It looked like it was done with the games setting in mind. It just didn't feel that way.

The plot and character changes too, were one of the worst decisions made. Christ, how can you take a character that is a short, old, chubby white man and cast Ludacris to play him?

The director ruined the chances of a good Max Payne, and then shortly after he full on killed the Die Hard franchise. Stop giving him work, Hollywood.

tumblr_m7q5yeHhKZ1qc2nvao1_250.jpg

How have any of you not mentioned the abysmal King of Fighters movie? This is probably the worst VG to movie adaptation I've ever seen, even worse than Mario Bros, Legend of Chun-Li, and all the RE movies combined...almost as bad as House of the Dead :Flush

The-King-of-Fighters-2010-movie-poster.jpg

[ame]https://youtu.be/ZLv18a8AfGE[/ame]

for me the best game to movie is halo forward unto dawn simply because its straight up connected to the series, close second is assassins creed lineage ( its was released as a film) after that its the first tomb raider. for worst , i think we all agree that in what ever order, anything uwe boll has done video game related = to the worst interpretations and worst films overall

I loved Silent Hill and Mortal Kombat. I agree with everybodies lists so far

I hope your using that as an example of how horrible a choice that would be based on the Max Payne character and not a dig at the man's acting merits.

Although a poor choice for Max Payne, Will Smith is a fine actor.

All hideous.
2gugsp5.jpg

I actually quite liked Final Fantasy. Despite it having NOTHING to do with Final Fantasy at all. You have to watch the movie and imagine it as it's own entity.

They made a cgi film and just slapped on the name Final Fantasy to essentially make more money.

Last edited:
I wanna know why they square agreed to put the games name on that movie.

I wanna know why they square agreed to put the games name on that movie.

It was actually a Square production, the studio was Square Productions, I guess they needed the brand name to get off the ground. I still remember the tech demos for it, and at the time it really was amazing.

It was actually a Square production, the studio was Square Productions, I guess they needed the brand name to get off the ground. I still remember the tech demos for it, and at the time it really was amazing.

Square was so dumb, they invested almost everything into that non-Final Fantasy movie thinking everyone would love it. Truth is, because of that and its massive failure, Square almost went bankrupt until they merged with Enix.

Back