The Beginning of my NEW Collection Room

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome Collection Room !!! :) I hope to have something like this in the future. If you don't mind me asking, what do you do for a living? What is your profession? Thanks

Awesome Collection Room !!! :) I hope to have something like this in the future. If you don't mind me asking, what do you do for a living? What is your profession? Thanks

I work for a Defense Contractor. The wife has a nice paying job too and we don't have any kids. So I have a little more "play" money.:chew

nice...add a Blu-Ray player and a surround system :D

The surround system is partially hooked up. I have to decide how I want to run the wiring for the 3 rear speakers. And maybe the wife will get me a Blu-Ray player for my birthday.:banana

Good Man :D

Is looking great, Always like it when there's framed pictures up on the walls as well and looks like you've got a lot of picture hanging to be done

The hardest part is decided what to hang where, lol. I should be able to start hanging some of it tomorrow. Then I need to place an order for frames. I have about 30 pieces to get framed eventually, with the largest being this Marvel litho that is bigger than 5 feet X 2 feet:

April08Haulage.jpg

Thanks Rich. Man it's a job unpacking and setting everything back up. The statues and busts were the easy part, lol. The loose figures are another story.

I understand. I do not look forward to the unpacking. However, I'm not going to even begin until the room is good to go. I do not plan to move again, this will be my last move. It would be cool to have my two sons, and a close buddy or two to help with the setting up. Everything will have to be dusted and cleaned since it's been in storage and I didn't make sure everything was spotless before packing them away. Honestly, too much stuff and when I start unpacking, I may start a pile of stuff to sell/trade/give-away.

I understand. I do not look forward to the unpacking. However, I'm not going to even begin until the room is good to go. I do not plan to move again, this will be my last move. It would be cool to have my two sons, and a close buddy or two to help with the setting up. Everything will have to be dusted and cleaned since it's been in storage and I didn't make sure everything was spotless before packing them away. Honestly, too much stuff and when I start unpacking, I may start a pile of stuff to sell/trade/give-away.

If you do decide to give anything away, I'll gladly take it! :D And everything is really coming together nicely threeonesix! :rock2

If you do decide to give anything away, I'll gladly take it! :D And everything is really coming together nicely threeonesix! :rock2

Thanks. I'll try to take some updated pics tomorrow evening. I have almost all of the art and lithos on the walls and have cleaned up quite a bit.

I've been doing the same thing ONEYE said: started a trade/sell pile while unpacking. I think I'm up to a full 55 gallon Rubbermaid container.:rotfl

Thanks. I'll try to take some updated pics tomorrow evening. I have almost all of the art and lithos on the walls and have cleaned up quite a bit.

I've been doing the same thing ONEYE said: started a trade/sell pile while unpacking. I think I'm up to a full 55 gallon Rubbermaid container.:rotfl

I'm looking forward to seeing those updated pics man. And like I told ONEYE, if you have anything that you don't want to go through the hassle of selling, and wanna just give it away, just let me know what you have! :D Yeah I know, I'm cheap. :lol Kinda have to be though, the way this hobby sucks you dry.

Hey bro,
Its been a about a month since i logged into the forum and I was curious to know how your basement turned out. Bro you have a huge space, good colored walls and very good lighting but your collection doesnt look very cohesive. It looks a bit cluttered and random. I would recommend that you get the same type of shelving and especially pedestals, ( cant reccommend that enough). You have a whole lot of good pieces that will give it that museum feel. A room like that deserves to have that , the mcfarlane figures on the wall doesnt really come out as something solid. Please dont take it the wrong way but that room you have has so much potential to leave everyone speechless.

Hey bro,
Its been a about a month since i logged into the forum and I was curious to know how your basement turned out. Bro you have a huge space, good colored walls and very good lighting but your collection doesnt look very cohesive. It looks a bit cluttered and random. I would recommend that you get the same type of shelving and especially pedestals, ( cant reccommend that enough). You have a whole lot of good pieces that will give it that museum feel. A room like that deserves to have that , the mcfarlane figures on the wall doesnt really come out as something solid. Please dont take it the wrong way but that room you have has so much potential to leave everyone speechless.

No offense taken to constructive criticism. I have grander plans for the room, but the first step was to unpack so I could see what I had and what I needed. Eventually, most if not all of the figures will be gone. I plan on building a custom display for the PFs but that has to wait until the summer time and warmer weather.

Hellz Manik: you should be here helping me rearrange since I'm following some of your advice, lol.

Everyone else: I know I said I'd post some new pics, but I didn't really like the flow of the initial setup after unpacking. I'm moving about 1/2 of the stuff, but should be done tomorrow and "might" be able to post pics while we're waiting on the newsletter.:rotfl

Back