The Battle for Middle-Earth II

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Buying an XBox 360 is cheaper than upgrading your PC to be able to play BFME II. Trust me, I just did it. I returned the 360 I bought and upgraded my PC since I couldn't wait until September for the 360 release of BFMEII. Normally though I avoid gaming on my PC as I also prefer console gaming. Other than BFME which I'm playing now, the last PC game I played was Diablo II.

Well, I am really enjoying this game so far! Thought I had saved the day after defending the Grey Havens from the Corsairs of Umbar. Then the second wave shows up...

Then the third...

I have reached the Erebor level and before long, I'll be on to the evil campaign. I tried playing Star Wars: Empire at War, thinking it would be as much fun since they are similar games. Couldn't get past the first level of the story mode. It's natural to start out with the odds against you at first, but for some reason I am just too overwhelmingly outnumbered to succeed at that game. BFME, on the other hand, has been very enjoyable--and the controls are more intuitive. Still haven't figured out all of the controls for SW:EAW...

tomandshell said:
Well, I am really enjoying this game so far! Thought I had saved the day after defending the Grey Havens from the Corsairs of Umbar. Then the second wave shows up...

Then the third...

I have reached the Erebor level and before long, I'll be on to the evil campaign. I tried playing Star Wars: Empire at War, thinking it would be as much fun since they are similar games. Couldn't get past the first level of the story mode. It's natural to start out with the odds against you at first, but for some reason I am just too overwhelmingly outnumbered to succeed at that game. BFME, on the other hand, has been very enjoyable--and the controls are more intuitive. Still haven't figured out all of the controls for SW:EAW...

Try it on "easy".

i finished the good side 2 days ago... awesome.... im playing war of the ring mode now

Storyline mode was shorter than the first . but in all excellent game

tom bombadil is cool....

the amount of characters in the game is awesome......

Michael

I enjoyed the Scouring of the Shire level in the evil campaign. Had fun demolishing everything, and then a little surprise showed up! My army had been pretty small since I didn't bother building it up much to go up against little hobbits. I was scrambling to build an army towards the end...

tom bombadil is cool....

Ya hes cool and EA seem to have done their homework, I'm looking foward to many more great games from middle earth and maybe even Arda and Neumenor now EA have the licence, just think what they can do with it.:monkey5

Did EA get the license to all of Tolkien's books? I was surprised to see non-film characters like Bombadil and Glorfindel included in the game, because I thought that Universal/Vivendi had the book rights and EA had the film rights. I played Universal's "Fellowship" game and it really didn't compare to the EA LOTR games, in my opinion. It would be great if EA had access to all things Tolkien.

tomandshell said:
Did EA get the license to all of Tolkien's books? I was surprised to see non-film characters like Bombadil and Glorfindel included in the game, because I thought that Universal/Vivendi had the book rights and EA had the film rights. I played Universal's "Fellowship" game and it really didn't compare to the EA LOTR games, in my opinion. It would be great if EA had access to all things Tolkien.

Saul Saentz that is the owner of the licences only have the Hobbit one and the LOTR licence Tolkien didnt sold any other one, so thats why dragons appear and if you can notice now the Tolkien Enterprises logo appears and in the first BFME only the new line logo appears

Anyone notice in the Dol Guldur level that the statue of Sauron outside the gates is the same as the Weta one?

Great level, I didnt mean to finish it, just see what it was like, so I sent all my forces straight to the castle, and somehow won! I used all my powers like Tom Bombadil (he rocks!), earthquake and barrage to destroy the structures, but I only finished with three survivors! Arwen, Dain and Haldir.

I managed to survive with all of my heroes, but it was tough. I used Elrond's vision trick to reveal portions of the map, including the castle and other buildings in Dol Guldur. Then I would hit them with an earthquake and drop in some men of Dale along with Bombadil to fight. I also built an entmoot early on and recruited a few ents before my allies showed up and filled up my reinforcement slots. It was quite a lot of fun, but took forever because of my slow and steady approach.

Oh yeah- I noticed the Sauron statue, too! I wondered if that was intentional.

Finished both the good and bad campaigns already (normal diff), really way too short, I doubt I put over 10 hours in it all together :(

Of course there's more to it, the War of the Ring mode, multiplayer... but I like the story-driven parts of these games best, so it was a big disappointment for me.

The Dwimmerlaik said:
Oh no, now thats a stupid thing, they are taking the idea to far, then what Middle Earth soccer? :monkey4

That was actually an april fools joke by EGM. But Middle Earth soccer, hmmm... :D

After comments at SDCC, I was under the impression that Sideshow would be doing a polystone line based on EA Games' Battle for Middle Earth series. Looks like they went for the dioramas instead and left the game stuff to GG:

bfme_2_xbox360_pack.jpg

100_4694.JPG

i didnt read this thread yet, but if anyone feels like enlightening me, is this game awesome?

I bought a copy in the Philippines for $5 and still havent installed it yet.

It's a fun game. I don't usually play real time strategy games, since the controls/interface overwhelm me. But this one was a lot of fun, and was designed so that RTS newcomers could enjoy it along with more experienced players.

Yeah, I thought it was a total blast. I still need to go complete the evil campaign but it was cool trying to plan out a battle attack.

Definitely a fun way to pass some time. But other than the LOTR theme, it was actually rather average.

Looking forward to Command and Conquer 3 though :monkey4

Back