The Battle for Middle-Earth II

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SSC_Nerd

Super Freak
Reaction score
Dude...... buy it now. I'm enjoying it to the fullest. They also gave me the two things I asked for. Those would be Minas Morgul and Sauron.:joy :banana :joy :banana

Yeah, my computer is too crappy to support such cool games... Ehh.. Besides, all my money has been focused on Sideshow this year. Not much fundage available for anything else.

lovin it, played the demo last week as orcs, the bad guys are amazinng, and the hers/villains are 10 times better than the first time around,
Can make individual formations for your armies,
AND got sauron, at last, an enemy that can stand up to GTW!!!
:naughty

Picked up the CE yesterday (was a little disappointed with this, from the description I gathered there would be a book with art from Howe included, but it's only digital on the DVD) but the game seems pretty good. I was glad I actually got it running since part 1 never started on my system....

This game is so much fun!

Tom bombadil owns!

Also, I was able to capture the ring and get galadriel. I sent about 20-30 dwarves in the air with the tornado that she can summon. :rock

Went to Circuit City. They had a big display full of $34.99 copies... of BFME #1. They didn't receive copies of the sequel this week. Went to Best Buy. They said that they received their copies this week, but they hadn't been unpacked yet and they were not allowed to go in the back room and get one for me. Getting frustrated! Went to Target. It was in stock, on sale for $42, plus the cashier gave me a free $5 gift card with my purchase. Next time--I go straight to Target!!

Now to install the game...

Sounds like fun! Of course, I am TERRIBLE at video games!! I play them for fun, but I would offer no challenge to you whatsoever, I'll bet!! But once I get the hang of the additions and changes I will figure out how to play online.

Fry's had it listed for $34.99 so I had best Buy pricematch it. FYI, Bestbuy will take off $10 from the Collector's Edition if you're a Reward Zone member.

I really loved the game up to a few minutes ago when I found out I already finished the Good campaign. I doubt I played it for more then 5 hours in total (there are only 7 missions), I just can't believe how SHORT it is and how little variaty in units there is. They haven't even included humans

Picked up the CE today more so for the single dvd install rather than the 6 disc CD-ROMs. Having the extra content is nice as well.

Two missions into the Good campaign and the game shuts down with a game.dat error. I just checked the EA BFME2 boards and many people are having the same issues. I know it's not my graphics card (I'm running a Nvidia GeForce 6800 Ultra on a XPS Gen 2 w/ 2GB RAM). I'm glad I saved my game just before it went down. Hopefully EA will provide a patch to fix the problem as I already installed 1.01 patch and it didn't help. I was able to skirmish for 5 hours with out the error so at least it is still some what playable.

Maybe I'll just return the game and wait for the xbox 360 version. This is just another reminder why I prefer console gaming over PC gaming.

Programming for one hardware spec. rules!!!

I'll never buy a platform for something my pc can run. I wasted enough money on consoles in the past, just so they can release a bigger, better version two years later. Besides, look at all of the 360's MS shipped that were bad.

GrimaSnailTongue said:
I'll never buy a platform for something my pc can run. I wasted enough money on consoles in the past, just so they can release a bigger, better version two years later. Besides, look at all of the 360's MS shipped that were bad.

Understood, as long as your PC can run it. That's not always the case. What about the cost of upgrading your PC so you can play the new games? That's alot more money "wasted". :rolleyes:

I haven't had any problem with my 360 since launch. Apparently only 3% of 360s needed to be sent back to the manufacturer. That's well with in the failure rate of electronics hardware.

I also prefer kicking back in the comfort of my 6.1 home theater with a wireless controller instead of being hunched over a PC.

Back