The Batman (June 25, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that the Louder than Life festival concert that metallica, korn and nine inch nails will be headlining on different days?

Nope , Just Priest headline tour and Sabaton opening.

Smaller Venue also. I have seen Priest over a dozen times starting with Screamin for Vengence tour.

This will be my sons first concert, he likes Sabaton and know Priest very well having grown up hearing them all the time. So it was a perfect blend of new and old

BTW guys, great conversation here....devoid of a lot of the nick picky opinionated social BS many threads over over whelmed with this days.

Carry on, great read so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope , Just Priest headline tour and Sabaton opening.

Smaller Venue also. I have seen Priest over a dozen times starting with Screamin for Vengence tour.

This will be my sons first concert, he likes Sabaton and know Priest very well having grown up hearing them all the time. So it was a perfect blend of new and old

BTW guys, great conversation here....devoid of a lot of the nick picky opinionated social BS many threads over over whelmed with this days.

Carry on, great read so far.

Cool man thats awesome your taking your kid. When you mentioned judus priest i assumed it was the festival cause they are playing that gig too and i think its in September as well. When i saw all the bands playing at that festival i wanted to go but its just to far and would be too expensive with flights and hotel stay

Good point. I am going to see Judas Priest ( what?s left of them) and Sabaton in September. To be honest, I like Sabaton as the younger group, but I can only listen to so much, while Priest I could listen to all day.

The young rock band is sort of an extinct ideal right now.

:lol:lol:monkey2

4ztsm0rt7yz61.png

6451DA99-830A-40F3-B6B2-A592A4A8FED3.jpg

B34D875A-FE0B-43DC-98ED-EC0FB1AEB898.jpg

yzs2krgueyz61.jpg

It's an odd choice, but I don't mind it. If it's great, it could redefine the character in ways we never thought possible, so that's good.

The addition of cat woman really diminishes my excitement for this film. I've never been a Catwoman fan, and in a film that seems to be even more grounded than the Nolan films, she doesn't come across as a believable character. Plus, I can just imagine her interactions with Bruce and Batman, and it's the typical forced romance in a movie to show how the male protagonist it totally not gay and gets laid even though he's a creepy weirdo. At least Rachel made some sense in the Nolan trilogy because she was a childhood friend, and later a DA with the Gotham police. Not to mention, this is the third Catwoman in a Batman film. Why not RedClaw, Lynx, or Lady Shiva?

As for Riddler, as long as he takes off the mask, he'll be fine. It'd be pretty dumb to hire a great actor like Paul Dano and hide him under a stupid mask the whole film. Of course, he might not die and play a role in future films if they're smart and plan things out, so we'll see.

So far I like the Batmobile, I'm curious about Penguin and Riddler, and I'm sold on Pattison after watching GooTime. Gordon seems accurate enough, since he's basically a walking mustache with glasses and a coat. Catwoman is the only thing bringing down my enthusiasm for the film.

Riddler just looks like low-rent 60s Doctor Doom cosplay to me. It's the grey & green.

images

As for Catwoman, I'm not excited either. If you're not going to put her in some sexy, impractical costume, don't even bother. This time the getup is a goddamn ski-mask/balaclava with "cat ears" and a leather jacket or something. It's a noir cape**** flick, give me my aesthetics... I'll still watch it for Pattinson, Dano and Farrell, but I'm not terribly excited or anything.

It's an odd choice, but I don't mind it. If it's great, it could redefine the character in ways we never thought possible, so that's good.

The addition of cat woman really diminishes my excitement for this film. I've never been a Catwoman fan, and in a film that seems to be even more grounded than the Nolan films, she doesn't come across as a believable character. Plus, I can just imagine her interactions with Bruce and Batman, and it's the typical forced romance in a movie to show how the male protagonist it totally not gay and gets laid even though he's a creepy weirdo. At least Rachel made some sense in the Nolan trilogy because she was a childhood friend, and later a DA with the Gotham police. Not to mention, this is the third Catwoman in a Batman film. Why not RedClaw, Lynx, or Lady Shiva?

As for Riddler, as long as he takes off the mask, he'll be fine. It'd be pretty dumb to hire a great actor like Paul Dano and hide him under a stupid mask the whole film. Of course, he might not die and play a role in future films if they're smart and plan things out, so we'll see.

So far I like the Batmobile, I'm curious about Penguin and Riddler, and I'm sold on Pattison after watching GooTime. Gordon seems accurate enough, since he's basically a walking mustache with glasses and a coat. Catwoman is the only thing bringing down my enthusiasm for the film.

Agree totally. Catwoman always seems like a forced entity to give the story something to interest women. It?s pandering to the tenth degree as it?s insulting to women more than accommodating. Women can watch a Batman movie without the romance angle just as easily as a man can. It?s shows that producers , not matter how hard they try, really still do not understand the female audience they way they hope to. They just pander to desired revenue streams , and do it horribly.

The one thing they had going was an inventive take of the Riddler -- now a serial-killer style trickster.

But it looks like they've ruined that now too. S&M Riddler is not threatening. It will take some amazing direction to get past these mediocre designs.

I wonder if they can pull it off... or if this is destined to become the new Halle Berry Catwoman?

So, that's the Riddler.... Huh :dunno

This is definitely looking to be another movie I add to my "Comic Book Movies I Will Never Watch" list... :slap

:lol

Back