The Batman (June 25, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well Keaton didn't either and he is my favorite Batman. Of course Keaton acted great in the role.

For the life of me, I will never understand the reverence for Keaton's Batman... or Bruce Wayne for that matter.
I mean, I understand the seismic shock of a "serious" Batman after the 60's camp incarnation, but I was there... I went to the movies to see Tim Burton's Batman back in '89. It wasn't terribly good back then, and it's still not terribly good nowadays...and to me, the biggest failure was Keaton. Nicholson was really cool, the gothic look and feel of the city were cool, Kim Basinger was super hot... but I never believed Keaton was a millionaire playboy detective vigilante. The man just doesn't have the looks or physicality. I did really like Batman Returns a lot, but that was because Michelle Pfeiffer and Danny DeVito frigging owned the movie. Keaton still was terribly miscast IMHO.

Oh well, what do I know, I like BvS! :rotfl

For the life of me, I will never understand the reverence for Keaton's Batman... or Bruce Wayne for that matter.
I mean, I understand the seismic shock of a "serious" Batman after the 60's camp incarnation, but I was there... I went to the movies to see Tim Burton's Batman back in '89. It wasn't terribly good back then, and it's still not terribly good nowadays...and to me, the biggest failure was Keaton. Nicholson was really cool, the gothic look and feel of the city were cool, Kim Basinger was super hot... but I never believed Keaton was a millionaire playboy detective vigilante. The man just doesn't have the looks or physicality. I did really like Batman Returns a lot, but that was because Michelle Pfeiffer and Danny DeVito frigging owned the movie. Keaton still was terribly miscast IMHO.

Oh well, what do I know, I like BvS! :rotfl

We all have our opinions and I though Affleck was a great Batman. Really wish he would have gotten to do his Batman film. He was a beast and did a great job with the burned out Batman in BVS. I liked Keaton because his Batman and Bruce Wayne had the psyhcological damage that he never got over.

Poor WB they are launching HBOMAX with Joker and LOTR you know movies everyone has seen or own already.

I guess Snyder didn?t get the money he requested to film new scenes for his cut and good luck getting the main leads back together Cavill and his agent are probably not even allowed on the WB lot lol

Time for WB to show that batmobile documentary again. :rotfl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah crap. I was hoping for Snyder's JL... it was a long shot, but hope springs eternal...

Well keep your fingers crossed because Snyder is going to do a MOS watch party and rumor is he will be announcing the Snyder cut for HBOMax launch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a side note, 2009 Trivial Pursuit is so out of date:

EWbJnyrUEAAFakS

She felt marginalized by the shows creators because she felt her legitimate concerns about them not making it clear enough to the audience that Batdyke was a rampaging lesbo weren't being taken seriously......:monkey3

Really? I heard it was a neck thing? And the whole show is about a lesbian who fights crime. I don't understand her issue.

Really? I heard it was a neck thing? And the whole show is about a lesbian who fights crime. I don't understand her issue.

So are they recasting that?

Batwoman was ok for a CW show IMO. The fight scenes were bad... I cringe whenever Batwoman has to fight. That scene where she was trying to stop miniature bombs rolling around was hilariously bad. As a character though, I liked her interactions with Alice and Lucious' son was growing on me too.

What does she want about lesbianism? She's always hitting on other girls like all girls were bisexuals in that series.

Back