The Batman (June 25, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To be fair, they cast Josh Brolin as 6?8? UltraMegaGigaChad Cable.

88cff6fe5f2ea389e07705ebe595d52b.jpg

They did my boy dirty, I?ll tell you that... Anyway, JP wouldn?t have been a good Batman unless it was some AU take off him being a totally unhinged strictly detective version. Camera tricks could fix the height and a full mask could fix the lip. Such a theoretical film could?ve been interesting, not gonna lie.

Good counterpoint.

I like it....ANOTHER!

Delayed to oct 2021. 2020 is the devil?s year

lol

They can go ahead and open up the movie theaters now because there are no movies to play in them lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:lol :lol :lol

He is tall enough to play Bane for Nolan tho. :chase

To be fair, they cast Josh Brolin as 6?8? UltraMegaGigaChad Cable.

88cff6fe5f2ea389e07705ebe595d52b.jpg

They did my boy dirty, I?ll tell you that... Anyway, JP wouldn?t have been a good Batman unless it was some AU take off him being a totally unhinged strictly detective version. Camera tricks could fix the height and a full mask could fix the lip. Such a theoretical film could?ve been interesting, not gonna lie.

Brolin has an abnormally large head for his body, so that helps. His upper body is thic too, so that also helps, but only in closeups, not in wide shots where you can see him standing next to objects or people. :lol

I actually think Phoenix looks taller because of how skinny he was in the film, so it worked out.

Brolin has an abnormally large head for his body, so that helps. His upper body is thic too, so that also helps, but only in closeups, not in wide shots where you can see him standing next to objects or people. :lol
Sure, with camera angles he comes off as an average, stocky guy and not a manlet, but you can't really cast him as abnormaly large people. Cyclops being 6'0" or 6'1" instead of 6'3" isn't a big deal, but Cable must be noticeably larger.

I actually think Phoenix looks taller because of how skinny he was in the film, so it worked out.
Yeah, he's lanky so he comes out looking taller. In remember that in Inherent Vice he came off as taller than Brolin.

inherentvice.jpg

He does look a lot like Wolverine here, as a matter of fact.

Brolin also played the 8ft tall Thanos :lol :monkey3
Yeah, but Thanos was a CGI creation. Sure, you're unlikely to find a 6'8" guy who's conventionally ruggedly handsome and also a good actor, plus jacked, but you could go with a 6'3" guy like Skarsgard. With camera angles you could make him look like Comic Cable.

Anyway, I'm kinda glad they didn't waste an actually fitting actor as Cable in DP2. The movie was trash and that Cable certainly wasn't in any shape or form the Cable I know. If I want one thing from the MCU X-Men, it's good casting for the Summers. Scott, Jean, Cable, Rachel, Corsair, etc. And also Magneto, Xavier, Mystique, Fantomex, Magik, Rogue... If you think about it, the Summers/Greys are the Skywalkers of the X-Men, so you need to get them right, plus all the people related to them, like Mr. Sinister. They should completely ignore Nate the Cuck though.

And the "big" guy in Goonies, but his co stars were children tho.

In the land of the Blind, the One-Eyed man is King.

Anyway, I'm kinda glad they didn't waste an actually fitting actor as Cable in DP2. The movie was trash and that Cable certainly wasn't in any shape or form the Cable I know. If I want one thing from the MCU X-Men, it's good casting for the Summers. Scott, Jean, Cable, Rachel, Corsair, etc. And also Magneto, Xavier, Mystique, Fantomex, Magik, Rogue... If you think about it, the Summers/Greys are the Skywalkers of the X-Men, so you need to get them right, plus all the people related to them, like Mr. Sinister. They should completely ignore Nate the Cuck though.

In the land of the Blind, the One-Eyed man is King.

:rotfl :rotfl

The ONE thing you want is for them to nail the casting for TWELVE characters. Even for the MCU, that'd be quite the feat. :lol

As for Cable, it's the same issue with casting any big, hulking character - there are few (if any) quality actors out there with that kind of physique.

:rotfl :rotfl

The ONE thing you want is for them to nail the casting for TWELVE characters.

If I want one thing from the MCU X-Men, it's that they perfectly cast
gary-oldman-everyone-gif.gif
:lol ;)

EA42mJJXYAEzxWF_(2).jpg

As for Cable, it's the same issue with casting any big, hulking character - there are few (if any) quality actors out there with that kind of physique.
Sure, but like I said, there are 6'3" actors who, with some camera tricks could appear 6'5"+. There's no reason why Alexander Skarsgard couldn't pull it off:

a474c67722579474d7daed2a3a85c981

Heck, Captain Britain is a Big Guy too. He's around 6'5" IIRC.

betsy-brian.jpg

You just need to adjust the heights a bit. Guys like Cable get a 6'3" guy plus some camera tricks. Guys like Cyclops, Magneto and Sinister, are in the 6'0"-6'1" area. Wolverine can be played by a kid with glued-on sideburns... The comics are barely consistent themselves, anyhow, you just need some rough guidelines. Does this look like a 5 inch difference ?

36150cc8adc54d65c91c33ad1a500863.jpg

You just have to make sure that there is a noticeable difference. Now, characters like Apocalypse and Juggernaut will need CGI, period.

Sure, but like I said, there are 6'3" actors who, with some camera tricks could appear 6'5"+. There's no reason why Alexander Skarsgard couldn't pull it off:

a474c67722579474d7daed2a3a85c981

Yes, he's a good actor and he could easily be made to appear 6'5", but that doesn't automatically make him right for the role. I won't pretend to be that familiar with the Cable of the comics, but a blue-eyed, blond Swedish guy isn't the first thing that comes to mind.

Yes, he's a good actor and he could easily be made to appear 6'5", but that doesn't automatically make him right for the role. I won't pretend to be that familiar with the Cable of the comics, but a blue-eyed, blond Swedish guy isn't the first thing that comes to mind.
I don't see how he's not a good fit. Cable AKA Nathan is literally a blue-eyed, white-haired grizzled yet conventionally handsome guy. His official hair colour is light brown. He is Cyclops' and Maddie's/Jean's son.

056cbl_com_inl_03.jpg

Skarsgard is a good actor, he's got the look, so I don't see the problem. I'm not saying that it's my one-in-a-lifetime fancast, just that it could work. If anything, I've fancasted him as Captain Britain.

meggan07.jpg

Not that I'd mind someone like, say, Charlie Hunman or Travvis Fimmel. But Skarsgard's got the look.

Alexander-Bill-Skarsgard-Pictures.jpg

I brought him as an example of getting 6'3" or so guys for the 6'8" characters, 6'0" or so guys for the 6'0"-6'2" characters, and so on and so forth. Armie Hammer's a tall guy and good enough actor, too. He could give it a shot. Between TMFU and Free Fire, I could see him as Cable. Hell, Nathan's not even as gruff as people think.

armie-hammer.jpg

tumblr_mzc24hEUUS1s9xdupo6_500.png

There is also a guy called X-Man, who's Nathan's AU counterpart and goes by Nate. He's an awful character with cuck fantasies, and so we never talk about him.

I don't see how he's not a good fit. Cable AKA Nathan is literally a blue-eyed, white-haired grizzled yet conventionally handsome guy. His official hair colour is light brown. He is Cyclops' and Maddie's/Jean's son.

Skarsgard is a good actor, he's got the look, so I don't see the problem. I'm not saying that it's my one-in-a-lifetime fancast, just that it could work.

I brought him as an example of getting 6'3" or so guys for the 6'8" characters, 6'0" or so guys for the 6'0"-6'2" characters, and so on and so forth.

Like I said, I'm not that up on Cable in the comics, but you refer to him as grizzled, which is NOT a word I'd use to describe any of AS's previous characters. That's not to say he couldn't pull it off, but IMO he's not an obvious choice. If he hadn't already been wasted in Ragnarok, I would suggest Karl Urban.

Like I said, I'm not that up on Cable in the comics, but you refer to him as grizzled, which is NOT a word I'd use to describe any of AS's previous characters. That's not to say he couldn't pull it off, but IMO he's not an obvious choice.
Yeah, fair points. Like I said, he's my pick for Braddock at the moment. I just brought him up as an example of tall actors who are good enough to pull off a convincing performance. Casting mountains like Cable as people like Brolin just doesn't work. Although I think it's Cable's white hair that throws you off. He's serious and reserved on the surface, but he's no Punisher. He's around his 40s or so. I'm mostly going off AS's Generation Kill role:
tenor.gif

And he was pretty intense in Little Big Lies. But yeah, I get that you're imagining someone less "pretty boy" and more rugged. A taller and younger Kurt Russell for example. That'd fit better. Eh, at the end of the day, I stopped caring about Muties Post-Uncanny X-Force, and whatever peek I've taken at their recent books has left me disgusted, so... I could be tricked by nostalgia into buying some HT figures if they're well cast, but I don't really care all that much. Honestly, I just like fancasting and making charts...

If he hadn't already been wasted in Ragnarok, I would suggest Karl Urban.
God, Urban was wasted on that flick. Maybe they can reuse him somewhere down the line. They are reusing Gemma Chan... Maybe a role where he wears a mask or something?

I think all of these delay openings is going to hurt DC as it gets farther away from Joker while helping build hype for MCU.

Yep. In 2019 WW was riding the wave of the Todd Phillips Jokerverse but now it's more connected to the Imagine-There's-No-Heaven-For-Your-Grandma-Who-Just-Died-Of-Coronavirusverse, lol.

Back