The Apple thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, iOS 8 launches today. It will be available at different times for different people. Also, expect some slow download times. ;)

iPhone prices unsubsidized and subsidized should be the same, it's all a matter of whether part of the cost is hidden from you. Prices in Canada are $75 to about $130 more than the same models in US for subsidized and unsubsidized (subsidized are $5 (high end) to $25 (low end) less than unsub for some reason). 2 year plans that include subsidy are all also very expensive, starting at $75 or so per month.

I won't pay more than $30 ALL -IN for mobile service per month. Leaves my choices quite limited. Right now I spend about $100-120 per year on voice-only. I'd love to switch to data-only but haven't found the plan I feel is just right. There are no good pay as you go data plans in North America as a whole that I know of. And I also which the iOS allowed third party access to the messages and dialer app to seamlessly integrate a VoIP service.

5g to update. geez!

What did you expect, monster update..anyway it looks good so far and this on my old iPad 2 :wink1: I like the new features for the iPhoto

I can just imagine this will look fantastic on the iPhone 6 plus

FYI guys it's just features so don't expect an entire new home screen :lecture

What did you expect, monster update..anyway it looks good so far and this on my old iPad 2 :wink1: I like the new features for the iPhoto

I can just imagine this will look fantastic on the iPhone 6 plus

FYI guys it's just features so don't expect an entire new home screen :lecture

I dunno, suddenly my 16 gig seems a bit tiny. :lol Looking forward to the update after work though. Had to make some room.

I like the new features for the iPhoto

You mean the revised built-in "Photos" app, right? Because the iPhoto app was discontinued and isn't even available on the store anymore (awesome for people who can't update to iOS 8 - not). The built-in Photos app is supposed to better integrate new features to replace the stand-alone iPhoto app (which also previously cost money).

You mean the revised built-in "Photos" app, right? Because the iPhoto app was discontinued and isn't even available on the store anymore (awesome for people who can't update to iOS 8 - not). The built-in Photos app is supposed to better integrate new features to replace the stand-alone iPhoto app (which also previously cost money).

Yeah sorry about that..photo app..
It's nice if you double tap the home you see the last contacts you had whether text, email or called as well as seeing how many apps are open

At least for me, probably the smoothest update I ever made on an iPad, iPhone. Synced everything quick, much sleeker than the IOS 7, but then again IOS 7 or 6 I can't remember now it's so long ago :lol anyway, that update changed the home screen completely so I can understand that was a more tedious upgrade.

That photo app is great, so many options now, ideal for the iPhone 6 camera..

Have to wait a few more months for an iPhone 6 eligibility though :impatient:

But for those who can get an upgrade to iPhone 6 or 6s are going to have a blast

It didn't take very long to update my wife's iPad via iTunes. Didn't check the size of the download, but from screenshots online form other people's updates, it looks to be under 2GB.

Probably took about three hours total for me to download and install IOS8. Had to delete stuff to get the necessary 4.6 GB to download IOS8, but now I have 9 GB free?

Probably took about three hours total for me to download and install IOS8. Had to delete stuff to get the necessary 4.6 GB to download IOS8, but now I have 9 GB free?

Wow, feel for you..too bad :panic: what phone do you have and how many gigs originally

If you're doing a device-based upgrade, as opposed to iTunes, then you need enough space for a complete download (compressed) and enough space to uncompress and install. That's a lot more space than the initial download and a lot more space than the final footprint. 3 hours still seems a lot longer than expected, but I expect that must include an iCloud backup too.

If you're doing a device-based upgrade, as opposed to iTunes, then you need enough space for a complete download (compressed) and enough space to uncompress and install. That's a lot more space than the initial download and a lot more space than the final footprint. 3 hours still seems a lot longer than expected, but I expect that must include an iCloud backup too.

I can wrap my head around that. TY.

Wow, feel for you..too bad :panic: what phone do you have and how many gigs originally

Have a 64 GB 5. I remember when I originally ordered it I asked people on this forum why anyone would need a 128 GB phone. :lol. Now I know why.

I can wrap my head around that. TY.

Yeah, that makes sense.

Have a 64 GB 5. I remember when I originally ordered it I asked people on this forum why anyone would need a 128 GB phone. :lol. Now I know why.

I have a 64g 5 too, strange you must have a lot of stuff, because I still have a lot of space left

Back