The 3A Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah, these figures are all kinds of awesome. the smaller stuff is fast becoming my favorite (at least this week). this past month i have picked up:

dropcloths: commando, liberator, panda
armstrongs: gerry, monet, mod, floyd
large martins: aussie, panda, red, sanddevil
shadowbleak mission
tk pathfinder
jungle grunt

i think the wwrp is fast becoming my favorite. i can't wait to grab some berties and brambles to go with them.

man, that is awesome. the zombs look so freaking cool. i have yet to pick one up and i'm afraid if i do it will become a full-blown army building addiction.

man, that is awesome. the zombs look so freaking cool. i have yet to pick one up and i'm afraid if i do it will become a full-blown army building addiction.

I'd be glad to share some tips this weekend and take some pictures if anyone wants some pointers to get started customizing. Now is a good time to get Zombs because the market is going to get a good batch of the replacements and originals due to the replacements arriving. I expect many people won't feel the need to keep both sets. i painted the 2.0 set, and am keeping the 2.1 set clean. I've actually named a few of the custom Zombs because they just seem to exude personality. I used spray paint and painted with sponges mostly. My wife's worn out makeup sponges are excellent paint applicators. I've done zombs in various shades of greens and blues and one that resembles Korma, because I figure I'll never get him. Most people "dry brush" with brushes obviously, but dry sponging is an easier shortcut.
I also love Zombs because they almost beg for the cool accessories that you have saved, but don't know how you are going to use them. They're a comedic blank slate. :lol

yeah, drizz, would love to see your work. i never get tired of seeing peeps' threea customizing.

yeah, drizz, would love to see your work. i never get tired of seeing peeps' threea customizing.

Will do! I'm almost done with the 4 or 5 I'm working on. my favorite so far is I think a Zomb I call "Nail", oh and I also customized an Ankou Shadow Security. (I have 2 and didn't want them to be exactly the same.)

from the new vox, really like the new little shadow:

shadowand_sec.jpg

Bummer the Ankou from that set isn't being shown which means the shipment of the set is still fairly far off.

APTK HG in the house!
Usual awesome service from OSB :yess:

What an amazing little figure, can't wait to get home and set him up with the Armstrongs.

Suddenly it hit me what that smell is when you open a 3A pack. Its the same as creosote that you paint on wood. Maybe they use it to do the weathering on the figures.

APTK HG in the house!
Usual awesome service from OSB :yess:

What an amazing little figure, can't wait to get home and set him up with the Armstrongs.

Suddenly it hit me what that smell is when you open a 3A pack. Its the same as creosote that you paint on wood. Maybe they use it to do the weathering on the figures.

I hope not, that stuff is carcinogenic. :(

That stink is a big part of the new 3A fig experience though. :lol It's funny how a smell can bring back memories. Opening a new 3A figure makes you remember all the other stuff you have... Damn, I just figured out how Ash got us addicted to 3A.

On another note, that shadow HS is very cute! If the dress was a tight knee length cut the figure would be ten times better imo.

Last edited:
Back