The 3A Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
been a long time since anyone cared about ash wood toys.... but hanging out waiting for the drop like the old days.

boy 3a thread has gone real quiet. and i though i could snatch up some 1/6 NOMs cheao.

Yeah it has, unfortunately Facebook is where all the majority of activity is. I don't do Facebook though.

The head sculpt is a nice improvement over the Tomorrow Queens, but I don't like those hips.

I took a real interest in Underverse figures recently, but I dislike ordering from China now, since many Chinese shipping services started using SpeedX, a low cost courier to do final delivery in the US. They've built a bad reputation for marking packages as 'delivered', but actually either leaving them on the street at night to be stolen or not delivering at all. So many reports of this online and it happened to me recently with a $300 figure being marked as delivered at 10pm to our gated apartment block. Giantoy were kind enough to ship me another via a different service due to how many issues they've had with the courier already. My ThreeA Yum Zia just shipped from ebay via SpeedX and my heart sank. Underverse cannot confirm if SpeedX will be used for my preorders and said they cannot offer an insurance options, so I may have to cancel all of them, which is a huge shame, as I just love their current stuff so much.

Last edited:
I had lots of experiences with packages marked as delivered but placed outside of our fence yard, essentially on the public sidewalk and stolen. However this was done by USPS, FedEx, Amazon (a lot) and UPS. I even made a sign instructing that all packages must be placed inside the yard. Not sure if it's a just impatience from a looming corporate directive or totally a lack of common sense on part of the individual. I'm personally more inclined to think the latter.

With regard to these foreign parcel companies, for me the endpoint carrier is typically USPS. The only issue I've personally ever had with 3A (over the years) and now UV, is no notifications to the package being shipped. I think they might attach the tracking # on the order under you account though.

I had lots of experiences with packages marked as delivered but placed outside of our fence yard, essentially on the public sidewalk and stolen. However this was done by USPS, FedEx, Amazon (a lot) and UPS. I even made a sign instructing that all packages must be placed inside the yard. Not sure if it's a just impatience from a looming corporate directive or totally a lack of common sense on part of the individual. I'm personally more inclined to think the latter.

With regard to these foreign parcel companies, for me the endpoint carrier is typically USPS. The only issue I've personally ever had with 3A (over the years) and now UV, is no notifications to the package being shipped. I think they might attach the tracking # on the order under you account though.
Sorry to hear you've had problems with the other services. We live in an apartment complex with a mailroom and in the five years of living here, UPS, Fedex, USPS and Amazon have never failed to deliver to the mailroom. SpeedX are my first experience of a package not getting to me. It seems they started operating late in 2022 and are now used by 4PX, Yanwen and some other companies. Kit from OSK said he's had some problems with them, as have Giantoy, which is why they shipped me another figure, despite the tracking saying Delivered. I think if you're in a house and can actively look out for a delivery, it's fine, but you're totally out of luck if you're a few floors up in a complex, they leave it on the street at 10pm and notify you two days later. Wish UV would just allow me to pay to pick a service or at least to insure. I have over 1k of preorders with them and don't want to just let one ship first, hoping it isn't with SpeedX.

Your situation is definitely a bit more complicated for sure. I sometimes wonder if these delivery people might steal these packages and just mark them as delivered? Since the boxes usually have descriptive text on the outside of the brown shipper box, they can just easily check online for the aftermarket value and scalp them on ebay.

Last edited:
Luckily the Ebay seller was extremely kind, intercepted the package while it was already in transit and cancelled for me! I've had to pay more to buy Yum Ziya from someone else because her value rose as soon as Momo was announced, but they are sending via UPS. I'm relieved. I'll share pics once she arrives, seeing as this thread is lacking in recent UV/ThreeA action.

What you said reminded me that this isn't the first time I've not received something! I'd forgotten I was one of the people who had my PS5 stolen by FedEx a couple of years ago. PS5s going 'out for delivery' and never being delivered was a huge issue, particularly at our local FedEx. Can't believe I forgot that!

With SpeedX, it's definitely laziness. People have shared tracking info online with Proof of Delivery photos showing packages dumped in random places like park benches. Sometimes outside the person's house, but at night and on porches even though the house lights are on, so they obviously don't bother to even knock and let people know!

Last edited:

maybe some delivery man have their buddies on standby. few bad apples.

So happy to have Yum Ziya in my collection! She's a fantastic looking figure. Shame I had to spend quite a lot extra to avoid Speedx delivering her, but it was worth it. Two days ago, I found a package from Speedx for another resident of our building, dumped in public view below a sign on the gate that says "Please do NOT leave packages here" with an arrow pointing in the direction of the mailroom. 😒

PXL_20230416_141950231.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20230416_141540064.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20230416_141540064.PORTRAIT.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20230416_141606477.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20230416_141606477.PORTRAIT.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Yum is a very nice figure, production piece looks fairly exact to the prototype. I'm definitely looking forward to Momo being released.

Back