The 3A Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been seeing Red Devil Sham's picture posting left right center. Seems like this so call secret random drop item has a much higher volume made than I have guessed.
Still a cool looking product but I'd better prefer a glossy red suit instead.

Red Devil Sham was not really a secret or random drop, it was just 3AA-only drop.

The rare one is "poop" mood Lady Sham, who was made exclusively for a Toy Show.

Shogun seems to have several versions....Ash said a "7Bones Shogun" is coming too.

Last edited:
Red Devil Sham was not really a secret or random drop, it was just 3AA-only drop.

The rare one is "poop" mood Lady Sham, who was made exclusively for a Toy Show.

Shogun seems to have several versions....Ash said a "7Bones Shogun" is coming too.

It is a 3AA only secret drop. All the more reason for having lesser volume as compares to other opened for all secret drop.

SHOGUN

squidsack.jpg

:yess:

MUST.

BUY.

:horror :clap :clap :clap

I don't care so much about limited quantity. I collect just for fun, not in hopes of flipping for big money because the item is rare.

I see all the secrets, chases and rares on eBay so I know some 3AA is only for resellers. That is lame to me.

Yeah Red Sham seems like it is probably more seen than White Sham and you can tell by the Ebay prices. People aren't jumping for Red Sham at all.

I don't care so much about limited quantity. I collect just for fun, not in hopes of flipping for big money because the item is rare.

I see all the secrets, chases and rares on eBay so I know some 3AA is only for resellers. That is lame to me.

Forget it if you plan to flip 3A stuffs for good profit. That time frame is over. Even when you try to sell your stuffs at retail, they may not move.

I think it has come to a saturation point. Whoever collects 3A merchandise are either 3AA or they will keep themselves informed and buy via the official site. New collectors has a plethora of choices at various sources to obtain the toys they missed. And because so many are selling, the price are very competitive.

Even for some OG stuffs, they are "re-released" in some other form but still keeping the overall geez of the design. Only the most a.nal collectors must have those OG stuffs as is. A.nal collectors contribute to a very small percentage of the overall collecting community.

I'm querying, with my original post, on what is the qty made for a secret drop like Red Sham. It doesn't seem as limited as one wants to believe. I love to own collectibles which are limited or hard to get as it make a collection a little bit more special. And it'll be icing on the cake if that limited item is something I like as well.
Remember an online shop is even offering her up for pre-order. How can it be possible if it is 3AA only secret and limited to 1 per account?. With this Red Sham phenomenon, secret drops has just lost some of it's meaning to me.

Most 1/6 companies don't release their production run numbers, so to me, this kind of speculation is self-defeating.

I understand that "limited" run items have an appeal, but unless you know exactly how many items were sold, it doesn't really make sense to be overly concerned that item "x" is "more limited" or "less limited" than item "y" or whatever.

Besides, what ultimately drives collector value of an item (not just monetary, but intrinsically) is the demand for the item, as much as the rarity.

If a toy is limited, but no one wants it, what is the interest or value then?

threeA isn't the biggest company out there. The way they do their sales is clever in creating the illusion of rarity, but I do believe their products in general are more limited than other companies...

ThreeA seem much more limited as it's a buy then and there or miss out affair.

As far as the numbers being limited oer run of figure, no one knows but i'd say since they only have a 24hr window on most then it's whatever order amount comes in during that time that denotes production run, meaning it'll be less than a figure that is available for sale up until release.

I'm in the same train of thought as you are Nova. Given the Red Sham are probably up about 3-4 mins of all its appearances combined, you don't need a rocket scientist to estimate it total run qty.
But the amount of sightings I've witness seems to suggest just about everyone else has a Red Sham in hand.

Some of the early figures had specific numbers. Like the 1/6 White Engineer Armstrong I believe there's only 40 of 'em.

I agree with gunm that the speculation though is somewhat pointless as there's literally no way to know and guessing is likely based on incredibly incomplete and thus incorrect information. It's not unlike the endless speculation how much toys "should" cost. It's a pointless discussion because there's not actually any information to discuss.

Well, if you want to knock yourself out believing that there are "too many" Red Shams made, or that there's some kind of scam on threeA's part of making more than you think they are supposed to, then that's ok with me.

You guys are free to sell me your overstocked, fake limited Red Shams at or below the 3AA cost. :D

I am all for a market where the figures I want to buy and play with are very cheap and easy to obtain and enjoy. :)

All valid points.

Anyway I just felt that secret drop has lost some meaning to me. I used to chase down every secret drop but don't think I'm gonna do that anymore.
However, has to admit that chasing those drops was really quite fun. Just not sure what to expect doing that in G3A if it is something I really wanted.

hey guys,

newbie here in regards to 3A figures. I am doing so much research and I cant seem to grasp the answer. So are there any other websites that sell 3A figures? or do pre-orders other than 3A's own webstore? because there is NOTHING there even to see.

**also i want to take the time here to ask you gurus of the scale problems in 3A toys. So you know they have a 1/6 and 1/12 scale system for their figures. I have heard that figures that are 1/12, have serious issues such as not being able to take off the helmet or having less details on their items such as shoes gloves, etc. Another important point I want to stress is the reviewers say the 1/12 scale seriously hinders its ability to pose some cool pose. please let me know thanks all!

Welcome to 3A.

Most figures are sold through 3A's own website, which is now www.gallerythreea.com.

Occassionally they will have "retail exclusive" items and licensed products like "Real Steel", "Metal Gear Solid", and "Halo" that you can find at specially toy stores like SSC, BBTS, and others.

I own 1/6 and 1/12 figures, and of course, the details and articulation are better at the larger scale. However, I feel like 1/12 is actually a better scale to "play" with the figures and really have fun with them, whereas 1/6 is more for display due to the size and the extra details.

ThreeA's 1/12 designs are funtional enough where you should be pretty satisfied with how they move despite any limitations.

Ash just posted a teaser for the 1/12 AK Ten Finger Gang AP figs today:

pocketgangbang.jpg

Also a new colorway for the 1/6 Bot Sniper, apparently a Deep Powder one!

deepsniper.jpg

Last edited:
Grabbed this guy today.. Damn, only 3 weeks in to 3A collecting and already broke my bots only rule. lol!

grunt_zpsd17486b2.jpg

Back