The 3A Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So you know they have a 1/6 and 1/12 scale system for their figures. I have heard that figures that are 1/12, have serious issues such as not being able to take off the helmet or having less details on their items such as shoes gloves, etc. Another important point I want to stress is the reviewers say the 1/12 scale seriously hinders its ability to pose some cool pose. please let me know thanks all!

Helmet are not meant to be taken out, 1/6 or 1/12, for some of 3A's design and the de Plumes are one of them (if not the only ones at the moment). I believe the 1/12 WarZomb had a fixed on helmet as well but cannot confirm since I don't own any (but will soon when my dark sarge arrives :)). There is no 1/6 version of the WarZomb yet so not sure if the design dictates so.

Detail wise, I would dare say 3A made some of the best detailed 1/12 figures out there. Of course it can't be compare to 1/6 in totality but you can find something to complain about if you really scrutinize and nitpick.
Fragility is a concern when you shrink a 1/6 robot hands to 1/12, and keeping all fingers articulations, it can be tricky to pose them fingers without the risk of breaking some of them. But with care in mind, it should be fine.

They also pose almost as well as the 1/6.
These are 1/12 :

WWRpGEBIdePLUME03.jpg

WWRpGEBIdePLUME02.jpg

WWRpKUANTIPLUME03.jpg

If I don't say it here, it is easy to think they are in fact 1/6.

Helmet are not meant to be taken out, 1/6 or 1/12, for some of 3A's design and the de Plumes are one of them (if not the only ones at the moment). I believe the 1/12 WarZomb had a fixed on helmet as well but cannot confirm since I don't own any (but will soon when my dark sarge arrives :)). There is no 1/6 version of the WarZomb yet so not sure if the design dictates so.

Detail wise, I would dare say 3A made some of the best detailed 1/12 figures out there. Of course it can't be compare to 1/6 in totality but you can find something to complain about if you really scrutinize and nitpick.
Fragility is a concern when you shrink a 1/6 robot hands to 1/12, and keeping all fingers articulations, it can be tricky to pose them fingers without the risk of breaking some of them. But with care in mind, it should be fine.

They also pose almost as well as the 1/6.
These are 1/12 :

WWRpGEBIdePLUME03.jpg

WWRpGEBIdePLUME02.jpg

WWRpKUANTIPLUME03.jpg

If I don't say it here, it is easy to think they are in fact 1/6.

i see....do you happen to know when threeA will have stuff for sale again on their site?

Pics from Beast Kingdom Toys Taiwan retailer, who already have Ankou EX (these guys are 14.5" tall) on the display:

Last edited:
Nice score on the DIY Grunt. I love grunt figures, but am mostly picking up pieces to make custom grunts.

Were the DIY figures the same retail price as the regular painted figures? I think it's an awesome concept; I wish the DIY Grunts and Dropcloths were still available.

i see....do you happen to know when threeA will have stuff for sale again on their site?

If there is someone to advice on ThreeA things, Gimbat will be the one.
As he have mentioned, check ThreeA Online Blog for updates on sales schedule.

Speaking of sale, I was hoping we'd see official word about next week's sale by now.

Hopefully there will be something tonight.

Hopefully it will just be KDA because I'm overbudget for toys this month, lol.

I'm in for Shogun, Mumb, and the DP Sniper. Oh and I got my foot VERY happy I didn't just avoid getting the one color I didn't want (leopard) but got the one I wanted the most.

8015594721_05550499d4_b.jpg

Nice score on the DIY Grunt. I love grunt figures, but am mostly picking up pieces to make custom grunts.

Were the DIY figures the same retail price as the regular painted figures? I think it's an awesome concept; I wish the DIY Grunts and Dropcloths were still available.

Hey thanks man! Not sure in the price difference as I'm really new to 3a, but I paid 185 out the door for this guy. They made a DIY drop cloth too huh? Interesting...

I'm still tossing around the idea of dirtying him up, but I do like the all white "stormtrooper" look too.

Don't dirty him up!

I have the ap blanco tk and I really wish he was clean...of course, your taste may vary. Just really think about it before you do it.

Charkin sale 10/1 9am HK time.

3AA only. :(

Any 3AA member willing to sell me theirs? :D PM Me!

charkinweb.jpg
'

Edit: TK KDA Sale 9/29 9am HK time, per official 3A blog...

Last edited:
does anyone know why the BBICN Tomorrow King Pathfinder OYA TK ONO 1/6 and the Tomorrow King Kyoku are not popular and price remains low after such a long time release? I mean I personally like it alot....while some other Tomorrow King costs about 1000 each...any ideas?

I bought both pathfinder and Kyoku, is it stupid??? guys??

does anyone know why the BBICN Tomorrow King Pathfinder OYA TK ONO 1/6 and the Tomorrow King Kyoku are not popular and price remains low after such a long time release? I mean I personally like it alot....while some other Tomorrow King costs about 1000 each...any ideas?

I bought both pathfinder and Kyoku, is it stupid??? guys??

The TK's are awesome figures so top purchase, the reason why others are at such a premium is the rarity....some were produced in very low numbers, circa 22, so that drives up the price but the more recent 7 Bones TK's and pathfinder were made based on the demand.

The TK's are awesome figures so top purchase, the reason why others are at such a premium is the rarity....some were produced in very low numbers, circa 22, so that drives up the price but the more recent 7 Bones TK's and pathfinder were made based on the demand.

thanks for the explaining it to me. I really like the TK's with yellow hair :( and orange hair T_T....they look so cool...:monkey2

If Shogun hadn't been shown I'd probably be getting a KDA on the 29th. Instead I think I'd MUCH rather get two Shoguns than a Shogun and a KDA.

I want to do one Shogun without armor and one with. Maybe even take the armor from the one without and use it to make more armor for the one with.

Back