The 3A Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only out if you're Ashley Wood. Those are his pics from the newsletter.

280.00 is a more manageable price than $330. Will try to remember to pick up membership this year. Guess its a pass on Zaku for me.

There may be more Zaku colors and variants down the road if this one does well, which I'm guessing it will.

Yeah this is what I was waiting for and at $330...I just cant do it. Sucks cause I really wanted this Zaku. I know some people say it doesnt look like a zaku, but I like that its a different interpretation of the traditional Zaku. The Zakus are one of my fav designs in Gundam and I think 3A did a great job...just my opinion. Regardless I just wish it wasnt $330. I actually put it in the cart and was filling out the order info and just couldnt complete it.

Is there confirmation there would be other colourways or variants. Lots of ppl on the 3A forum say there would only be one version.

No there's no confirmation. Ash said somewhere that it's possible but nothing is confirmed at all yet so it's just as possible it won't happen.

isn't zaku a test case for ash's mazinger? (zaku sells well, then lead to gundam, then mazinger)

Anyways, I pass on the zaku. High price, two eyes.... just cant pull the trigger.

I would love to see Wood's take on Mazinger. I liked the overall look of his Zaku, but to lose that cyclops eye, wasn't a Zaku to me. I'll have to pass on this one.
I'm looking forward to re-upping for 3AA!

isn't zaku a test case for ash's mazinger? (zaku sells well, then lead to gundam, then mazinger)

Anyways, I pass on the zaku. High price, two eyes.... just cant pull the trigger.

I believe Manzinger IS next and there will be more Zakus if Zaku sells well. This is all the info directly from Ash:

Ashley about 3A Zaku, which will be up for sale January 6th, 9:00AM Hong-Kong time at www.bambalandstore.com and the price is: 330$
only one edition for now, I have no others in the works, we have to see how this goes sales wise
Ill have shots of the final version over the weekend I believe
price is 330 usd , costs a lot to make and Bandai has to be paid first!

Commenting on the price and more versions:
yea, as its not our IP, and a team up between two companies etc, lots of stuff is outta our hands here at 3A etc.
I have no idea how it will do, bit Im happy to have on
never know, maybe they will be, who knows how they will sell. Some have asked if euro or US shops wil have them, thats a no as we dont the right to sell in the US Europe etc

On how many will be offered:
i think thats fine, these are being made to order !

MAZINGER is coming as well!
"im too busy with Mazinger ~"
"i dont mess when Mazinger is concerned, i have a Gundam idea, gotta see if anyone wants Zaku !"

So Im guessing if the Zaku does really well then it would be easy enough to change up the shoulders and weapons up a bit and you'd basically have a Gouf. I went back today to see if it was sold out yet and I almost gave in, but I keep looking at that price tag and I just cant do it.

I hate the thought of having to pay $ 330 up front when the item won't ship until May, or possibly later....

Thats what I was thinking...if I didnt have to pay it up front. As someone else noted, its really to bad Sideshow isnt getting this or I'd flex pay it for sure.

Yeah paying up front still sucks but I get why.

The upside is that when the toy finally does ship it feels like you got it for free since you paid for it so long ago.

Back