The 1989 Batman Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1989 Batman Collection

My favorite things, were of course all the clothing, but I love the trading cards, the ones pictured above the factory sets, they have awesome gloss and a different card stock. I have 3 sets of each series. 1 sealed boxed, 1 factory set in album, 1 set of the regular wax pack cards in album.

I have a seald Batman cereal with bank in my Detolf, everytime I walk by it, I think I should try it. I loved that cereal. I was a kid that hated to eat in the morning and the only way I would eat was if the cereal was from a movie, or cartoon or a crazy gimmick. Batman, and the NERDS cereal I ate like a pig.

I remember in Christmas of '89 I got every single toy biz Batman figure and vehicle except for Batman himself because my parents couldn't find one

:lol

my mom did find one a few weeks after Christmas, but those few weeks without a Batman figure I used Bob the Goon as batman, and let me tell you that took some imagination. lol

A lot of what I have has already been posted by others (thought I might be the only one who kept that WB Store flyer. Damn you, Batty :lol) So here a few quick iPhone pics I just snapped...

Movie novelization audiobook cassette (read by Roddy McDowall!) I have the book as well

The SE tin of the Prince soundtrack. This one I still have sealed.

Bunch of magazines I picked up around the time of the film's release. (To realize just how much more stuff is these days the Official Movie Magazine was only $2.95 in 1989! Today it would be at least $9.99, which incidentally was the price of the Making of Harcover book in '89!)

'89 Batarang I'm working on (unfinished).

Listening to Roddy McDowall read the novelization must be great! I didn't even know it was available as an audiobook. I have the HC of the book, but I think it was only available as a Book-of-the-Month Club edition. I'm not sure... mine is packed away.

I might take a trip back to my storage unit sometime this week. All this talk makes me want to dig out more of my Batman stuff.

I also had the comic when I was a kid... one I read over and over as it was really well drawn (at least I seem to remember it was) and it had a few bits (like the money being fake in the crowd scene, and Nox being mistaken for Batman at the end) that were not in the movie.

Well....for me.... I got the Billiken model kits from Japan... Two version of the Batman and one of the Joker. It's 1/6 scale. But the one that is my all time FAV, is the Bronze Batman statue by DC, sculpted by Randy Bowen...limited edition of 250. The statue was released at the time of the first Batman movie... 1989...Burton/Keaton/Nicholson. I put up some pics... love to share it with you guys....
Cheers...

bronzebatman003bcopysof.jpg

bronzebatmanb2copysoft.jpg

collections001sharpenco.jpg

Last edited:

I also had the comic when I was a kid... one I read over and over as it was really well drawn (at least I seem to remember it was) and it had a few bits (like the money being fake in the crowd scene, and Nox being mistaken for Batman at the end) that were not in the movie.

Yep, that is a great comic adaptation.

untitled-8.jpg

MovieSpecial.jpg

BatmanMovie1989ComicAdaptation.jpg

week001f.jpg

week001h.jpg

I still have the Batcave with box, Batmobile, Batwing, Batman, Joker and bob figures. I let my son play with them. BTW, notice the cereal is made by Ralston of Ralston Purina...the dog food company...?!

WOW awesome pics from back in the day ...Are some of you hoarders? just kidding guys way to restore those memories ha ha... love the coke commercial still have my vhs copy with daffy duck n bugs , and alfred in his coke commercial .......

1_f78a464d95e7f70bb80b55bcc348a342.jpg

1_b05a1aa63d3dbfb14458c65503ac013f.jpg

Anyone have these? My wife bought me a set two years ago for Christmas. They're amazing tin wind-up toys from Japan. The story goes that Jack Nicholson liked his likeness so much for this toy that he bought one for each member of his family.

Just think how many Hot Toys he'll be sending out...

The only think I still have is this clock that I bought after the movie was released.

DSCN0293.jpg

The comic book adaptation of the movie was / is BRILLIANT. :clap:clap:clap

I'm biased though.. I LOVE the 89 film - it's the benchmark.

Wow seeing those comics brought back some memories...might have to see if I can find them on eBay.

From my personal '89 Batman collection...

target_bat.jpg

It's funny to think that, at one point in my pre-teen life, I actually took the time out of my day to cut this out and save it. Like, it was important to me. :lol

Speaking of odd choices, I love how Target featured Bob so prominently. The Joker is nowhere to be found, but Bob the Goon? Right up front, baby. :monkey1

From my personal '89 Batman collection...

target_bat.jpg

It's funny to think that, at one point in my pre-teen life, I actually took the time out of my day to cut this out and save it. Like, it was important to me. :lol

Speaking of odd choices, I love how Target featured Bob so prominently. The Joker is nowhere to be found, but Bob the Goon? Right up front, baby. :monkey1

That is awesome! I actually remember that ad. Thanks for sharing. :hi5:

I love the old stuff. Keep them coming.

Back