That one figure you love....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A custom character I've poured nearly a thousand dollars into for about the last 7 years and still isn't finished. When she's done, you won't have a clue where the money went.

Here she is about 20% done:
1_6_scale_reiko_wip1_by_action_figure_opera-d5sn2o8.jpg

Here's a concept mash up:
concept_mashup_by_action_figure_opera-d6ave8s.jpg

Damn... She is pretty...that face is s damn pretty...

That face mold is used on ZWCO's Black Wolf Sniper, and by Magic Cube's SOCF CST Female Soldier.

the_head_by_action_figure_opera-d6b5bgb.jpg

It might be hard to tell from these pictures that they're the same mold, but they are. The flesh tone is also identical, despite what the photos might suggest. The head in my progress photo was taken from ZCWO's Black Wolf sniper, and I have 2 extra heads from the SOCF female soldier just in case anything happens. They're exactly the same once you strip the hair and paint.

And by the way, in my concept mash-up collage, the left side drawing with the red vest and green pants - I used a real model's face, with her permission ;)

To know a model that good must be an honor... :) ... Cheers

t600_1.jpg

I would say this is my favourite that I own. Oddly I didn't like it at first. It was one of the first figures I bought, I took it out of the box, for some reason decided I didn't like it, put it back in the box and told myself I'd sell it. Then about a year went by, I unpacked it, put it on display (just to add some variety) and there's it's remained. I really don't understand why I didn't like it at first but now I find myself looking at it more than any other figure. I like the size, the design, the clothing, I find it all just perfect. I only wish I'd bought the other versions too.

For not being obsessive about it I would say Hot Toys Reeve Superman, MMS152.

There's probably no such thing as the perfect figure and I'm sure those who are more hardcore than I about Superman and Reeve could probably find something off but I love that figure for everything it represents and the way you can listen to the Williams score while looking at it and be totally immersed.

Being as I am obsessive about Terminator I didn't choose one of them as I can always find a flaw or flaws that bug me. Though the closest to perfection would be the Enterbay 1:4 Battle-damaged T-800

Back