Thanos and Mistress Death Polystone Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my #31 today. I'm pretty stoked with it. No broken shield and they did cut the styrofoam on my box. It travelled a long way to get here in OZ in one piece. There is a very small paint chip on one of lady death's head but I think I will just touch it up wih some grey paint and it should be right, otherwise i'll just leave it as is. Gauntlet lights up fine. Had a bit of trouble getting the SS's board to line up. Is the peg on the Silver Surfer's board supposed to be slightly bent? If not I may ask to get a replacement.

Is this piece worth it to get? The price is pretty expensive for a 1/5 scale. I am on a wait list, not sure if it will convert or not. Anybody just got converted recently?

On eBay? $500 for EX I believe. But I just want to buy it from sideshow.

There's still a good chance to get it through SSC because of all the replacement issues or cancellations. I know SSC is finally going through the 2nd batch shipping now so coverting is possible. GL

Last edited:
There's still a good chance to get it through SSC because of all the replacement issues or cancellations. I know SSC is finally going through the 2nd batch shipping now so coverting is possible. GL

Thanks VS, yes hopefully it will convert.

Worth every penny !!!!

So you said this is the best piece in your entire collection? Did you really mean that? I think I saw your collection on the collection thread and you have quite a few great ones.

So you said this is the best piece in your entire collection? Did you really mean that? I think I saw your collection on the collection thread and you have quite a few great ones.

Yes, since Jan I have bought 10 SS statues. Thanos is the best, as you seen my display, he is always in the center. Mistress Death, well I think you just take her as a bonus. Thanos himself, especially when you are looking it bottom up is just splendid. Not to mention I love the base, it gives me the feeling that Thanos has defeated all of the super heroes single hand. Look at his facial expression, he is like saying, "Thats it, you call yourselves super heroes?"

Yes, since Jan I have bought 10 SS statues. Thanos is the best, as you seen my display, he is always in the center. Mistress Death, well I think you just take her as a bonus. Thanos himself, especially when you are looking it bottom up is just splendid. Not to mention I love the base, it gives me the feeling that Thanos has defeated all of the super heroes single hand. Look at his facial expression, he is like saying, "Thats it, you call yourselves super heroes?"

Thanks for your input, ok I guess I will keep the order if my waitlist get converted. 10 SS statues in 3 months? It sounds like you can't stop buying SS statues hah? Just like me, I started in August last year and so far I have 15 SS statues in hand, 2 more will be delivered soon, 5 more on pre-order. Space can quickly becoming an issue, I know you have a space issue too since you live in Hong Kong. I've been to HK, it's a very beautiful city and expensive too :), high rise building everywhere. I love HK movies and I love the food there, and my wife like to shop in HK. I hope someday I can go back to visit HK again.

HK is a nice place to live in, in case you can afford the apartment. (Pretty much like NY, London or Tokyo) Yes I am addicted, since I have renovated my apartment I need to "fill" the apartment, either with crystals or statues I love. But one statue lead to another, lol. I think Thanos is a unique piece of work and is a must have !!!

Agrhhh why my EX waitlist has not converted yet? Come on Sideshow I want one.

Wasn't April the month when they were supposedly shipping out the new batch of re-makes from china? I haven't heard Anything from ss for a couple of months now.

Back