Thanos and Mistress Death Polystone Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Inspecting before shipping does no good if damage occurs during shipping. :lecture
I agree, but I've seen them take extra steps with other collector's pieces to assist in the prevention of breakage during shipping. With the amount of breakage with this piece, they SHOULD have done more to prevent it. Lazy bastards.

I even asked/suggested to customer service people, "Hey, can they just not glue on my shield, send it packed separately and I'll glue it myself, hell, I'll even pay for the second parcel to be shipped myself", of course I just got the cookie cutter reply not even addressing my question lol, I guess there's only so much a CSR is allowed to say, or not say.

Nevertheless I'm on the April wait list for my 3rd replacement.

I agree, but I've seen them take extra steps with other collector's pieces to assist in the prevention of breakage during shipping. With the amount of breakage with this piece, they SHOULD have done more to prevent it. Lazy bastards.

Well for my second piece, they did add a piece of cardboard that they wedged between the styrofoam and the bottom of the base.

Oddly enough, that didn't help prevent Cap's shield from breaking again.

I even asked/suggested to customer service people, "Hey, can they just not glue on my shield, send it packed separately and I'll glue it myself, hell, I'll even pay for the second parcel to be shipped myself", of course I just got the cookie cutter reply not even addressing my question lol, I guess there's only so much a CSR is allowed to say, or not say.

Nevertheless I'm on the April wait list for my 3rd replacement.
Hey, good try at least. Hope the next one is a goot one.

I halfway wish Bowen would release specs and pricing info on the Throne version before April. I'd be half tempted to cancel my SS one depending on what is released about the throne piece.

sorry to hear about your luck Barb, i know i was on pins and needles until i got mine and luckily it arrived mint, except for the dust and trimming i had to do on the sticker.

it really sucks since this is yet another great piece that ssc or the factory along the line screwed up.:monkey2

Man Barb, I'm sorry to hear that the piece arrived damaged. I hope the replacement piece they send you is perfect. As you can see, this is a great piece. To me, Thanos, Dr. Doom, and Magneto are the top 3 villians of the Marvel U. This is a sweet piece and worth the wait IMHO.

sorry to hear about your luck Barb, i know i was on pins and needles until i got mine and luckily it arrived mint, except for the dust and trimming i had to do on the sticker.

it really sucks since this is yet another great piece that ssc or the factory along the line screwed up.:monkey2
:exactly: What's up with that? Are they using different factories in past several months? Thanks, brother. :)
Man Barb, I'm sorry to hear that the piece arrived damaged. I hope the replacement piece they send you is perfect. As you can see, this is a great piece. To me, Thanos, Dr. Doom, and Magneto are the top 3 villians of the Marvel U. This is a sweet piece and worth the wait IMHO.
Thanks, filip. Yeah, I agree that it's definitely one righteous piece. I also agree with your list of top 3 baddies, and that's one big reason I want this statue in my collection. Missy Death ain't so bad either, except for that ridiculous fingerprint on her chest. :rolleyes:

Damn brother Barb' you fell into the grouping of those that got the wide spread broken shield Dio'...:(

Really sorry to hear that bro'.

Got my Thanos yesterday, number 111 no problems - shield looks good gaunlet lights up- no broken pieces:yess:

101_0612.jpg

101_0611.jpg

101_0610.jpg

101_0605.jpg

101_0608.jpg

101_0609.jpg

:fireworks :blissy :fireworks

Damn, Ski. Sorry to see that, brother. I know all too well how it feels to receive this piece all busted up. So, you mean to tell me that their ingenious method of ripping out some of the styrofoam didn't help protect it? WTF? Shocking!!! I thought for sure that would work!!! :confused:

DUH!!! :slap

Last edited:
Sorry Ski.

Had exactly the same problem. Mulled over the situation for a bit and sold the diorama.

Right now I don't regret my actions in the slightest. Opening that box and seeing the shield broken was like a dagger to the chest so I know exactly how you feel

Back