Thanos and Mistress Death Polystone Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you unfamiliar with the large amount of these that arrived damaged? The big problem was Cap's shield. Mine arrived broken, along with scores of other folks. Many folks, like myself, are still awaiting replacements. It was a pretty bad packaging plan.

Upon doing my research on this piece prior to buying that is the biggest problem I noticed most people ran across. Theres even a video on youtube of a guy doing an unboxing video and his dio actually had the cap shield busted upon taking it out. Such a shame something as simple as styrofoam packaging can cause so many collectors so much grief. I can only hope mines okay. :gah:

I for one hope they lost some money on having to go back to manufacturing to make up for the issue. All these years they have made pieces like this separate, in their own styrofoam compartments, why in blazes did they think it was a good idea to start gluing a a thin piece to the base. Sometimes the only way a company takes notice of things is when it hits their pocketbook. Surely this time around the shield will simply peg-in just like the cap shield on the Iron Spidey Comm.

Thanks, I couldn't believe what a deal I got especially it being the exclusive, and nice to know theres another Venturoo on the boards. :hi5:
Brother, Brock is the BEST! He cracks me the hell up. :lol
I for one hope they lost some money on having to go back to manufacturing to make up for the issue. All these years they have made pieces like this separate, in their own styrofoam compartments, why in blazes did they think it was a good idea to start gluing a a thin piece to the base. Sometimes the only way a company takes notice of things is when it hits their pocketbook. Surely this time around the shield will simply peg-in just like the cap shield on the Iron Spidey Comm.
:goodpost: I think it's pretty amateur and pathetic how they simply started ripping out the styrofoam around Cap's shield before shipping some of these. What the hell were they thinking? Is that what you want to receive when you pay such a price for a righteous statue? Um, no.

I agree with you both. We all pay top dollar for these sculpts, and from a business standpoint it seems a bit embarrassing for this to happen, ESPECIALLY when they say this particular dio was 2 years in the making. :thud:

I know they'll put a lot of thought into every upcoming pieces box from now on. Has this happened with any other piece before from SS? Ive heard some of the Hulk vs. Spidey dios were broken upon arrival.

I wonder if SS would accept mine if it is broken. Or perhaps its too late? :dunno

I agree with you both. We all pay top dollar for these sculpts, and from a business standpoint it seems a bit embarrassing for this to happen, ESPECIALLY when they say this particular dio was 2 years in the making. :thud:

I know they'll put a lot of thought into every upcoming pieces box from now on. Has this happened with any other piece before from SS? Ive heard some of the Hulk vs. Spidey dios were broken upon arrival.

I wonder if SS would accept mine if it is broken. Or perhaps its too late? :dunno
Yeah, there have been a handful of statues with poor packaging plans, of which many arrived damaged. Whenever this happens, I hope they learn their lesson. But sometimes, I think ____ just happens.

I know that SS has told many folks they need to go through the retailer they purchased a broken piece from for an exchange or return, so I don't know how they'd handle your situation. I just hope it arrives intact. Many folks have gotten one intact, so it is highly possible.

The other reason I do not feel bad, is when I talked to Kathy or whoever it was after I got my first one in broken. I told her that in my opinion a piece of foam on top of the shield might help, I even asked if I could just get an unglued shield instead and attach it myself, save Sideshow the money of shipping the whole thing back, I even offered another solution or two and all I got was their canned return policy. It drives me up the wall when a company gets just large enough where no one is allowed to think outside the box and are stuck with policy on principal. Even when said policy likely costs them even more money on the back end.

Instead of my simple request for a new shield, padded in a small box, I had to send it back, was sent a second one, boxed the same way, broken the same way. I had to ship that whole piece back as well, some more shipping they had to cover.

So as far as I'm concerned I don't care anymore to try to help them to help me and save money, I'm just going to keep sending them back over and over until it's right.

The other reason I do not feel bad, is when I talked to Kathy or whoever it was after I got my first one in broken. I told her that in my opinion a piece of foam on top of the shield might help, I even asked if I could just get an unglued shield instead and attach it myself, save Sideshow the money of shipping the whole thing back, I even offered another solution or two and all I got was their canned return policy. It drives me up the wall when a company gets just large enough where no one is allowed to think outside the box and are stuck with policy on principal. Even when said policy likely costs them even more money on the back end.

Instead of my simple request for a new shield, padded in a small box, I had to send it back, was sent a second one, boxed the same way, broken the same way. I had to ship that whole piece back as well, some more shipping they had to cover.

So as far as I'm concerned I don't care anymore to try to help them to help me and save money, I'm just going to keep sending them back over and over until it's right.
Apparently, that's the only option. It sucks because you've already paid for it and you have to keep waiting for it to ship to and from and every other step in between. :(

Sideshow refunded me my money and won't charge me until the new pieces are ready to ship out.
Yeah, that's what they did with this last round of returns on this piece. I was more talking about in general when a piece arrives damaged. There normally aren't any refunds and it's just a waiting game to receive a piece that's already been paid for. I am glad they did refunds on this one with the vast amount of waiting time. I am still not sure if I'll keep my order or not. I will only keep it if they fix the packaging plan, and pass if they do not. Ripping out the styrofoam is not an acceptable solution to me.

Yeah, that's what they did with this last round of returns on this piece. I was more talking about in general when a piece arrives damaged. There normally aren't any refunds and it's just a waiting game to receive a piece that's already been paid for. I am glad they did refunds on this one with the vast amount of waiting time. I am still not sure if I'll keep my order or not. I will only keep it if they fix the packaging plan, and pass if they do not. Ripping out the styrofoam is not an acceptable solution to me.

Yeah I'm right there with you on whether I keep this piece or not. My mindset towards this piece is full of negative connotations, so I don't know what I am going to do. My head says cancel, but my heart says wait. :gah:

I completely agree. They are just losing more and more money by having to constantly ship an almost 30 lb. piece back and forth across the world. If they can't see how bad they're ____ing up then this deserves to happen to SS (not us collectors!). :mad:

Amen to the last few comments.
If they simply cannot get it right, I'm taking a full refund, not going to settle for a $25 discount. Thanos is my hands down favorite villain so I want the pieces I buy to be new and minty, the way I paid for them.

And if they can't get it to me minty fresh, I'm not so attached to the design that I'll keep it flawed just because (Bowen's sculpts of Thanos are far superior to the comic likeness to me anyway).

They also refunded my money a couple months back and told me the replacements would be shipping april. I'm going with the assumption that whatever is causing their overall delays is pushing this piece back as well. But if it means them solving for this issue, I can wait a bit longer!

Amen to the last few comments.
If they simply cannot get it right, I'm taking a full refund, not going to settle for a $25 discount. Thanos is my hands down favorite villain so I want the pieces I buy to be new and minty, the way I paid for them.

And if they can't get it to me minty fresh, I'm not so attached to the design that I'll keep it flawed just because (Bowen's sculpts of Thanos are far superior to the comic likeness to me anyway).

They also refunded my money a couple months back and told me the replacements would be shipping april. I'm going with the assumption that whatever is causing their overall delays is pushing this piece back as well. But if it means them solving for this issue, I can wait a bit longer!
Hell yeah. I mean, we've already waited this long. What's a bit longer? Just get it right this time, for crying out loud!

I've been waiting so long that I'm not even looking forward to getting it anymore. Dreading it is more like it.

If I was in your situation I'd feel the same way. Its that thought the whole time, "Oh jeez, I can't wait to see if they messed up again." I can understand SS has probably got a lot on it's plate right now, but the fact of the matter is that it should have never happened in the first place. I mean, who messes up on styrofoam...:slap

Anyway, hope you guys get Thanos soon! :impatient:

So I received my Thanos processing notice last night. Still need to decide by May 11th on whether or not to keep this piece or get the Black Panther PF instead.

Keep It! Keep It! Keep It! Keep It! ... ad nauseum.

Reminder:

Thanos01.jpg

Thanos02.jpg

Magneto04.jpg

Back