Texas Chainsaw Massacre The Beginning

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's funny that Tobe Hooper didn't know his inspiration was Ed Gein per se till way after he finished the movie. I heard the story of some guy doing all that icky stuff and got the idea, but years later he found out the mans name was Ed Gein.

This film features the unbelievably sexy Diora Baird, including a couple of nice skimpy shots... so I give it a pass on that merit alone. :love

I just done watching this movie again, man is it awesome, and yeah the major flaw is the end, how did Tommy/Leatherface get in the back of car, lets pretend he is good at guessing? Either way, awesome movie! my favorite TCm film besides the 74 version.

check out the 2 disc version of the first remake. disc 2 has a pretty good ed gein documentary.

I didn't like TCM the Begining. It was the same as the others. Driving on vacation, get captured, and a GIRL gets away. No originality, nothing new. Hollywood has nothing fresh, remake after remake. At least Hannibal has defferent stories where Texas Chainsaw is the same story, different actors. I was expecting a different movie not the same as the last one.

What girl got away exactly? Everyone died in that movie. On vacation? ummm, not one TCM movie features anyone on vacation ever, except possibely the third one.I never said it was original, i said it was good. I don't rate movies on if they are uniqe or not, a movie could have an original idea and suck. Sure this movie followed a pattern but it was executed good, I rather see that then a ****ty movie with an original idea.

My point was it's always a girl that tries and saves the day. From the original to the 2 new ones and the remake with Renee Zellweger. Same exact stories. The original was the best and all the remakes are garbage. The movies is so predictable.

The script to the next movie will be, young kids driving on a road breakdown, wierd people try to eat them and a girl gets away. Wait thats the same as the Original, the remake, the beginning, and the return with Zellweger. Letdown. There was nothing new, nothing fresh, just rip off the orignal to make some quick cash.

My point is your wrong, The late 90's remake was complete crap so I won't defend that. TCM 2 and # don't follow your pattern. Any way, I never said it wasn't predictable. It is. Who cares? They are fun to watch. I'm sick of all these movies with some stupid twist.

:rotfl , you are a true fan. But I rather watch a good story, rather then something that is fun to watch.

Well I don't think the story is bad per se, But I wasn't going in to see something that was competely different and would blow my mind, I went in to see Leatherface kill people, It's like going into a Friday the 13th film and then complaining because all that happened was a guy in a hockey walked around and killed teenagers. You have to know what to except from a movie and what a movie is supposed to be.

lol iv only seen the ending of the remake of TCM and i have not seen TCM the begining, whats the point? if you've seen the original, no point seenin a remake of the same thing?

NASEDO said:
My point was it's always a girl that tries and saves the day. From the original to the 2 new ones and the remake with Renee Zellweger. Same exact stories. .

Have you ever seen a horror movie before???

Try and tell me thats not how ALL OF THEM ARE, Group of teens, murders, female hero get away(maybe) and sometimes even saves someone else.

Thats what slashers are about, Friday, Halloween, TCM, and all of the other hundreds of slashers that I have seen and you probobly havent. One thing counts and thats the body count, not the story or the actors, save all that for your star wars and LOTR. We dont watch these films for thier great stories and character development we watch them to see as many people die in 90 mins as possible. Your apparently watching these movies for the wrong reasons.

Somebody on this thread said something about Hannibal. Great trilogy but did they ever deface hannibal and Anthony Hopkins' legacy with that Hannibal rising.
The only thing that kept me entertained that whole three hrs was the fact that at the theatre I had 2 pitchers of Margaritas and fell asleep.

New horror is not true horror. The point is the movie sucks. Atleast Jason went to Space.

NASEDO said:
Atleast Jason went to Space.

:rotfl
Point made, I didnt care for most of the movie either, but I did really enjoy the work put into the gore. On the uncut version things are much more graffic. It only actually has about 15 to 20 secons of additional footage, but each time they panned away 3 or 4 sec early during someone getting sawed in half or getting thier face cut off, thats what this 20 second of add. footage is made of.
:cut :cut :cut
:blissysmi :blissysmi :blissysmi
:rotfl :lol : :rotfl

darthviper107 said:
The only thing I liked from Jason X was when he took the two girls in the sleeping bags and started smashing them into a tree. It was great.

But that's a goof on a scene from part 7...

Back