Texas Chainsaw...bloodied up!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
leatherr.jpg

I wish SS had made the apron out of vinyl instead of cloth.

Also nice to see my Bits & Pieces accessories being put to good use!

The components are there, but some significant tweaks make the figure even stronger. Probably the biggest flaw in the stock figure is the color, material and deco of the apron. Although you can't turn the fabric into vinyl, you can improve the color and deco.

I'm seriously looking at the new Kaustic buck as well. Good call, Galactiboy.

Yeah, I know Seb used the T-800 body and the Kaustic looks to be pretty similar in proportions; but for waaaay less money.

I'm wondering if adding some gloss and yellowing the apron might give it a bit more of the vinyl look?

I used yellow gloss spray paint, but the fabric gobbled up the gloss. I was afraid to use some manner of clearcoat because the apron was getting stiff enough at that point.

Good to know. I plan on messing with my apron a bit to see what can do.

Wonder now difficult it would be make a custom one?

Can you just go to Michael's and buy a 1/2 yard of vinyl fabric and trace out a new apron? Or whatever fabric/ craft store you may have where you live.

Yeah, I think that is about all it might take... just have to find a thin enough vinyl in the right color.

Hello fellows,
First Ragnarohman, your custom is cool like hell.
And the movie is great but the figure from SS is actually not so good because of the evolution of the hobbie. At this time (2003 ?) it was a very good one.
So, Ragnarohman and friends, what do you think about my custom of original TCM's Thomas hewitt ?

mod_article45712553_4f7958edcfa9d.jpg

Need probably to repaint mask and find a most accurate shirt...

mod_article45712553_4f79568c6664d.jpg

Got some yellow vinyl and finally made the apron I've been wanting. Inspired by chupanegro's super-bloody version (and killer photography,) I took another pass at 'ol Bubba:

leatherfacea.jpg

leatherfaceaa.jpg

leatherfacec.jpg

With a little work and a lot of inspiration from other Freaks, what was once a figure I considered selling is now one of my favorites.

leatherfacedd.jpg

Looks great, very well made! Love the texture on the blood and the butchers "fore-cloth" :p

Ragnar

Holy crap !!!

some serious love here for good old Leathermug.

damn guys its all looking great !

Sundance , looking good mang, did you do the muscle body switch ?

Batmanprofessor, thats some great bloody-ing, that Vynil idea is sweet, gotta steal that idea from you :D ... did you sew or glue ?

Ragnahroman, I'm still waiting for my remake leatherface to arrive , got it from Ebay for a pretty painful price ... (don't mention yours if you got it for retail)

but all I can say , when I opened my OG leatherface 2 weeks ago...it was a revelation ..couldn't believe a nearly 10 yr old headsculpt could easily be equal if not above HT level

Back