Testors dullcote problem

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnnyStarquest

Super Freak
Reaction score
Anyone ever have their dullcote spray turn the paint white? My last can I had worked great. This can has worked good before as well. I sprayed it to seal my layer of paint and the hair and some face turned white. I ran water over and it washed away but came right back.
Please help.
Here are some pics.
y3e6u5yr.jpg

manuhuqy.jpg

y6usesyj.jpg

sezu8ybu.jpg

I have been using Dull Coat for years and have never had any problems. It looks as if it may have had a reaction to the paint your using??

It's never done it before though. Same paint I always use. :( I sprayed the head last night to seal the flesh tone. It worked like a charm. I sprayed it a little while ago to seal the hair and it went white.

I read on another forum that I may be able to spray it again and it should clear up. If not ill buy a new can and start over. :( ill let everyone know if it works. Maybe it'll help someone else out later.
Possible problems too humid or I didn't shake can well enough. Ill try again tomorrow.

Do you use a hair dryer to make it dry quicker?
Also i have had this before and the only other thing
i have just finished cleaning my airbrush with airbrush thinner.
And then straight after used dullcote causing this to happen
so the airbrush cleaner must have reacted with it.

Use Humbrol Matte never ever had a problem with it

That looks like alcohol and dullcoate to me. Did you clean the brush that was being used to paint the hair prior and then coat it?

Another tip I do with dullcoate and I know it sounds trivial but I watch my wall clock and shake the can vigoriously until I hit the 60 second mark. Therefore you aren't guessing on amount of time it's been shakened and you won't have a inconsistency with the spray.

Ski

That looks like alcohol and dullcoate to me. Did you clean the brush that was being used to paint the hair prior and then coat it?

Another tip I do with dullcoate and I know it sounds trivial but I watch my wall clock and shake the can vigoriously until I hit the 60 second mark. Therefore you aren't guessing on amount of time it's been shakened and you won't have a inconsistency with the spray.

E

Meow Meow rawr Meow meow mwahr meow meow. Meow Meow rawr Meow meow mwahr meow meow. Meow Meow rawr Meow meow mwahr meow meow?

Meow Meow rawr Meow meow mwahr meow meow. Meow Meow rawr Meow meow mwahr meow meow. Meow Meow rawr Meow meow mwahr meow meow. Meow Meow rawr Meow meow mwahr meow meow. Meow Meow rawr Meow meow mwahr meow meow.

Benny the cat.

E

Meow Meow rawr Meow meow mwahr meow meow. Meow Meow rawr Meow meow mwahr meow meow. Meow Meow rawr Meow meow mwahr meow meow?

Meow Meow rawr Meow meow mwahr meow meow. Meow Meow rawr Meow meow mwahr meow meow. Meow Meow rawr Meow meow mwahr meow meow. Meow Meow rawr Meow meow mwahr meow meow. Meow Meow rawr Meow meow mwahr meow meow.

Benny the cat.

:panic: :panic: :panic:
tumblr_lp2b82AHgS1r0zbwoo1_500.gif
:panic: :panic: :panic:

Sent from my SkiPCS8100 using Skiatalk

My method liqutex acrylic watered down. I never use alcohol. I clean my brushes with Pink Soap brush cleaner.
I tried spraying it again it went away when wet but came back when dry. I'm going to try the can on another head. Ill have to strip this one and try again. If it happens again ill buy a new can.

Keep an eye on that second hand on the clock. :lecture

Glad it all came out ok.

Ski

Sent from my SkiPCS8100 using Skiatalk

Back