Terminator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Terminator thread.

I hate to be the dissenting voice here, but I'm disappointed with both the T2 figures . The headsculpts are O.k, but the body shape and clothing just look too..well, TOY like! The T-800s jacket is particularly poorly tailored .

You could always upgrade the jacket and pants to the Saturday Toys real leather versions with the threads. I think the Sideshow jacket is fine once you paint the silver zippers like pjam did.

Yeah, tell it to HIM. :lol

DSC03608.jpg

Seriously, take in the sleeves, add leg sleeves and a zip paint and he kicks ass, of course the Harley, bandolier and HT Weapons set makes him.

Dave and Pjam, great pics of the Governator! Who made that Harley, btw? That totally kicks ass!!! :rock :rock :rock

Fyi, Blister supplies two of the best figure shops I know of in Osaka and they're usually the first to get new stuff. No Endo this week, but hopefully it'll be out soon. Got one coming from Sideshow, but I may just have to grab another one to play with while I'm waiting! :D

dekadentdave said:
Since this looks like it's Kyle Reese Day here's one of mine:

84reese5.jpg
WHOA!
mind sharing which parts you used for this excellent custom? :D

Thanks. The trenchcoat is from a Connor MacCleod dyed with a mixture of gray and green and a 12 gauge with sawed-off stock and cord tied around his arm and barrel like in the film. The Nikes I found and painted the swoosh white. Pjam says it's silver but I thought it looked white. Anyway, I dig my 20th century Reese. I have him in my "Come with me if you want to live" pose.

dekadentdave said:
Thanks. The trenchcoat is from a Connor MacCleod dyed with a mixture of gray and green and a 12 gauge with sawed-off stock and cord tied around his arm and barrel like in the film. The Nikes I found and painted the swoosh white. Pjam says it's silver but I thought it looked white. Anyway, I dig my 20th century Reese. I have him in my "Come with me if you want to live" pose.

Looks great Dave,
Yes those Nike's were black and have a silver swoosh. Batty confirmed it last year, he had the same pair, and provided a screen cap (see Kyle in dressing booth when he put them on). The swoosh is silver with white border. They also have a thin white band around the high tops... I'm gonna use a thin adhesive tape strip for that.

Thought that was from the lighting at night. The daylight shots they look navy blue with white swoosh.

Hard to tell from this shot though. I'll try to find a better screen grab but I already had this one on file:

reese.jpg

Screen grab it from when he was in the dressing booth, close up of the Nike's there. I had this same conversation with Batty last year, like I said he had this same pair back in the 80's.

thanks dekadentdave

for those having trouble with the T-800's jacket, try twisting a metal wire together until it becomes firm, and stick in under the jacket at the bottom. the material is folded on the inside, so you'll have 'pockets' on the insides of the front. put one edge of the wire into one side, run it all the way round the back and put the other end into the other pocket. you'll need to find a position where it will stay, and then you may bend the wires accordingly and make the jacket stay open.

you can see just a bit of the silver wire i used here...

voila! my jacket initially came wrapped around his torso covering the belt completely.
18660070.6f82cf.jpg

It's very hard to tell since there are no really good shots of the Nikes. The best daylight shot is when they come out from the bridge. When he's hanging from the fire escape the swoosh looks white. In the phonebooth you can see a reflective silver tape on the velcro strap but I don't really see it on the swoosh. Anyway, it's close enough for rock n' roll.

nike3.jpg

nike2.jpg

nike1.jpg

D,
This pic clearly shows the silver on the swoosh and Batty HAD them, dude wore them. What else do you need? :lol

nike1.jpg

Do as you wish, mine are gonna be silver swoosh with white borders and the band too...:D

Just messing bro, and thanks for the grabs, Sarah wearing Kyle's Trench, Classic Shot!

Btw, Your Reese looks GREAT as is! :D :cool:

Last edited:

I have to say as an outsider looking in (I dont have any of these figures, and I havent seen the film in years) those trainers look black with a silver swoosh...... but I'm sure they look cool either way :)

I had a pair as well. They had white soles, silver swoosh and strap.

Is that a blue gel on your llghting source or photoshop?

Photoshop-esque effects, I use Apple Aperture as my photography software and I found that changing the temperature towards the blue end of the spectrum got a Cameron style lighting effect.

Its an awesome sculpting job, but there is no way I could live with myself if I payed that kind of money for just a head.

Back