Terminator Salvation = Awesome

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally saw it last night, my wife loved it I thought it was OK. Some nice set pieces, went a bit pear shaped at the end, but it was all... OK!

The only benefit i got from this movie was giving Hot Toys the excuse to make some kick arse figures.

Spoiler Spoiler:

But
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

The movie was not "awesome" at all IMO.

Agreed, at no time did I feel any awe whatsoever, I enjoyed seeing Hunter Killers really doing their stuff, and the 'Harvesterbot' or whatever it's called was cool to see in a Transformers kind of way... but yeah, no awe here either, but awe is a pretty scarce commodity in these CG savvy times (unless you are from North America in which case a an episode of House or a cold beer can actually be awesome!).
Just glad it wasn't terrible, I'd have got the figures anyway, but it helps to have enjoyed the thing your figures are based on!

I saw it yesterday and thought it was entertaining. It's never going to beat the 1-2 punch of T1 and T2 but i didn't expect it to either. My main criticism was with the way the movie was edited, it was very schizophrenic. Maybe that was due to the 40 minutes of missing footage i've been reading about, which hopefully they add back in for the Blu-ray release.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Marcus was great though, and surprised me at being the best character in the film. Sam Worthington was able to use restraint to great effect, while Bale just seemed to shout all the time as though he had lost his hearing when the bombs fell.

I'm going to see it again next week though, as it always takes me a few screenings to properly soak in a film. For anyone on the fence, this is a popcorn flick so just don't go in expecting a Cameron masterpiece and you will have a good time.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Exactly what I've been saying for the last couple of days...

Exactly what I've been saying for the last couple of days...

What we have to remember....
Spoiler Spoiler:

thats my logic :D

Well it all depends on what you expect in a film ............ I found most of it similar to a Naked Gun movie. It was just missing Lt. Frank Drebin.

hahahaha! in an alternate universe, that somehow fits together. oj simpson was shortlisted for the t800 role in t1. he's also in naked gun. so does that make frank drebin part of the resistance? he'd probably end up accidentally triggering judgment day all over again. :rotfl

I saw it yesterday and thought it was entertaining. It's never going to beat the 1-2 punch of T1 and T2 but i didn't expect it to either. My main criticism was with the way the movie was edited, it was very schizophrenic. Maybe that was due to the 40 minutes of missing footage i've been reading about, which hopefully they add back in for the Blu-ray release.

where'd u read that there's FORTY mins of missing footage? :confused:

What we have to remember....
Spoiler Spoiler:

thats my logic :D
I thought the CGI was definitely very good, but it still seems like we are several years away from it being convincing enough to seem like something is physically in a scene. Who knows, Avatar could be the film that does this if the hype holds true.

I thought the CGI was definitely very good, but it still seems like we are several years away from it being convincing enough to seem like something is physically in a scene. Who knows, Avatar could be the film that does this if the hype holds true.

If anyone can do it its Cameron. :rock
He seems determined as ever and both Speilberg and Ridley Scott have said from what they have seen its mind blowing. :D
I can't wait . :rock

where'd u read that there's FORTY mins of missing footage? :confused:
I'm sure i read it in this very thread, but i don't really want to look through 800 posts to find where it was said! :D

I think i've read in a few places that there was 39 minutes cut or something like that, or maybe i'm just imaging things?

Back